Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 League - Season 2

Options

Comments

Ya i got it earlier, just added everyone to the account there.
    Just going to use my American PSN account- AmericanJoe1986(not my real name btw, picked a popular American name for that account, saves the hassle of making a new one.

thewools why don't you set up an account on that site i was using? league republic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

thewools why don't you set up an account on that site i was using? league republic

cheers, i asked you about it before but you never got back to me...

ill look into setting one up now.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I really still don't know how this works :S

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

As it stands 3 people have played their 5 games for this week already(though Ian-Doc has played 7) and 3 others have played 4 with one 3, one 2 and one 0. As a result of this I think the following fixtures should be played before any others so that we can balance out everybody's match count.
    Remaining Fixtures this week
    AmericanJoe-PaddyJoe
    AmericanJoe-SaulGoode9
    AmericanJoe-Daniyalahmed
    AmericanJoe-Deaglan
    AmericanJoe-StephenD08
    StephenD08-Deaglan
    After these games are played it will leave Ian on 7, me on 4 and everyone else on 5, and then maybe the we could all play one more match for the week to bring most people up to 6.

Ok i have one game played against Deaglan...

I have to say i was VERY lucky to win 4-0, i literally hadn't played since StephenD in my last game in the other league, which was such a stupid thing to do, i should have at least played the computer first, it felt so weird for the 1st 20mins, i was all over the shop and should have went 1 down, felt like i had switched to another football game and first game back(anyone has switched between PES/FIFA and went back to the one they played first will understand, just i never played any other footie games :confused:)

If my luck didnt hold out for those first 20mins i could have been the one on the end of a 4-0.

So that's one game on a fresh account and lots of luck, theory is holding up so far(not playing with my high ranking accounts where i felt i got more bad luck games the higher i got)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ok i have one game played against Deaglan...

I have to say i was VERY lucky to win 4-0, i literally hadn't played since StephenD in my last game in the other league, which was such a stupid thing to do, i should have at least played the computer first, it felt so weird for the 1st 20mins, i was all over the shop and should have went 1 down, felt like i had switched to another football game and first game back(anyone has switched between PES/FIFA and went back to the one they played first will understand, just i never played any other footie games :confused:)

If my luck didnt hold out for those first 20mins i could have been the one on the end of a 4-0.

So that's one game on a fresh account and lots of luck, theory is holding up so far(not playing with my high ranking accounts where i felt i got more bad luck games the higher i got)

i think maybe going into halftime a draw would have been fair, and maybe you would have come out winning by 1 or 2 in the end. But i couldnt finish anything, and in the end, just got outplayed.
    I noticed it took you a while to get into it allright tho!

i think maybe going into halftime a draw would have been fair, and maybe you would have come out winning by 1 or 2 in the end. But i couldnt finish anything, and in the end, just got outplayed.
    I noticed it took you a while to get into it allright tho!

I wasn't expecting it though, i had noticed that happen when switching titles and going back to the other one after a long break, i was expecting to slot back into it, the other didnt end THAT long ago did it?!:confused:

But it ended up feeling like i never played it before, started to feel a bit more normal around the 20mins mark, but took a friendly after to get used to it proper.

Ya you had some luckless misses at 0-0, one was even an open goal, but i see your account is fairly high ranked, i have a feeling thats connected, i even went on a 20 win run with my new account and as i got closer to and passed 4k i noticed WAY too many of those luckless matches, which is the same point they started on my first profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I wasn't expecting it though, i had noticed that happen when switching titles and going back to the other one after a long break, i was expecting to slot back into it, the other didnt end THAT long ago did it?!:confused:

But it ended up feeling like i never played it before, started to feel a bit more normal around the 20mins mark, but took a friendly after to get used to it proper.

Ya you had some luckless misses at 0-0, one was even an open goal, but i see your account is fairly high ranked, i have a feeling thats connected, i even went on a 20 win run with my new account and as i got closer to and passed 4k i noticed WAY too many of those luckless matches, which is the same point they started on my first profile.

the reason you went on a 20 win run with your new account is because your used to the game, and your playing against mostly people who are starting off with the game. tbh i dont see that luckless thing or momentum thing that you believe there is, but everyone has there opinion. I just think the more levels you go up, the better players you play against the higher the odds that all the games might not go your way.

the reason you went on a 20 win run with your new account is because your used to the game, and your playing against mostly people who are starting off with the game. tbh i dont see that luckless thing or momentum thing that you believe there is, but everyone has there opinion. I just think the more levels you go up, the better players you play against the higher the odds that all the games might not go your way.

Ya i know that, but that's when your playing quicked ranked, i play in the lobbies and generally play the same standard.
    I moved up so fast because i was playing good players and getting 80ish points a game.
    Players constantly kicking the ball away, missing open goals, defenders all over the shop/tacking like piss and all that comes with it doesn't matter who your playing.
    Anyway don't want to drag the thread off topic but i've personally noticed a massive increase the higher i went

I can sort of see where Gilberto is going with some of that, because you can notice some ridiculous stuff going on sometimes but I reckon it's just sort of putting pieces together that are there but don't go with each other. By that reckoning I won the league because I have the least ranked games played out of everybody and I had my share of bad luck too.
    For you two I don't really be on much so I only come on to play these league matches now, so what times are you usually on to play?

