Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frozen Pipes - No water from Mains - Central Heating

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vicks28

Hi, I arrived home on xmas day to find I had no water in the cold tap in the kitchen sink, other homes have. I assume mine is gone as the mains are frozen?!? Water everywhere else seems to be fine. Does this mean the mains into the tank are frozen too? I still have no cold water in the kitchen sink even though a thaw is on! I'm set to go away for afew days and was wondering whats best to do, knock off the water from the garden will this be enough to prevent a burst pipe so I can relax whilst gone and worry about it when I get back or whats my options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Is there water filling to the tank upstairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vicks28

good question,I don't know!! I haven't used any water cause dont want to empty the tank if its not refilling! I 'm on my todd and haven't a clue about these things :p

Advertisement