Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 League - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Can't wait for this lads. Roll on league 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Someone within league 2 will have to create League 2 - as it automatically enters the creator of the league into that league.

So anyone wishes to help out and set up League 2 that would be great.

Also for all in League 1 could they join asap. If you have any difficulties get back to me. I never set up a league before.

I went searchin for my league there and couldnt find it?? :confused: dunno why? Maybe cos i am already a member

thewools wrote: »
    Someone within league 2 will have to create League 2 - as it automatically enters the creator of the league into that league.

So anyone wishes to help out and set up League 2 that would be great.

Also for all in League 1 could they join asap. If you have any difficulties get back to me. I never set up a league before.

I went searchin for my league there and couldnt find it?? :confused: dunno why? Maybe cos i am already a member

I'll do it mate... Give me 2 mins.

Osu wrote: »
    I'll do it mate... Give me 2 mins.

K enter all the details and post them here for ppl to search. Hopefully i didnt fook my up. If i did ill set up another laster on when im home again :)

League 2

League Name: Boards League2
    Abbreviation: BL2
    Description: League 2
    Max Users: 9
    Half Length: 6mins

PASSWORD: boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

4real wrote: »
    so i can either croatia or russia?
    its a tough choice b/w them...

id go for russia if i were you. arshavin and pavlechenko!

good to see this is gonna get going! i got the argentina...happy enough!

are paddypower giving odds?!!

New thread for League 2 started to keep all league 1 discussion in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

rite i hav joined with russia im online now if anyone wants to get started!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

Interesting teams there for everyone. I actually didn't realise there were only 9 people:o so maybe whoever got the Croatia/Russia option can use Portugal instead as they were number 10 on my list?
    I hope everyone is happy with all the teams though.
    We could have separate threads just for the results and fixtures and updated league tables and keep the discussions for this thread, that way it will be easier for everybody to see the results so far.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

tried joining league 2 there but says i'm not a member

• Advertisement

sd08 wrote: »
    Interesting teams there for everyone. I actually didn't realise there were only 9 people:o so maybe whoever got the Croatia/Russia option can use Portugal instead as they were number 10 on my list?
    I hope everyone is happy with all the teams though.
    We could have separate threads just for the results and fixtures and updated league tables and keep the discussions for this thread, that way it will be easier for everybody to see the results so far.:pac:

so i could have picked portugal?
    well i already picked russia now
    shud hav said on that list!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

just going to go sign up now.How soon do we start playing? Do we follow a fixture list or just play when you get a chance?

Hopefully netherlands are good,never played with them yet.

paddyjoedplumber

so i could have picked portugal?
    well i already picked russia now
    shud hav said on that list!!!
    If you really wanted to change you could just leave the league and rejoin and pick Portugal instead, sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

i'm online to play now if anyones up for it

If you really wanted to change you could just leave the league and rejoin and pick Portugal instead, sorry about that.

it says that if u leave u cant rejoin until a league GM invites u in the league again!

it says that if u leave u cant rejoin until a league GM invites u in the league again!
    Well I suppose if you wanted to you could leave and get thewools to invite you back, but to me Portugal are no better than Russia , so it'd be up to you.

Don't really care what the lads in L2 do...... but i propose we do fixtures for our own league, 4 or 5 a week, at least that way at the end of the week nobody will be ahead.

It ruined the last one knowing if i lost one more game i was out of it, also just having general organisation can help. You know who you have to play and you can have your free time to play other games in between as long as ya play them

Don't really care what the lads in L2 do...... but i propose we do fixtures for our own league, 4 or 5 a week, at least that way at the end of the week nobody will be ahead.

It ruined the last one knowing if i lost one more game i was out of it, also just having general organisation can help. You know who you have to play and you can have your free time to play other games in between as long as ya play them
    Sounds like a good idea, if it worked, that seems to ruin leagues a bit, because like you said people go too far ahead of others and the table ends up looking messed up, and some finish all their games before others, like thewools did last time before the rest of us, although the people who weren't on as much last time seem to have left so we should get it done more evenly this time.:cool:

i agree fixtures would be way to go or at least give it a try and see how it goes?

pool fan wrote: »
    i agree fixtures would be way to go or at least give it a try and see how it goes?

They don't even have to go as far as days and times, just do a good few and set a time line to be finished by.
    Keeps everyone moving together.
    You know who you have to play and when to play them by, instead of last time where it took around a month to play the games.

I just don't see how having no structure is better, also can't give out to someone for being inactive when they're not given a structure to follow.
    The second league will fall apart IMO, and that will play a big part in it, cause a few of them are going to rush through their games

• Advertisement

They don't even have to go as far as days and times, just do a good few and set a time line to be finished by.
    You know who you have to play and when to play them by, instead of last time where it took around a month to play the games.

I just don't see how having no structure is better, also can't give out to someone for being inactive when they're not given a structure to follow.
    The second league will fall apart IMO, and that will play a big part in it, cause a few of them are going to rush through their games

I was going to wait until i got things set up until I clarified that we should not rush ahead.

I think if we could all play 4-5 games each by Friday 8th Jan we would be doing well and on course to completing a successful league campaign.

Would anyone agree with this?

i think i hav a problem here i was trying to play a ranked game against soulgoode9 and we cudnt connect. there is something wrong wid my broadband coz i cant connect to my friends either im on nat 2.

some people suggest to forward the ports on the router but i dont know how to do this!
    it only happens in fifa all other games work absolutely fine

i think i hav a problem here i was trying to play a ranked game against soulgoode9 and we cudnt connect. there is something wrong wid my broadband coz i cant connect to my friends either im on nat 2.

some people suggest to forward the ports on the router but i dont know how to do this!
    it only happens in fifa all other games work absolutely fine
    Are you with eircom? If you are you should look at this video, might help you get the problem fixed.

u used to that problem with fifa 09 - then went to NAT 1... fixed it straight away :D give it a go

thewools wrote: »
    I was going to wait until i got things set up until I clarified that we should not rush ahead.

I think if we could all play 4-5 games each by Friday 11th Jan we would be doing well and on course to completing a successful league campaign.

Would anyone agree with this?
    That sounds like a decent idea, I would say get 5 games done by then(that friday is actually the 8th:o), 5 more by the 15th and then the last 6 done by the weekend of the 22nd, with any play-offs finished the following day.

That sounds like a decent idea, I would say get 5 games done by then(that friday is actually the 8th:o), 5 more by the 15th and then the last 6 done by the weekend of the 22nd, with any play-offs finished the following day.

Ye that was a typo :rolleyes: - its a week and a half away...

im with UPC even then i tried this and it doesnt work!!!
    but im not on nat 3 im on nat 2 dont know y it cant connect??

Tbh I think the second league is only there to test any new people who might join the main league for the next season and see how reliable they are, obviously the more games they finish and all the better but if they don't finish by the time the main league does then we don't need to worry, just omit the non-runners from the next league and keep the reliable ones.

i played my first game in league.

was nil all after twenty minutes and my connection went by flawed genius agreed to play from 20 minutes in an unranked game.He went on to win 1 nil.He deserved the win but i could of got a draw late on.

• Advertisement

im with UPC even then i tried this and it doesnt work!!!
    but im not on nat 3 im on nat 2 dont know y it cant connect??

Did you only try the once?..... there's nothing you can do about it, can't open ports, or do any of the fixes that work for other ISP's.

If it doesn't connect after 20secs, just cancel and tell the other person to keep trying, usually takes me 4/5 goes to connect with ppl. I hope you didn't just try it the once and gave up, you'll rarely connect first time, takes me loads of goes to connect in a ranked game

Advertisement