• Advertisement

It seems that people's game counts are starting to look uneven now, and it doesn't look likely that everyone will be balanced out for this week. This might not be a problem for now, but it will be later on in the league when some people are finished their games and others still have a good few to play, the league will start to drag out. As it stands one person has played 7, four have played 5, two have played 4 and one each have played 2 and 1. The 5s and 4s might look fine now but for the 2 and 1 to catch up it will mean having to play the people already nearly finished which will still leave the table un balanced.
    So, what I suuggest we do is bump the games up to 6 games for this week, BUT for the people on 5 games ONLY play those with 4 or less games and if people ask to play games CHECK the table before you reply to see what will happen after the match.
    Obviously I can't set out specific fixtures but we can at least try to play the right games to leave us all on the same number of games.

Has there been anygames played over the past couple days (gilberto???) - i havnt checked! :rolleyes:

Don't think there has been, nobody has been on when I've been on so I couldn't get any more played yet, so if anyone I haven't played can post here to say when they'll be on I'll try to get on then too to play.

thewools wrote: »
    Has there been anygames played over the past couple days (gilberto???) - i havnt checked! :rolleyes:

There's been nobody on, i was online a few times yesterday, that RedDvilDub aint even accept my request yet.
    I came on the last day when you and SD played and neither off ye messaged me for a game so after 20mins i left again. The only person i see online enough to play is Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

There's been nobody on, i was online a few times yesterday, that RedDvilDub aint even accept my request yet.
    I came on the last day when you and SD played and neither off ye messaged me for a game so after 20mins i left again. The only person i see online enough to play is Ian

ill be around tonight if you want to play our game,that will be my fifth too so ill be keepin with the schedule.just leave a time here and ill be on for our game

pool fan wrote: »
    ill be around tonight if you want to play our game,that will be my fifth too so ill be keepin with the schedule.just leave a time here and ill be on for our game

Say around 8?... really doesn't matter to me, i'm in for the night i'd say, just don't want to be leaving the PS3 on all the time for the off chance of a message, but i'll available whenever

who is RedDvilDub? not in out league is he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

Say around 8?... really doesn't matter to me, i'm in for the night i'd say, just don't want to be leaving the PS3 on all the time for the off chance of a message, but i'll available whenever

Ok 8 is grand.play u then

I messaged you after I played thewools and when I came back 5 minutes later you were on your Tribal account playing the MAG beta.

sd08 wrote: »
    I messaged you after I played thewools and when I came back 5 minutes later you were on your Tribal account playing the MAG beta.

Looked to me like you left the computer after you played thewools, i was waiting from the first half of ye'r game, and i waited a good few mins after checking your status a few times (which never said you went into another game) so then i just said **** it im going playing MAG.

Didnt mean it in a conflicting way, just don't want people having a go at me about my games when i've been available a few times.

Was half way through a game with paddy and my connection went.
    I think its cause of the weather cause the black box didnt lose any lights to show the connection had dropped, but it gave me the 1-0 win which was the score at the time, not sure why it gave that:confused:

But when i messaged him back he said he was playing SD and would i wait, ill play him tomorrow no way i was waiting 20mins when we were just playing a minute or two before that.
    Should have really finished with me first, connection only down for around a min so not like i left for a while.

• Advertisement

who is RedDvilDub? not in out league is he??

eioneill or whatever his name is, he's listed on the first page on this thread :confused:

Looked to me like you left the computer after you played thewools, i was waiting from the first half of ye'r game, and i waited a good few mins after checking your status a few times (which never said you went into another game) so then i just said **** it im going playing MAG.

Didnt mean it in a conflicting way, just don't want people having a go at me about my games when i've been available a few times.

I think its cause of the weather cause the black box didnt lose any lights to show the connection had dropped, but it gave me the 1-0 win which was the score at the time, not sure why it gave that:confused:

But when i messaged him back he said he was playing SD and would i wait, ill play him tomorrow no way i was waiting 20mins when we were just playing a minute or two before that.
    Should have really finished with me first, connection only down for around a min so not like i left for a while.
    That's alright then I sent you a message on the PSN so obviously you didn't see it and then I went off after you did. Paddyjoe was in a ranked match before I played him but while I was waiting you came on and he said he'd play me after you so I waited till you had finished then played our match (5-1 to me btw) and after that you were gone, I'll play you tomorrow if you want?

That's alright then I sent you a message on the PSN so obviously you didn't see it and then I went off after you did. Paddyjoe was in a ranked match before I played him but while I was waiting you came on and he said he'd play me after you so I waited till you had finished then played our match (5-1 to me btw) and after that you were gone, I'll play you tomorrow if you want?

