Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 League - Season 2

Options
  • 22-12-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Hi guys...

Time for a NEW SEASON - I think the same format will be okay if we can get another 10players approx.

I assume some of the players from the last round will not continue. But overall it went well and hopefully this one can improve even more...

Regarding TEAM SELECTION im not totally sure, perhaps some of you have some suggestions. We went with selected 4.5 star teams l.t.o. but there was a gulf in class between the likes of Porto and Bayern Munich / Arsenal etc

The standard was very good in the last league with Flawed, Tribal and StephenD the ones to follow...

Anyways time for the recruiting process. Please note - if your not serious about playing regularly or cant take a beating every once and a while - THEN PLEASE DON'T apply.

League Members:

League 1
    thewools: PSN - thewools
    sd08: PSN - StephenD08
    newballsplease: Deaglan
    GerCPM (Banned :-) ) : PSN - FlawedGenius
    gilberto eire: PSN - ?
    R H C P: PSN - Daveitoc
    pool pan: PSN - paddyjoedplumber
    SAULGOODE9: PSN - saulgoode9
    eioneill: PSN - reddevildub
    4real: PSN - daniyalahmed

League 2

Slash/Ed: PSN - jammerqui
    ikol: PSN - lokiguinan
    lawlor.08: PSN - lawlor08
    Redzer7: PSN - Redzer7
    RealistSpy: PSN - EliteRealist

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I'll be one of the guys that wont be continuing. There was definately a huge divide in class but it was fun while it lasted. Good luck to the lads from the last league and hope it continues well into the future.

W

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Good idea to start a new thread, hopefully we can get a few new people to join and expand on the first league. I'll definitely be playing in this one, need to defend my title.:D

I'd say the best thing to do would be what some of us suggested in the other thread, a random draw of 10 or so even 4.5 star teams, I made out a list somewhere in the thread so I could reproduce that here if anyone wants to go with that or we could think of other ideas, try to get everyone playing involved in the running so that it goes as well or even better than the first.
    Also I think we should set about some rules before we start cos parts of the other league got a bit confusing, particularly the end when me and Ger finished level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

im in i suppose... i wouldnt mind international random draw..i think theres enough good 5 and 4.5 star teams in that..obviously 2 or 3 will get landed with the like of croatia...but sure ye cant win em all. no duplicate teams either like 2 arsenals in the last league.

try and get regualar posters in the league, instead of someone with only 5 or 6 posts and bailing out half way through it.
    brazil
    argentina
    germany
    spain
    france
    england
    italy
    holland
    ............(croatia)
    ............(new zealand?:eek:)

its up 2 ye though.....

im in i suppose... i wouldnt mind international random draw..i think theres enough good 5 and 4.5 star teams in that..obviously 2 or 3 will get landed with the like of croatia...but sure ye cant win em all. no duplicate teams either like 2 arsenals in the last league.

try and get regualar posters in the league, instead of someone with only 5 or 6 posts and bailing out half way through it.
    brazil
    argentina
    germany
    spain
    france
    england
    italy
    holland
    ............(croatia)
    ............(new zealand?:eek:)

its up 2 ye though.....
    That could add a nice twist to the league all right, I wouldn't mind it myself. Maybe add Russia and possibly the likes of Turkey/Ukraine/ or any other 4.5 star teams?
    By the way Ger said he'll definitely be playing in the league too so you can add him in too, he really wants to get revenge and win it this time.:pac:

Might as well copy my post from the last thread here so everyone can see it:
    I have come up with a solution to this problem of fairness and the like, to make sure this draw is fair, it may seem confusing though so I'll try to explain it carefully.
    • Player A(for example Gilberto) will ask everybody to individually PM their choice of number from 1-10 to him.
    • Player B(for example me) will independently compile a list from 1-10 of each of the teams we will be using.
    • When Giberto has gotten everybody's choice of number I will then PM him the list of teams with their corresponding numbers I have come up with.
    • He can then post the list up for everybody to see their teams.
    • Gilberto can pick whatever number he likes whenever, as he won't know what teams are at what number.
    • When the other 9 numbers are picked I will be left with the remaining number, since I don't know what this will be I won't be able to rig the teams to suit myself.
    This seems to be the simplest way to do this draw, and it should come out fair, we can even do a dummy draw beforehand to make sure it's fair, i.e Gilberto just gives everyone numbers and I pick the teams and we see what we end up like, if this works out then we should be fine for the actual draw.pacman.gifpacman.gif

To add to the above post I've gotten 15 good, even 4.5* teams.
    What I propose is that all 15 are put into a list and the 10 people pick then each pick a number between 1 and 15.

