Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon D70 - CCD malfunction

Options
  • 22-12-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My Nikon D70 stopped working properly last month. All the images were coming up green and ghostly. It was happening with all lenses and memory cards. After extensive googling I finally found a page describing the same issues:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/31/nikon-fesses-up-to-new-ccd-malfunction-problems/

3060000000048682.JPG

Tis a dilly of a pickle, I bought the camera second hand 3 years ago on adverts.ie so have no warranty/guarantee. (though I presume warranty would be up by now anyway.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how I can get fixed or how much it might cost? Unfortunately I just can't afford a new camera at the moment as much as I'd love one :(

getting withdrawal symptoms already!

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

SLR Service Centre
    Rathmolyon
    Co Meath
    Tel 046 9557151

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Nikon noticed the CCD problem had reemerged, and is offering up free CCD replacements for victims -

seems from that, that Nikon will repair it for free?

Best bet is call the above number posted by Barname. SLR service centre are the authorized Nikon repair centre for ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

Thanks guys, have left a voicemail and email with them

cheers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Beware that this information is two years old & also may only apply to Nikon USA. It is still worth asking them. Good luck.

Advertisement