Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 League - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

I wouldn't mind fixtures myself but I don't think most people would be in favour of it, as a lot of them seem to go missing for days at a time.:rolleyes:
    If everybody was willing and gave us a rough idea of what days/times they're free we might be able to make up a rough fixture list and try to stick to some basic rules.
    Here's how I'd see it, when everybody says what days they're free we make up 4 fixtures a day so that 8 of the 9 people play, that way if 1 person is unavailable on a specific day they won't disrupt anyone else.
    If you can't play your match for whatever reason post in here before the end of the next day or else play it the next day along with your match for that day, if a match isn't played within 2 days of the original date then if 1 player has been available and posted in here and the other has been AWOL then the win goes to the person who tried to play, if neither player posts here we can either call the fixture void or put it down as a draw. If a player does this twice they get a warning and 3 times they get kicked out of the league. If we all follow these rules there's no reason we can't get through the league with minimal fuss and without upsetting anyone:)

Obviously these are just some of my ideas and others might have better ideas, but we definitely need to get it sorted out.

thewools wrote: »
    What will we do then?

Gilberto you are holding things back badly at the moment - will we just continue to try and have 10 games total completed by the end of the week, wait for gilberto or create some sort of fixture list? :(

It was the weekend FSS, i didn't see one post in this thread so i'm not the only one who had plans.

Played Deaglan and Flawed, Paddy went off and played another person after a D/C instead of waiting 1minute to sort it out.
    Couldnt connect with Saul and can't play Ian because he has too many played. Didnt see any message from SD that night after ye played and no word from you(due to games i assume), and the last fella hasnt been online once when i was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Jesus Christ it was the weekend FFS :rolleyes:, Couldnt play Saul and can't play Ian because he has too many played.

lol, u were the one on about completing games before a set deadline. So im just been an d*ck now really :D

lol, u were the one on about completing games before a set deadline. So im just been an d*ck now really :D

Ya and i might have got mine done if there was a group of games set out from the start each, which there wasn't .....and a few of ye hadn't played most of your games over the busy xmas/new year period, hasn't been many games played all round since i started mine.

See this is exactly why we need to have set fixtures that are agreed upon before they're played. We keep getting the whole ''I was on and nobody else was so I went off'' or the ''I messaged ____ but he never replied'' and it just goes out of control until everybody keeps blaming everybody else. I don't think we will get anywhere if people are trying to communicate through the PSN message system because most people seem to be on at different times, and nobosy is going to wait around on the off-chance that someone will come on that they can play. The only way to go is to post here in advance to say when you'll be available but if we do that we might as well just go all out and make fixtures so everyone knows when and who they have to play, then it's up to the two people to make sure they do play.

• Advertisement

Ya and i might have got mine done if there was a group of games set out from the start each, which there wasn't .....and a few of ye hadn't played most of your games over the busy xmas/new year period, hasn't been many games played all round since i started mine.

You hadn't even the game so drawing up fixtures would be rather pointless :rolleyes:
    sd08 wrote: »
    See this is exactly why we need to have set fixtures that are agreed upon before they're played. We keep getting the whole ''I was on and nobody else was so I went off'' or the ''I messaged ____ but he never replied'' and it just goes out of control until everybody keeps blaming everybody else. I don't think we will get anywhere if people are trying to communicate through the PSN message system because most people seem to be on at different times, and nobosy is going to wait around on the off-chance that someone will come on that they can play. The only way to go is to post here in advance to say when you'll be available but if we do that we might as well just go all out and make fixtures so everyone knows when and who they have to play, then it's up to the two people to make sure they do play.

I planned numerous games this season and last by using this thread to post availabilty and it seems to work best. If I say i'll be on around 5 and someone else agrees - then happy days!! Hasnt failed me yet!

I still think we are learning about what system works best. Perhaps for next season a full fixture list is done for every week (4 games each a week maybe) but IMO for now I think we should continue trying to get 10 games played in total by the end of next week.

You hadn't even the game so drawing up fixtures would be rather pointless :rolleyes:

Oh so that's why they weren't done?.... it was my fault :rolleyes:

Oh so that's why they weren't done?.... it was my fault :rolleyes:

I dont want to get into a petty school boy slagging match gilberto so leave it okay...

Im just suggesting that you can try organise your games here on this thread. You will have more success and using the PSN has its flaws

I am trying my best to organise things - I wasnt asked to do so, I took it upon myself as I enjoy playing in a competitive league which has a backbone from a online community which I use alot (boards.ie)

I thanked you at the end of the last season for your effort, and in fairness it was the only one for the PS3 that "nearly" got completed.