Advantages
    • There's a fair list of the different teams available.
    • People won't have to think of teams when loads have been picked already.
    • Late-comers won't be left out with crap teams.
    • Some teams will be left over so we don't have all the same teams in every league, adds some variety.
    The List
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Man City
    Spurs
    Bordeaux
    Lyon
    Bayern Munich
    Wolfsburg
    A.C Milan
    Juventus
    Roma
    Atlético Madrid
    Sevilla
    Valencia
    Villareal
    Obviously if we're using International teams we can replace them on the list but the basic idea will be the same.

i think i got all that, but does that mean that some people can pick the same team??

edit- if were doing International yea Russia Croatia Turkey are fairly decent imo.

• Advertisement

i think i got all that, but does that mean that some people can pick the same team??

edit- if were doing International yea Russia Croatia Turkey are fairly decent imo.
    Well if people are picking numbers if their number is already taken they can just pick another. Sure it won't make much difference because the number taker won't know which teams are for what number.

sd08 wrote: »
    Good idea to start a new thread, hopefully we can get a few new people to join and expand on the first league. I'll definitely be playing in this one, need to defend my title.:D

I'd say the best thing to do would be what some of us suggested in the other thread, a random draw of 10 or so even 4.5 star teams, I made out a list somewhere in the thread so I could reproduce that here if anyone wants to go with that or we could think of other ideas, try to get everyone playing involved in the running so that it goes as well or even better than the first.
    Also I think we should set about some rules before we start cos parts of the other league got a bit confusing, particularly the end when me and Ger finished level.

Not really, the system doesn't take into account GD so a play-off game is the way it's decided.
    Maybe a two game play-off though would be better

I can play on or the time been, i found an unboxed copy of 10 in the sitting room(looking for GOW2 :D) that's been there for weeks, belongs to my cousin and i don't think he plays it anymore, my uncle always has their PS3 here anyway, so i don't think there'll be any mention of it again.

You can organise it if ya want, i wouldnt stop ya ;)

Anyone else not up for 4.5 again?..... the only one i used reg' online was Arsenal i don't like using any of the rest tbh. Take the 5 best international teams and club teams and that way everyones got a decent team, there's less of a jump between the 5 star teams.

I won't be using my Tribal_Army account on this one

I'll post the username when i make it

Also Flawed mentioned Skype as most would know who checked their PSN mail. Personally and for 99% of my people i know there all on MSN, i'd set up a Skype but if most have MSN and use it reg' anyway(like myself) it would make more sense to use that, don't see the point in setting up Skype JUST to connect with people here when i'm already on MSN when i'm on my P.C.

So how many are already on Skype?... How many already use MSN?.... himself and SD are connected on Skype and he asked me to pass it on.

Well if people are picking numbers if their number is already taken they can just pick another. Sure it won't make much difference because the number taker won't know which teams are for what number.

i suppose 'number' would be the main theme of this conversation!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

count me in

psn- Daveitoc

Not great tbh but looking forward to it haha

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lawlor.08

i am in no leagues in fifa and i am looking to join a league, psn= lawlor08

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

ill be back in it again, hoping to do bit better this time round,didnt like villareal last time.

i dont mind if its clubs or countrys or mixed between both. How soon will it be starting? Hopefully this one runs a bit quicker. The last one dragged on towards the end.

paddyjoedplumber

I sort of agree with Tribal here, there's not enough graet international teams for us to have an even ten teams, plus the likes of Brazil, Spain, Argentina would have a good speed advantage over the likes of Italy and Germany, and any other potential weaker teams. I didn't mind the clubs thing of the league as long as everybody is happy with who they get, but I don't mind personally either way, just think that club teams would be fairer than countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

lawlor.08 wrote: »
    i am in no leagues in fifa and i am looking to join a league, psn= lawlor08

Lawlor - welcome to boards.

