Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving Mayo from Dublin

• 22-12-2009 1:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and happy xmas to ye!

If driving to Westport from Dublin is there much difference in using the new road to Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

well not really, your best bet is to still take the exit at athlone or head for longford (depending on your usual route). the new road to galway wudnt be much use to you i would reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Do ya reckon? I was just trying to work it out there. Id say time wise there wouldn't be much of a difference but the road would be a lot better.
    Might stick to the old route so. Cheers.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Been taking the Athlone - Roscommon route now for the last 2 trips and its a quicker route in my opinion. Sales guys here would also say the same thing as you can make up more time on the motorway.
    But you won't be using the new road, you will be heading for Ballyhaunis/Claremorris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭StephenM_smc

I make the journey from Dublin to Ballina and back weekly. I normally take the N61 from Athlone to Tulsk, and follow the N5 (Which goes to Westport) from there. Its a quieter drive and I find it more enjoyable than the Longford-Mullingar alternative.

Going the whole way into Galway will probably lengthen the journey though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Cheers. going to stick with the usual route so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

driving to westport new years eve, just wondering how bad are the roads in terms of ice in mayo, particularly the N5 obviously, has it been gritted the last few days or is it bad with ice??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

N5 in Mayo OK. Have to be careful on any road if temp drops below freezing after a thaw or rain. take it easy,safe journey. Mayo Co Co salting main routes including the N5.

Advertisement