Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 League - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Good stuff... Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I would also suggest that you add everyone in your league as friends on PSN.. It makes things ten times easier :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Sorry for my lack of activity on here, busy christmas and all that, I'll get that list done sometime tomorrow and send it to thewools.
    Just to be clear, is it clubs or international teams?

To any of the new lads asking about when this is starting, that is partly the point, we're not rushing into this to make sure that noone quits after one game or worse doesn't even play one. Already I've noticed a few of the new people haven't been checking up here or asking questions. We need to get comitted people who will play games and post regularly in here, rather get the non-comitted players weeded out before we start than in the middle of the league, so sorry if it has put anyone off, but do stay around and when we start the league will run smoothly.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 42,086 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Can I participate in this league?

psn: jeb4eva

sd08 wrote: »
    Sorry for my lack of activity on here, busy christmas and all that, I'll get that list done sometime tomorrow and send it to thewools.
    Just to be clear, is it clubs or international teams?

Same as myself - crazy. Between eating, drinking and sleeping its very time comsuming :D

Regarding teams - im not picky. I would prefer clubs again however... 4.5 star teams again??

• Advertisement

jebforever wrote: »
    Can I participate in this league?

psn: jeb4eva

sorry jeb - leagues are closed for now. Keep an eye out for next one however if you are interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

so whats teh story with promotion and relegation is it 2 up 2 down.
    how many mins do you play a half?
    probably just as well it hasnt started yet with all the drinking thats been done.
    although i expect to be playing in league 3 for the next season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Can't wait for this to start ;) everyone in league 2 add me ;) PSN:Redzer7 :), will prob lose alot of my games but it's only a bit of crack :), hope this stays running, can we play any matches today if the teams come out?

RULES:

3 Up - 3 Down - will make things more interesting

If are there are 2 or more level on points - i would propose that playoffs would be the fairest option. The same will apply for winning the league. Goal difference will not apply - a final playoff game will decide the winner

When the league is set up - each game will be standard 6 min a half.

Everyone must pick the designated team when entering the league.

NO QUITTING or disconnecting games on purpose. If there is a disconnection and both players can agree to replay then fair enough. It occured last season a few times, eg if one player was 1-0 with ten minutes to go, i would suggest playing 10mins in an unranked game and deciding final score after the 10min mark.

However if no agreement is made or any obvious disconnection occurs - then the 3-0 win will apply.

Play to the bitter end - if you lose a few games - DONT quit, it will improve your game drastically. If any of you do quit, then dont bother coming back for any further seasons

Deadlines will be set for playing a set number of games - please do your best to play your games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

we did 4.5 clubs already like??????? why not international ???

• Advertisement

we did 4.5 clubs already like??????? why not international ???

up to sd08... i dont mind either way??

Like I don't mind either, I just want to make sure everyone agrees on teams and all, personally I just think there are more evenly matched 4.5 star club teams than countries though, plus the odds of getting the same team again this time is slim so it will still be different. Maybe we could test out internationals in League 2 and see how they get on there? If it goes well we can move it into both leagues for next time.
    I will do the list(s) now then and pm to thewools.:)

wtf lads...... we did 4.5 clubs already ..... why not mix it up? watever ye reckon, but id like international for a change... lets get crackn on whichever tho.

I'll have a look at what international teams can be used and if they seem fair enough sure we'll give it a go, I'm just concerned the likes of Brazil and Spain will destroy one or two of the lesser teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

sd08 wrote: »
    I'll have a look at what international teams can be used and if they seem fair enough sure we'll give it a go, I'm just concerned the likes of Brazil and Spain will destroy one or two of the lesser teams!

Sure just give the spains and brazils to the poorer players such as myself ;), i wont be destroying anyone, I can promise that much.

i posted 10international teams a while back. theres not much of a difference between 4. 5 and 5 teams anyway imo.

I've made up lists for clubs, countries and a mix of both, I'll post all three up here before I pm the numbers to thewools, so everyone can see all the teams being used, whichever we choose.

Club Team
    Aston Villa
    Atletico Madrid
    Bordeaux
    Everton
    Fiorentina
    Juventus
    Lyon
    Sevilla
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Valencia

I left off some of the teams that did better in the first league and added a few teams that noone used, I think this list is pretty fair as far as ratings go, but if anyone has any problems just ask.

International Teams
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Croatia (or Russia maybe?-this is the only dodgy one)
    England
    France
    Germany
    Italy
    Netherlands
    Portugal
    Spain

Mixed Teams
    Argentina
    Brazil
    England
    France
    Spain
    Barcelona
    Chelsea
    Inter
    Manchester United
    Real Madrid

i say international. but thats just me. what do the new people think?? or have they gone already!?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

Would probably prefer international myself but Im not picky, think the guys running this should just decide themselves what to go for, this democracy system of planning will slow us down quite a bit I reckon, on issues like these anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

international would be good alright but seems like a unfair advantage with brazil or spain unless i got them of course:D.

but i'm happy either way

ikol wrote: »
    international would be good alright but seems like a unfair advantage with brazil or spain unless i got them of course:D.

but i'm happy either way

id choose argentina over brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I would rather international, but how do we get our teams? Are they just drawn out of a hat or what?

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    Are they just drawn out of a hat or what?
    I pm'd thewools earlier with the numbered list, he'll match them up with the numbers he gave to everyone then post up a list with everyones name and corresponding team.:cool:
    I'm guessing a lot of people want to try internationals, so we can just go with that then.

FULL TEAMS LIST.

sd08 / gilberto could you set up league 1 and 2? I will be away for most of today again.

LEAGUE 1

Croatia (or Russia) 1 - 4real
    France 2 - thewools
    Italy 3 - Ian-DOC
    Brazil 4 - SAULGOODE9
    Spain 5 - Gilberto
    Argentina 6 - newballsplease
    England 7 - GerCPM
    Germany 8 - sd08
    Netherlands 9 - pool fan

LEAGUE 2

Croatia (or Russia) 1 - RealistSpy
    France 2 - lawlor.08
    Italy 3 - Redzer
    Brazil 4 - Slash/Ed
    Spain 5 - G H
    Argentina 6 - eioneill
    England 7 - ikol
    Germany 8 - TokenWhite
    Netherlands 9 - osu

I think there should be 2 seperate threads for both leagues too? What does everyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Italy will be tough, yeah I think it's better if we have two seperate threads for each league :) when can we get the games underway?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

so i can either croatia or russia?
    its a tough choice b/w them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Good work lads, I dunno much about how this all works, do we just play the fixtures ourselves and keep track of results or do I have to join a league in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Good work lads, I dunno much about how this all works, do we just play the fixtures ourselves and keep track of results or do I have to join a league in the game?

we have to join a league called boards (sumthing) and we play each other there!

• Advertisement

I am creating the League 1 now...

League Name: Boards League1
    Abbreviation: BL1
    Description: Boards League1 Season 2
    Max Users: 9
    Half Length: 6mins

PPL in this league can search for this league and join. I also included a passworrd for the 9 players.

PASSWORD: boards

Advertisement