Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Vans parking in Housing Estates

Options
  • 22-12-2009 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi I have a problem with a neighbour who parks a large Eircom Van in front of my house 24/7 its only ever gone for a few hours a day and apart from that its there all the time. This van compleatly blocks my view and is unsightly as well as a nuisance when kids are playing near it and when reversing out of my driveway.All I can see when I look out my front windows is a huge Eircom logo and I dont like it. I tried parking my own car outside my house to stop this van being parked there and would you believe this guy and his wife came in and told me that it was his space and he has been parking there for 15 years and that anyway I was only renting (obviously mad). They even move my bins on bin day so they can park there. Is there a bylaw on parking commercial Vehicles in residential areas. I am not sure which planet these bullies live on. Should I report it to Eircom and would they care?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Markroan wrote: »
    Hi I have a problem with a neighbour who parks a large Eircom Van in front of my house 24/7 its only ever gone for a few hours a day and apart from that its there all the time. This van compleatly blocks my view and is unsightly as well as a nuisance when kids are playing near it and when reversing out of my driveway.All I can see when I look out my front windows is a huge Eircom logo and I dont like it. I tried parking my own car outside my house to stop this van being parked there and would you believe this guy and his wife came in and told me that it was his space and he has been parking there for 15 years and that anyway I was only renting (obviously mad). They even move my bins on bin day so they can park there. Is there a bylaw on parking commercial Vehicles in residential areas. I am not sure which planet these bullies live on. Should I report it to Eircom and would they care?

I was under the impression that there is such a law but it may only be applicable to larger trucks etc.

Contacting Eircom may be the best option, politely asking what is company policy in such a situation etc.

Motor forum may provide more info than here

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If it's outside the house on a public street then either you or anyone else can park there. Bylaws may differ in your area in regard to commercial vehicles in residential areas, contact your local council to see.

If it is parked dangerously, then it can be towed. For example if it was blocking your driveway or an intersection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

confirms what i always thought about eircom employees as well, they only work a few hours a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

confirms what i always thought about eircom employees as well, they only work a few hours a day.

Is that not a bit presumptious and general given that what's been written is only hearsay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Markroan wrote: »
    I tried parking my own car outside my house to stop this van being parked there and would you believe this guy and his wife came in and told me that it was his space and he has been parking there for 15 years and that anyway I was only renting (obviously mad).

Your solution is outlined above, once you manage to ignore their rants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

how is it his parking spot outside youre house??????
    renting or not i no what i would be telling him

Advertisement