Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Bravo Anyone?

• 22-12-2009 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I have just very recently considered buying a new phone and came across the HTC Hero. Browsing through the HTC Hero thread I came across a post which mentioned the Bravo (/Passion). Just wondering is anybody else who has yet to buy an android phone considering waiting for the Bravo? Not due out till before the summer I think, might be idealistic to think Meteor will have it, suppose I'm presuming they will considering they carry the Hero now.

I know with technology these days anything you buy is outdated before you have it out of the box, just from what I've read it does seem an improvement, and I reckon I could hold out until the summer to get it myself.

Just wondering is anybody else considering this dilemma?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

From what I understand, the Passion will be going to Vodafone - used the Hero for a couple of weeks before upgrading recently, though, and have to say it's a great device.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

what did you upgrade to if you dont mind me asking? taught the hero was top of the line

also, where did you hear about the bravo/passion going to vodafone? that'd put a dent in my master plan

I upgraded to the Passion as part of an Android testing group - it rocks :o)

Carrier was only a rumour, so nothing even semi-concrete yet, but I'm not sure if I'd hold my breath for Meteor to get it (purely a personal opinion!)

are you frickin kiddin me!? suppose that was an upgrade then!!

you using it on vodafone network here so i take it, or are you sworn to secrecy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

is the passion not the nexus one? or is that a different kettle of fish?

• Advertisement

nexus is the google phone, think its a HTC build but doesnt say HTC on it. think earlier rumours taught the passion and the nexus were the one but its my understanding that this is not the case

Using it on Meteor actually - yeah it's a HTC device but unbranded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Using it on Meteor actually - yeah it's a HTC device but unbranded.

Turbo jealous. I'm going to be moving on my Galaxy and have been eyeing the passion (bravo) for a while, but no new release details have come out so am leaning towards the nexus.

I know you have to be super secret, but can you just answer me whether you think it might be released (sim free or otherwise) by February-ish time? Also, what's the camera and video recorder like? That's the main thing attracting me to it, but am a little hesitant because HTC have been pretty weak in these areas so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

I'm in the same boat, was going to wait until summer and pick myself up an iPhone but a friend of mine has the hero and it's a great phone so I'm probably going to wait for the bravo. Any one think I should get the iPhone over the bravo?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

The HTC Bravo is the Google Nexus One without the Google name. It's that simple, they're the exact same phone just different logos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Am moving off meteor, just need to decide if I go HTC vodafone or Iphone O2!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Looks like the Bravo will be launched tomorrow & has been renamed the Desire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Desire has an extra 230mb RAM over the nexus... probably be my next phone, when I've had the hero for a year.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Desire has an extra 230mb RAM over the nexus... probably be my next phone, when I've had the hero for a year.

Are you sure? Nexus One has 512mb RAM, most I've heard about the Desire is that it may have 576mb. 742mb sounds a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Bravo/Desire has 576mb RAM. This, the hardware keys, FM radio and single mic are the only major differences hardware-wise between it and the N1.
    Are you sure? Nexus One has 512mb RAM, most I've heard about the Desire is that it may have 576mb. 742mb sounds a bit strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Are you sure?

no, not anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cpu.dude

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Nexus has 512MB of RAM, Desire has 288MB of RAM.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2080&c=htc_droid_eris_htc_desire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Nexus has 512MB of RAM, Desire has 288MB of RAM.
    As Elderlemon says above, Desire has 576MB RAM according to HTC website today.

http://www.htc.com/europe/product/desire/specification.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cpu.dude

Zagato wrote: »
    As Elderlemon says above, Desire has 576MB RAM according to HTC website today.

http://www.htc.com/europe/product/desire/specification.html
    Ah the new one yes, couldn't for the life of me find the spec off the HTC site earlier.

Yeah I know, I guess it just made it up there in the last couple of hours after their press event at MWC this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

This looks great, a V 2.0 Nexus One in fact, any news on when it might be available here and on which network (if any)???

Should be available (unlikely on an Irish carrier) in April. Vodafone were on the stand at the press event with HTC, so I guess it's a fair bet that they would have it, although they are never quick to bring phones like this to the Irish market

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

Zagato wrote: »
    Should be available (unlikely on an Irish carrier) in April. Vodafone were on the stand at the press event with HTC, so I guess it's a fair bet that they would have it, although they are never quick to bring phones like this to the Irish market

yeah, I thought as much, my last 2 phones were sim free (over €400 each) but i don't have that kind of money spare now to spalsh out on the Desire, I'll just have to hope a carrier picks it up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Full Specs on Bravo/Desire GSMArena - http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire-3077.php

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Ditto!

Will be keeping my hero for a while, at least they confirmed that the new Sense UI with Leap will be available for existing Hero owners

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Actually, I have it on good authority that the Desire IS coming to an Irish fone network, but I'm not at liberty to say which one. Comes from someone who works for that particular network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

http://phandroid.com/2010/02/16/t-mobile-uk-launching-htc-desire-march-26th/

I guess it will launch in Ireland some time around then too. The latest Sense seems to still need a bit of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It ticks the boxes for me, all the specs of the Nexus plus Sense on top. Will hopefully buy one if the price is reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Actually, I have it on good authority that the Desire IS coming to an Irish fone network, but I'm not at liberty to say which one. Comes from someone who works for that particular network.

Wasn't the rumour that vodafone were getting the nexus one?

Can't seem to find it anywhere but has this lost the nexus' notification light along with the trackball?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

squire23 wrote: »
    The HTC Bravo is the Google Nexus One without the Google name. It's that simple, they're the exact same phone just different logos

Well, the big difference (and the delay) is that the HTC Bravo will quite likely have HTC's Sense UI.

This is a very fancy graphical user interface enhancement which is layered on over Android and it's what makes the HTC Hero an iPhone killer.

The Nexus One with Sense UI i.e. the HTC Bravo will wipe the floor with a lot of phones, iPhones included.

The delay is that HTC are currently working on a stable version of Android 2.1 with Sense UI bolted on.

I'd suspect that you'll see it in March sometime which is when the update for the HTC Hero is estimated to arrive.

Advertisement