Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 10 League - Season 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    Pretty sure we played. I think you won 8-1? Might have been one of my other games though
    Yeah I did play ya Ive a lovely goal difference again but that didnt help me last time:mad::mad::mad: Stephen is getting near me this time.;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Has there been any games played recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

thewools wrote: »
    Has there been any games played recently?
    Don't think there has been any played, though I think a lot of that is due to me.:o I can probably play tonight if anybody is around to play?

sd08 wrote: »
    Don't think there has been any played, though I think a lot of that is due to me.:o I can probably play tonight if anybody is around to play?

I can play before 6.30 and after 8.30

• Advertisement

I can play before 6.30 and after 8.30
    Yeah, ok, are you on now? If you are I'll come on and we can play.

Just played Deaglan there, 3-1 to me.
    Yet again I went behind in the first half, but like my last 2 matches I turned it around in the second half, but Deaglan will be kicking himself with all the chances he missed, I think he hit the bar 3 times!

I think Il follow Deaglan and leave after this league. Pain in the arse getting games played and its not competitive anymore.

GerCPM wrote: »
    I think Il follow Deaglan and leave after this league. Pain in the arse getting games played and its not competitive anymore.

Up to you - just hope u finish this one out.

I wouldnt say its not competitive, you havnt won it yet :p, nor did u win last time around. :D I enjoy all the games tbhand would hope that we can get a few more seasons in :)

Cant understand how the Xbox can get a good group of up to 40 players and we cant even get half. :confused: I know they do a qualifying system but we dont have the numbers to do such atm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I would play but you need to have fixtures. Two fixtures per week post them on here and post the result up after. Play games on a Wed and Sun. There's no structure so people get flakey

• Advertisement

Up to you - just hope u finish this one out.

I wouldnt say its not competitive, you havnt won it yet :p, nor did u win last time around. :D I enjoy all the games tbhand would hope that we can get a few more seasons in :)

Cant understand how the Xbox can get a good group of up to 40 players and we cant even get half. :confused: I know they do a qualifying system but we dont have the numbers to do such atm
    Il finish it out, see the interest in the next league, if therel be fixtures or not and then decide. What your man said in the last post was right! People get lazy. If you would know a day or 2 even in advance you could make time to play the match no problem. Xbox one goes so well because they have fixtures, and I think Xbox players are the real "hardcore gamers" and spend more time on there console than ps3 heads.:o
    I havent won the league yet and I wont get complacent this time. I used to play sd08 a good bit in friendlies and I always won.:P These days he can give me a game!:)

To be honest I can't see how fixtures won't work, most people seem to be around most days anyway, and it'd certainly make the league more interesting and competitive. Taking long breaks between matches really makes you lose some interest in the league and you can't commit too well if you think others aren't going to play their games and not get the league finished. Think I said some ideas earlier in the thread but I'll just say some other things again.
    • We could play 1 game each per day, with 5 games a week, leaving 2 days free per week for postponments etc.
    • Week starts on monday and ends on sunday, and next week's fixtures are posted on the sunday.
    • After the fixtures are posted players can arrange between themselves when the best time to play each match will be, and if they will be busy that day post here in advance or within 24 hours of the original day.
    • Both players post in the thread with the result, and any other details.
    • If anybody fails to play a fixture within 2 days without explanation in the thread then the result goes to their opponent provided they prove that they tried to get the match played.
    • If a player does so twice he gets a warning.
    • Three times and he is kicked from the league.
    These are just some ideas I have and other people might have other better ideas that we could add to that list but really if we all just stuck to rules like that then we could get a good competitive league running, and hopefully attract as many players as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

1 game a day is a bit much, some people have lifes

Crosáidí wrote: »
    1 game a day is a bit much, some people have lifes
    Well, everybody agreed at the start of the league that we would play 5 games a week, but without any set fixtures and a lot of them played at least that and more in a week. And most of them are online pretty regularly, finally if you only play a couple of days a week, surely you don't go on just for one game, you can just play 2 or 3 in a day if needs be.
    2 games a week is ridiculously slow, even slower than this leagues been going:eek:

Can we please get the following games completed ASAP? Preferably this week ;)

FlawedGenius VS StephenD08
    StephenD08 VS americanJoe1986
    StephenD08 VS Daniyalahmed
    StephenD08 VS Deaglan
    Ian-DOC VS americanJoe1986
    Deaglan VS saulgoode7
    americanJoe1986 VS saulgoode7
    americanJoe1986 VS Paddyjoedplumber
    americanJoe1986 VS Daniyalahmed
    Daniyalahmed VS Paddyjoedplumber
    Daniyalahmed VS saulgoode7
    saulgoode7 VS Paddyjoedplumber

I'll defo play Ian when im on, so should play that today.