Its not easy grouping a group of unknowns from an internet forum and trying to manage things smootely. I will continue to try and get things going - and sometimes it will come across wrong like earlier but someone has to take upon nagging mother role :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

sd08 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind fixtures myself but I don't think most people would be in favour of it, as a lot of them seem to go missing for days at a time.:rolleyes:
    If everybody was willing and gave us a rough idea of what days/times they're free we might be able to make up a rough fixture list and try to stick to some basic rules.
    Here's how I'd see it, when everybody says what days they're free we make up 4 fixtures a day so that 8 of the 9 people play, that way if 1 person is unavailable on a specific day they won't disrupt anyone else.
    If you can't play your match for whatever reason post in here before the end of the next day or else play it the next day along with your match for that day, if a match isn't played within 2 days of the original date then if 1 player has been available and posted in here and the other has been AWOL then the win goes to the person who tried to play, if neither player posts here we can either call the fixture void or put it down as a draw. If a player does this twice they get a warning and 3 times they get kicked out of the league. If we all follow these rules there's no reason we can't get through the league with minimal fuss and without upsetting anyone:)

Obviously these are just some of my ideas and others might have better ideas, but we definitely need to get it sorted out.
    Fixtures would mean there would be no excuses like "I wasnt on when you were on" etc, and we would know when our match is days in advance so easier to make time to get on.
    I think Gilberto is getting a bit of a hard time here, ok he didnt have the game at the start but he went and bought another one in the recession.:) I think theres worse people for not playing games, only for saulgoode ignoring league now, Ian Doc playing so many games and Stephen hardly ever being online hed have all his 5 games played by now. Id be more worried about saulgoode and Stephen to be honest.
    After SD08s match to paddyjoe the other day, why didnt you play americanjoe after? He was online but wasnt playing a game. I seen in the last league aswell were Stephen would go off straight after his league match.Maybe onto a different account I dont know, but your hardly online so theres a good chance that nobody from the league will be online when your online, you get me. Thats why fixtures would solve this.

GerCPM wrote: »
    Id be more worried about saulgoode and Stephen to be honest.
    After SD08s match to paddyjoe the other day, why didnt you play americanjoe after? He was online but wasnt playing a game. I seen in the last league aswell were Stephen would go off straight after his league match.Maybe onto a different account I dont know, but your hardly online so theres a good chance that nobody from the league will be online when your online, you get me. Thats why fixtures would solve this.

I don't know what you have to worry about me from:confused: As for SaulGoode, is he definitely ignoring you, because you've already played him, so maybe he thought you wanted to play, maybe someone else could give it a try before we kick him out.
    I don't really be online much these days so I only go on to play league games a lot of the time and if noone's on I just go back off, that's why I think it'd be better with fixtures or at least to arrange matches on here.

On the issue of not being around, when was the last time someone other than us 4 even posted on here, it seems a lot of the others only check the thread at the start and wait for others to tell them what's going on, or else just play games when asked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I think theres worse people for not playing games, only for saulgoode ignoring league now, Ian Doc playing so many games and Stephen hardly ever being online hed have all his 5 games played by now. Id be more worried about saulgoode and Stephen to be honest.

I havn't been ignoring the league. I check the league everyday at around 6 or 7, but no one else seems to be online at the same time except Ian mostly. I have played 5 games (or 6, not sure) and I wasn't able to connect with daniyalahmed or Gilberto when I went to play them and my broadband keeps f**king up when I'm playing Deaglan for some reason and I can't use the internet on my PS3 or my laptop for a few hours afterwards. I'm trying my best to get games played here.

Ill be online later from approx 5 - 7, will americanJoe1986 or Dealgan be able to play a league match?? Or both ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

ya il be on after 5 for a while- twice ive played saulgoode and the connection went. I get the result 3-0.... il play again if he wants, but im not goin organising it. to be honest im gonna pull out after this league finishes i think.

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    I havn't been ignoring the league. I check the league everyday at around 6 or 7, but no one else seems to be online at the same time except Ian mostly. I have played 5 games (or 6, not sure) and I wasn't able to connect with daniyalahmed or Gilberto when I went to play them and my broadband keeps f**king up when I'm playing Deaglan for some reason and I can't use the internet on my PS3 or my laptop for a few hours afterwards. I'm trying my best to get games played here.
    Ok no probs. I just assumed the worst when you stopped posting on here and stopped playing games lately and being a new guy and taking a few losses I thought you had quit.

ya il be on after 5 for a while- twice ive played saulgoode and the connection went. I get the result 3-0.... il play again if he wants, but im not goin organising it. to be honest im gonna pull out after this league finishes i think.

Same as last time. I wasn't able to access the internet for a few hours after our game. It only happens when I'm playing you :confused:. I was damn pissed cause it was late in the game and I wasn't losing for once:P

Okay i should be online around then - if i see you online ill send you a message on PSN

Any reason why dont want to play another Boards League after this?