Ya i was meant to play him at 8, set an alarm on the phone but took no notice(i set them for all sorts and you have to delete them or they go off every day) so didnt get on till 8. Since i was just playing him i didnt feel like waiting 20mins to finish the game.

Ya ill play ya tomorrow.

Flawed brought it up to me in mail, worth a mention, have many here got MSN or Skype, he said him and someone were connected on Skype, i use MSN myself like most seem too(that i know anyway), any way we can connect like that?
    Personally i spend a lot of time on it, would be easier to arrange games

Ya i was meant to play him at 8, set an alarm on the phone but took no notice(i set them for all sorts and you have to delete them or they go off every day) so didnt get on till 8. Since i was just playing him i didnt feel like waiting 20mins to finish the game.

Ya ill play ya tomorrow.

Flawed brought it up to me in mail, worth a mention, have many here got MSN or Skype, he said him and someone were connected on Skype, i use MSN myself like most seem too(that i know anyway), any way we can connect like that?
    Personally i spend a lot of time on it, would be easier to arrange games
    Ok, that's grand just post on here when you're on and I'll go on to play. Yeah that was me that's on skype, it's handy for him too so that I can keep him up to date with the league while he's banned.:P And if one of us is not online on PS3 we can tell each other if anyone from the league is on to play. Might be easier for arranging games but I don't know if many people do be on PC and PS3 at the same time though.:confused:

Ok, that's grand just post on here when you're on and I'll go on to play. Yeah that was me that's on skype, it's handy for him too so that I can keep him up to date with the league while he's banned.:P And if one of us is not online on PS3 we can tell each other if anyone from the league is on to play. Might be easier for arranging games but I don't know if many people do be on PC and PS3 at the same time though.:confused:

Ya wouldnt have to be on both at once, of all the people i know on it, most do be on for a good while each day, while on facebook and the likes, so ye could arrange times and days a bit better. I didnt mean it in the sense of talking round playing(instead of using PSN) i meant for times when your not on PSN, i'd spend more time on messenger.

Suppose it aint essential, would really need more then half having it who do be on it a decent amount anyway, to even make it worthwhile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Just posting to say IM BACK!:P Mix up of accounts with an other person messing about in the house:rolleyes:. All sorted now.
    With regard to league I think we should start setting out fixtures either now or definetly for the next one because it gets to uneven, Ian Doc at one stage played 7 were americanjoe and sd08 had only played 2, Im probably guilty of this aswell:o. Its even slower than the last league so we should try and get playing, well all be off work and college with the snow this week so plenty of time hopefully.:)
    Looks like saulgoode has lost interest?:rolleyes: Cant understand people who are so eager to join the league then do a legger after losing a few games, at least finish it for the sake of the rest of us, maybe bring up some of the more reliable lads from League 2.

Couldnt post here after me and sd08s last 2 games but I can tell yas I was raging!!!:( I was 2-1 up in the 87th minute and all I needed was a draw and he nicks two goals because I kept attacking and couldnt hold onto the ball, stupid! Biggest cock up ever. Then he gets a late winner in the playoff game, unreal! Felt jinxed. Fair play to him though, he came out of nowhere to win it and didnt give up.

GerCPM wrote: »
    Just posting to say IM BACK!:P Mix up of accounts with an other person messing about in the house:rolleyes:. All sorted now.

Good to see you back :D
    With regard to league I think we should start setting out fixtures either now or definetly for the next one because it gets to uneven, Ian Doc at one stage played 7 were americanjoe and sd08 had only played 2, Im probably guilty of this aswell:o. Its even slower than the last league so we should try and get playing, well all be off work and college with the snow this week so plenty of time hopefully.:)

We tried fixtures for a bit last time around but it didnt really work - thats why now we are just trying to go at the same pace... I wouldnt say we are going slow, just that a few are slowing us down a bit...
    Looks like saulgoode has lost interest?:rolleyes: Cant understand people who are so eager to join the league then do a legger after losing a few games, at least finish it for the sake of the rest of us, maybe bring up some of the more reliable lads from League 2.

Well if he doesnt finish or anyone in that case - they can forget about playing in the next season. We are looking for a good bunch and eventually we wil fizzle out the sore losers etc :rolleyes:

I will update the league now in a while and update in the other thread

You playing this game again???

We tried fixtures for a bit last time around but it didnt really work - thats why now we are just trying to go at the same pace... I wouldnt say we are going slow, just that a few are slowing us down a bit...
    Did we try fixtures though? I know Gilberto set out matches people should play by a certain date but I don't think that was proper. Fixtures could work if everybody was on everyday and if we did it right, and obviously it'd be the best solution, if most people were in favour of it we could try it out, as long as people post in here what times to play their matches then it might work out.
    Don't think there's much point in using the other thread anymore, with the table and results you have that should be enough, so if people just post scores in here from now on, I've put a link to the table in my signature.

• Advertisement

What will we do then?

Gilberto you are holding things back badly at the moment - will we just continue to try and have 10 games total completed by the end of the week, wait for gilberto or create some sort of fixture list? :(

Advertisement