The other fella Daniahmed(?) wasn't online once when i checked and as of two days ago hadn't been online in 6 days :confused:

Ill try Saul again but its not going to work, tried for about 10mins last time before be gave up and headed off.

I'll defo play Ian when im on, so should play that today.

The other fella Daniahmed(?) wasn't online once when i checked and as of two days ago hadn't been online in 6 days :confused:

Ill try Saul again but its not going to work, tried for about 10mins last time before be gave up and headed off.

I'll send out reminders to them on PSN too later. Havnt seen Daniahmed online in a while myself.

Can you try get Saul to invite you? Cos when we were palying it would not work when you invited me to a game for some reason?

I'll send out reminders to them on PSN too later. Havnt seen Daniahmed online in a while myself.

Can you try get Saul to invite you? Cos when we were palying it would not work when you invited me to a game for some reason?

Ya we tried that, first he tried me about 4/5 times, then i tried him a couple of times, then we went into a private lobby and after 2/3 goes there he just left. I think he might be NTL too, I asked him twice but got no answer, maybe it's doubly bad because both of us are NTL?.... I'll try him again but it's not looking good

Daniahlmed is gone I think!:rolleyes:Defo boot him out for the next league. Unless he can come on here post he was sick or whatever.

Yeah, daniyalahmed seems to have gone missing, hasn't been online in over a week I think, and definitely hasn't posted in here, I'll try to play him if he evers shows up, and I'll play Gilberto sometime this week if he's free too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Deaglan VS saulgoode7

saulgoode9:) I tried playing daniyalahmed and americanjoe (Gilberto) and wasn't able to connect to either. Twice my broadband screwed up while playing Deaglan. So not sure how those games are going to get played if we still can't connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

sorry lads,had a few problems with interenet and been flat out at work so hadnt had a chance to play any games lately,ill be around any evening for rest of week if any1 wants to play.

gilberto, what do u want to do with our game from the last time? play a half in unranked with you 1 nil up or replay whole game again?

pool fan wrote: »
    sorry lads,had a few problems with interenet and been flat out at work so hadnt had a chance to play any games lately,ill be around any evening for rest of week if any1 wants to play.

gilberto, what do u want to do with our game from the last time? play a half in unranked with you 1 nil up or replay whole game again?

Ya....and i think ill take my 1-0 lead back :P

There was maybe 1mins real time gone of the second half, so we could just do a 3min a half game instead of waiting through a 6min first half?

Drew 2-2 with Ian, shocking to give away a 88th minute equaliser, all the more so after Villa's pathetic attempt at the end of a 1v1 that sailed wide of the target after i turned his goalie(from the following KO)

League Table has been updated.

Can we get a few more games played before the weekend? :)

Ah cmon lads the league is dieing a death get playing.

FlawedGenius VS StephenD08
    StephenD08 VS americanJoe1986
    StephenD08 VS Daniyalahmed
    StephenD08 VS Deaglan
    Deaglan VS saulgoode7
    americanJoe1986 VS Paddyjoedplumber
    americanJoe1986 VS Daniyalahmed
    Daniyalahmed VS Paddyjoedplumber

See above table guys....

Loads of games to play and nothing happening at all???

I don't be on over the weekends now....

But when i was last one Dani hadn't been on in 9/10 days, Paddy in 7 days, SD in like 4/5 days and havent seen Saul to re-try.

Basically there was nobody i could play bar the lads ive played already, ill be on in a while and ill see if theres anyone around, in the mood for some Fallout anyway

We need a new set of players to be honest, keep, thewools, me, sd08, gilberto, iandoc, paddjoe and maybe deaglan if he wants to play and get rid of the rest no offence. All of the above mentioned are on a good bit especially me and Ian Doc, and the rest I assume are still interested.Sd08 is on his computer at the moment so he could play thewools or gilberto now but hes too tired!:rolleyes: more likely not bothered, were all tired, 10 min game of fifa wont effect you. Again, some people want to just play at there times and its not other peoples times. Im sure yas make time for other things in life so why cant ya turn on ur ps3 and play a match. Thewools is doing his best to keep it going, people could at least post to say there not bothered get new players etc, eg saulgoode and danipackibad or whatever his name is.

• Advertisement

I'm never really on my playstation much anymore, usually just for a bit over the weekends and that's usually just playing with friends. Wasn't around much last week, had a lot of work to catch up with for college so didn't have much free time. I'm not sure whether I'd be free a lot to play games, especially if it's relient on randomly going on to see if anyone's on, and that'd be mostly at the weekends.

Advertisement