Im reluctant to add you to this league, as a rule of thumb we don't normally add new users to leagues like this. As the majority of new boards users play a game; Lose and do a runner - thereby ruining the league for everyone!

I checked you out - you have played 35 games (win, 18 - draw, 1- loss, 12) of fifa online as it stands and havnt played online since the 15th Dec.

If we have enough numbers I suggest that we get a second league going and your performance in that league can be assessed. I want two leagues (Premierleague / Championship) to get up and running like the XBOX with relegation and promotion between the two leagues. So if we can get 16-20 committed players it would be great!

I forgot Portugal in the International!! so with holland(who are decent side) thats only two 4.5 star teams!!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

add me as well please

PSN-daniyalahmed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'm in
    PSN- saulgoode9
    I started off pretty bad when the game came out, but since early November I've been winning 80% of my ranked games online.
    I'd appreciate it if someone running this league added me as soon as possible cause there was talk of COD leagues being started but it never got up and running. I don't want a repeat of this.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

I'd be up for this league if it goes ahead lads. Do be on PSN every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday!!

My psn is reddevildub

If you decide to go with club teams I would add Hamburger SV to the list. Quality side in Fifa in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I'd be up for this if you do the second division thing, only got a PS3 recently and haven't played a FIFA before this since RTWC'98, so I'd probably take alot of hammerings against all you pro's in the premier league, but I'll make up the numbers if needs be, would be good for improvement I guess. SN name is jammerqui

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lawlor.08

Ye i just want to get into a league instead of just ranked matches. even if a start in a second league type thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

i'd like oty join this league if theres still places available.

psn lokiguinan

• Advertisement

lawlor.08 wrote: »
    Ye i just want to get into a league instead of just ranked matches. even if a start in a second league type thing.

OKAY .... ill add you to the 2nd league okay...

Places are beginning to fill up :D

ikol wrote: »
    i'd like oty join this league if theres still places available.

psn lokiguinan

ADDED

I am updating the list the end of the first post....

SAULGOODE9, eioneil and 4real - please state if you would rather be in League 1 or 2.

I noticed that all 3 of you havnt played to the extent of some of the others...

League Members:

League 1
    thewools: PSN - thewools
    sd08: PSN - StephenD08
    newballsplease: Deaglan
    GerCPM (Banned :-) ) : PSN - FlawedGenius
    gilberto eire: PSN - ?
    R H C P: PSN - Daveitoc
    pool pan: PSN - paddyjoedplumber
    SAULGOODE9: PSN - saulgoode9
    eioneill: PSN - reddevildub
    4real: PSN - daniyalahmed

League 2

Slash/Ed: PSN - jammerqui
    ikol: PSN - lokiguinan
    lawlor.08: PSN - lawlor08

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'll try League 1 if its ok:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Count me in PSN:Redzer7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Count me in:
    Realistspy PSN: EliteRealist

only 5 more spots left??? Div 1 full

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭G_H

ill join

psn gazdegreat

IAN-DOC.....

What about all the other lads from the last one?..... were they asked?.

Best to try fill it with players who have shown they'll complete

Good to see so much interest in the league and seems we might be able to get a second division up and running too, hopefully the newcomers will be as reliable as all the other guys were. Thewools seems to be doing a good job in organising it so far. I think we should take our time in doing it too and not rush into starting it, just to see how frequently any of the new people are posting in here and to get all the rules and stuff sorted. Have we got any confirmation on what teams we're using yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Have we got any confirmation on what teams we're using yet?
    Can we not pick the championship and the Premier league and have a relegation/promotion? I wouldn't mind picking a championship side :D.

Advertisement