Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

307 problem

• 22-12-2009 12:59pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi my 307 has been hard started lately,and when i went to start it yesterday it was just turning over but it wouldn't start.It came up on the little screen saying "insufficient oil pressure" and then the oil light>Just to point out this never came on before.So i checked the dipstick an it was a bit low but there was oil on it.I topped it up but it still wont start!
    Does anyone why this is?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Is it petrol or diesel? if its diesel it could be the heat plugs.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Is it petrol or diesel? if its diesel it could be the heat plugs.
    Its a petrol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Sorry for delay in reply
    It could be the coil pack or the fuel pump which are common faults with peugeot. does it idle well or cut out itself?

Sorry for delay in reply
    It could be the coil pack or the fuel pump which are common faults with peugeot. does it idle well or cut out itself?

No I stopped it and it wont start at all!Nope we ruled out the pump i think it may be the immobiliser!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

pajero12 wrote: »
    No I stopped it and it wont start at all!Nope we ruled out the pump i think it may be the immobiliser!

Maybe take apart the remote key fob and see if the black carbon chip is in there....this depends on fob....have you got a spare key to try on it....??

When you switch off ignition with key and leave the key in ignition open door and you cannot here the "key in ignition" alarm then the bsi doesnt reconise the key....then you may have to reprogram the key or maybe even get a new key/keychip.
    Ron.

• Advertisement

Row wrote: »
    Maybe take apart the remote key fob and see if the black carbon chip is in there....this depends on fob....have you got a spare key to try on it....??

When you switch off ignition with key and leave the key in ignition open door and you cannot here the "key in ignition" alarm then the bsi doesnt reconise the key....then you may have to reprogram the key or maybe even get a new key/keychip.
    Ron.

Well tried it with 3 different keys and nothing

Well tried it with 3 different keys and nothing

When you have key in ignition, ignition off door open can the "key in ignition"
    alarm be heard...?? if the alarm can be heard then it may not be a immobilser fault.
    The Best bet is a diagnostic plug in...:)

Row wrote: »
    The Best bet is a diagnostic plug in...:)

No alarm is heard,yeah ill have to bring it to a dealer,unfortunately there not opened till the 4th:( They were open yesterday but it was just too dangerous to tow it!

No alarm is heard,yeah ill have to bring it to a dealer,unfortunately there not opened till the 4th:( They were open yesterday but it was just too dangerous to tow it!

A good indepentent garage with up to date diagnostic equip should be able to reprogram your keys.....?? .....or someone with planet...:)
    Ron.

Advertisement