Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Bravo Anyone?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Solair wrote: »
    Well, the big difference (and the delay) is that the HTC Bravo will quite likely have HTC's Sense UI.

This is a very fancy graphical user interface enhancement which is layered on over Android and it's what makes the HTC Hero an iPhone killer.

The Nexus One with Sense UI i.e. the HTC Bravo will wipe the floor with a lot of phones, iPhones included.

The delay is that HTC are currently working on a stable version of Android 2.1 with Sense UI bolted on.

I'd suspect that you'll see it in March sometime which is when the update for the HTC Hero is estimated to arrive.
    The Desire will have the Sense UI. March 26th is earliest street date confirmed yet (T-Mobile in the UK). Here's a nice, short article on the differences between HTC's major phones (Legend v Nexus One v Desire v HD Mini)
    http://recombu.com/news/htc-legend-vs-htc-google-nexus-one-vs-htc-desire-vs-htc-hd-mini_M11436.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

It has no noise cancelling mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

squire23 wrote: »
    The Desire will have the Sense UI. March 26th is earliest street date confirmed yet (T-Mobile in the UK). Here's a nice, short article on the differences between HTC's major phones (Legend v Nexus One v Desire v HD Mini)
    http://recombu.com/news/htc-legend-vs-htc-google-nexus-one-vs-htc-desire-vs-htc-hd-mini_M11436.html

Nice article, looks like Legend will be the one to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

€419 on amazon.de sounds reasonable.

i.engadget.com/2010/02/17/htc-desire-listed-for-419-at-amazons-german-portal/

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Nice article, looks like Legend will be the one to get.

Maybe not!
    The reviewer seems to prefer the looks of the legend, that's why he gives it top spot, but to be honest that's a purely personal thing, I prefer the look for the Nexys1/Desire from the pics I have seen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bluefoam wrote: »
    €419 on amazon.de sounds reasonable.

i.engadget.com/2010/02/17/htc-desire-listed-for-419-at-amazons-german-portal/

Around the same price I paid for my Hero, seems reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Looks very nice. Im liking the Legend too but no Snapdragon Chip which is frustrating. I think the Desire looks a tad nicier so Im leaning towards that.

Dman001 wrote: »
    Looks very nice. Im liking the Legend too but no Snapdragon Chip which is frustrating. I think the Desire looks a tad nicier so Im leaning towards that.

yes you're right, with the snapdragon processor, it'll be well faster than the legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Vodafone, 3 & T-Mobile have lined up to bring the Desire to the UK. Hopefully that'll mean Vodafone Ireland will be bringing it here shortly as well
    http://www.htcsource.com/2010/02/vodafone-t-mobile-and-3-line-up-to-offer-the-htc-desire/

squire23 wrote: »
    Vodafone, 3 & T-Mobile have lined up to bring the Desire to the UK. Hopefully that'll mean Vodafone Ireland will be bringing it here shortly as well
    http://www.htcsource.com/2010/02/vodafone-t-mobile-and-3-line-up-to-offer-the-htc-desire/

we can put hope, any value in lobbying Vodafone??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I hope Vodafone dont get the Nexus and the Desire. I'd like if a bit of healthy competition came into play :D I can see Meteor getting the Legend, but Im only basing that on the fact that they got the Hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

500euro on amazon.de now. works out about 550euro on expansys.co.uk and 570euro on expansys.ie.

419euro seemed very cheap. The noise cancelling mic was left out to keep the price down. apparently the inclusion of that little mic adds quite a bit to the cost of the device. Have one pre-ordered. can't wait.

100gSoma wrote: »
    500euro on amazon.de now. works out about 550euro on expansys.co.uk and 570euro on expansys.ie.

419euro seemed very cheap. The noise cancelling mic was left out to keep the price down. apparently the inclusion of that little mic adds quite a bit to the cost of the device. Have one pre-ordered. can't wait.

From whom have you preordered it?

Advertisement