Ill be online later from approx 5 - 7, will americanJoe1986 or Dealgan be able to play a league match?? Or both ;)

Ya ill come on round 6, no sign of anyone yesterday, left the computer on for a good while at one or two points.

Okay i should be online around then - if i see you online ill send you a message on PSN

Any reason why dont want to play another Boards League after this?

i dunno, i just dont know if i can commit again..im going through a faze where im not playing the PS3 as much..if you get me! il see what happens tho.

Ya ill come on round 6, no sign of anyone yesterday, left the computer on for a good while at one or two points.

Sound... will be online then anyways.

If im playin COD just give me a message and ill change over to FIFA.

wools 3- 0 deaglan ....i think that was the score?

sorry GER/flawed...my Broadband was dodgy and disconnected earlier..couldnt sign in for ages.

• Advertisement

wools 3- 0 deaglan ....i think that was the score?

sorry GER/flawed...my Broadband was dodgy and disconnected earlier..couldnt sign in for ages.

Yip 3 - 0 was the result - it easily could have been 5 all. :D

I see u didnt mention anything about missing an open goal from 10yards out after rounding the keeper ;) think u hit the chip button yea?? :P

I also played americanjoe1986 - ended 1-1.

I disconnected during the game with about 20mins ago. It was 1 all; so we played an unranked game to finish it off... It remained 1 all.. Cracking game too :)

Yip 3 - 0 was the result - it easily could have been 5 all. :D

I see u didnt mention anything about missing an open goal from 10yards out after rounding the keeper ;) think u hit the chip button yea?? :P

I also played americanjoe1986 - ended 1-1.

I disconnected during the game with about 20mins ago. It was 1 all; so we played an unranked game to finish it off... It remained 1 all.. Cracking game too :)

PICTURE THIS PEOPLE- i take the ball around the goal keeper....open goal... just tap it in you would say... OOH NO...NOT ME! my left finger slides up to L1 - i shoot...and a perfect chip over the bar!! was only few mins left anyway and i was hammerrd anyway! i nearly shot meself!! id say thewools nearly wet himself!

id say thewools nearly wet himself!

Very close to doing so alright... :D its always nice to see others f-up big style for a change ;)

The league has been updated:

http://boardsleague1.leaguerepublic.com/

I also added the link to my signature

I have now played everyone once so i will wait a wee while for others to catch up.

The league has been updated:

http://boardsleague1.leaguerepublic.com/

I also added the link to my signature

I have now played everyone once so i will wait a wee while for others to catch up.
    Im abit confused:confused: Im not sure If I played Saulgoode, I think I did but im not sure can saulgoode confirm? If I did play him, that means Ive played 7. I played Deaglan last nite and won 8-1 aswell and I dont think you added that in? I wont be online tonight, but I will be tommrow evening and should be able to play Stephen maybe tommorow night? Hes played only 4 and Id have played 8 by then, so Il sit it out with thewools for a while so everyone can start the 2nd games having played equal games.

Sorry lads I haven't been around lately, I haven't gone missing. Been too sick to play this week, but I should be able to get on and catch up in a few days when I'm better so if everyone could play their others games first this shouldn't disrupt the league too much.

Im abit confused:confused: Im not sure If I played Saulgoode, I think I did but im not sure can saulgoode confirm? If I did play him, that means Ive played 7. I played Deaglan last nite and won 8-1 aswell and I dont think you added that in? I wont be online tonight, but I will be tommrow evening and should be able to play Stephen maybe tommorow night? Hes played only 4 and Id have played 8 by then, so Il sit it out with thewools for a while so everyone can start the 2nd games having played equal games.

Updated - wasn't aware that you played Deaglan last night.

Would love to be able to view matches on FIFA - cos your game with StephenD would be a nice one to view.

Looks like ill be playing for 3rd / 4th spot again :P

Updated - wasn't aware that you played Deaglan last night.

Would love to be able to view matches on FIFA - cos your game with StephenD would be a nice one to view.

Looks like ill be playing for 3rd / 4th spot again :P
    You could If me or Stephen had a capture card. We could broadcast on it one of them broadcasting sites like justin tv and yous could all tune in. I might actually get one sometime but I havent a clue how to set it up.
    It would be amazing if you could watch random ranked matches or watch your friends in a match, abit like spectator in COD. Fifa 20 maybe:rolleyes:

Im abit confused:confused: Im not sure If I played Saulgoode, I think I did but im not sure can saulgoode confirm? If I did play him, that means Ive played 7.

Pretty sure we played. I think you won 8-1? Might have been one of my other games though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

my internet wasnt working for last 2 days cause of weather,its back now so ill be on tonight if nyone wants to play a game

Advertisement