If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ONKYO HTX-22HD and DSA1X dock

Options
  • 22-12-2009 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi RS,

Want to get the above systems to go with a PS3 and HD freesat but the ipod dock is listed as in store only. What's the chance of getting a delivery to Cork of both?

Don't intend to be going 5.1 with it anytime soon (room just won't allow it) but I'd really like to make it 3.1 so am interested in a center speaker that won't clash awfully with the look of the systems speakers or maybe a center and a pair upgrade that match if the deal is good?

This is a well spoke of system on AVforums but there was a issue with buzzing with PS3's over hdmi. Meant to be sorted but want to be sure it's new stock or if you could test it before sending?

FAQ on 'em (buzz and add on speaker spec, 6 ohms or greater impedance apparently???):
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/9338400-post18.html

Current forum (part1 had to close cause it got so big)
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/all-one-systems/978965-onkyo-htx22hd-integrated-amp-speaker-system-part-2-a.html

Doesn't have to be here for Christmas but it would be nice to have it to play with it next week if possible?

Cheers,

Martin.

P.S. I'm told Santa had a early delivery of the Philips wireless internet radio I'd posted about a few weeks ago. Thanks much and the missus was very impressed by the service ye showed, which will make spending money in the future much easier!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Chad_Fantastic

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is any info on this kit, I see superfi in the uk are bundling the upgrade kit to 5.1 for 299 pounds, any similar deals from the RS side?

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/5989

Cheers,

M.

P.S. voodoochile tells me he wants to buy the same toy so maybe two quick sales for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

Yeah, I'd be interested in the 2.1 set up if I could clarify that the buzzing issue is with older units, and what the procedure is for repair here in the south should I buy one and a fault develops?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bobbleheadray

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is any info on this kit, I see superfi in the uk are bundling the upgrade kit to 5.1 for 299 pounds, any similar deals from the RS side?

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/5989

Cheers,

M.

P.S. voodoochile tells me he wants to buy the same toy so maybe two quick sales for ya?

Count me in if the buzzing issue has been sorted out with newer models.

Yeah, I'd be interested in the 2.1 set up if I could clarify that the buzzing issue is with older units, and what the procedure is for repair here in the south should I buy one and a fault develops?

same here, buzzing issue is putting me off, they should test them for buzzing before selling them, as it's too much of a hassle sending them back for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

Bump:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Chill10

I bought Onkyo HTX 22HD from ebuyer.com in UK last week. Buzzing problem is still there. Connection to UPC box thru RCA is fine. However, Sony Bluray thru HDMI has terrible buzz. ebuyer are going to RMA. Great service from them, but lots of hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Chill.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the HTX22.

Are you going directly out of a bluray or are you using the PS3 for source ?

We really haven't had too many issues with this model and the HTX22 was always popular and we still have stock so we could test our shop one if you can let us know your setup.

Keep us posted and we'll run a few tests of our own.

Cheers

Dave

Dave, it's a Sony s360 bluray. Interestingly, I also have a WD HD Live connected thru HDMI and this is fine. No buzz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys there was an issue with older HTX22 and Onkyo did a fix via their excellent service providers, Genserve - we had a few ourselves early last year that had to be modifed by Genserve.

All new stock HTX22 should be fine now (and all our stock is 2010 arrival stock) however the SK11 add on speakers are now discontinued - we can do the HTX22 2.1 for just £249.95 / €289.99 including FREE shipping countrywide for Boardies.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you all and drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Hi John,

OP here and thanks for the 'back from the honeymoon' deal on this, really helps with the freezing fog outside. I'll be having a set but might add a few bits on as well, I'd like a centre speaker to make it 3.1 or a centre and a matching pair of speakers to go with it and what price a Onkyo ipod dock?

And your old buddy KAO123 might want me to get some speaker stands for him as part of the ship too but I'll come back to you on that.

Cheers much!!!!

Martin.

• Advertisement

OK. I have not yet sent the HTX22 back. I have an RMA valid for 30 days. However, the buzz is now gone. I have not changed anything in the setup. I'm puzzled and now wondering what I should do... Anyone out there got any theory as to why the buzz would stop and is it likely to come back? Many thanks all.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@Chill10,

Feel free to open a discussion thread about this issue on the Home Entertainment forums, See here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 for the general rules on this forum.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Chill10 wrote: »
    OK. I have not yet sent the HTX22 back. I have an RMA valid for 30 days. However, the buzz is now gone. I have not changed anything in the setup. I'm puzzled and now wondering what I should do... Anyone out there got any theory as to why the buzz would stop and is it likely to come back? Many thanks all.

Ritzy - Thanks for that!

Chill - to be honest - we have tried to give you a hand out on this issue and again to be fair your original retailer has also offered a replacement/ repair on this unit - as discussed even though you did not buy the unit from us as a BOARDIE if you get it back to us we will happily get the Onkyo UK service agants to look after it for you - however as per my earlier email this WAS an issue that affected older HTX22's which Onkyo have now resolved - so I do think its a bit unfair to keep posting your problem on the RS forum when we have offered to assist, your original retailer has offered to assist AND you did not buy it from ourselves! :confused:

Again thanks Ritz and Chill if you need help - just give us a call!

ATB

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

I was gonna order this one out til i found out about this one, which is due to come out in May. can't wait to get my hands on this one...Onkyo HTX-22HDX
    :cool:

Ahhhhh bum!
    A week after I get mine there’s both a new one coming out AND the older one is offered 20 quid cheaper on another thread

Tears apart, I’d like to both thank the Richersounds guys (John and Kenny) for the help in sorting me with this, excellent service as always and to recommend the Onkyo in its current guise, no sign of the dreaded buzzing from the PS3, lots of connections in, the speakers are smaller and much better looking than you’d expect and the tester movie Iron Man on blueray was awesome!!!!

So awesome that I’ve been cleared to upgrade to 5.1, I’d already a centre on order but put that on hold trying to decide on a center/front combo.

BTW, on Johns suggestion I paired it with a Philips SJM3152 ipod dock rather than the onkyo variant (satisfyingly cheaper!) and it’s multifunction remote turns out to be one of those things you wonder how you lived without

Martin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Chad_Fantastics.

I've editted your post to restore it to normal font size. Please check the Stickey entitled "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" for general forum rules, all capital letters or enlarged font posting is not encouraged.

Cheers,

Ritz.

Thanks for that Ritz (on both posts!), I think the font size carried over from my spell checking...

:o

No prob..... :)

Ritz.

Ahhhhh bum!
    A week after I get mine there’s both a new one coming out AND the older one is offered 20 quid cheaper on another thread

Tears apart, I’d like to both thank the Richersounds guys (John and Kenny) for the help in sorting me with this, excellent service as always and to recommend the Onkyo in its current guise, no sign of the dreaded buzzing from the PS3, lots of connections in, the speakers are smaller and much better looking than you’d expect and the tester movie Iron Man on blueray was awesome!!!!

So awesome that I’ve been cleared to upgrade to 5.1, I’d already a centre on order but put that on hold trying to decide on a center/front combo.

BTW, on Johns suggestion I paired it with a Philips SJM3152 ipod dock rather than the onkyo variant (satisfyingly cheaper!) and it’s multifunction remote turns out to be one of those things you wonder how you lived without

Martin.

It's the same story with almost all tech gadgets, especially laptops, mobile phones, they just keep on updating them.

you seem to be happy with your purchase anyway, and that's the important thing. I can't wait to replace my Aldi 5.1, :cool:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.