Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2

Options
  • 22-12-2009 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hey anyone else really looking forward to this game!

Planning on getting the Special Edition on day one...

Been keeping away from all news about it so as to avoid spoilers.

The only thing is Iv got a big question to ask and I cant get a straight answer anywhere.

The first time I played through Mass Effect I really took it slow, done all the sidequests and had a really cool ending.

But then I decided to start a new game plus and only managed to get half of the way through... so I'm wondering will my choices and all carry through or will I have to finish off this playthrough?

Thanks for any replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, Can't wait for it either...

I have done two playthroughs with the same character. So have gotten 2 different endings...I think we have have to wait and see what the story is when ME 2 comes out...

Using spoiler tags incase some people haven't played the 1st game:
    I saved the council on my 2nd playthrough and let them die in my 1st...I don't really care which of them it takes, but both Ashley and Wrex lived in both playthroughs, so as long as thats carried over I will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Yea let the council be killed... if only they had of been a bit nicer to me...

Had wrex and garrus myself, the coolest two if you ask me...

I used Garras and Wrex, in one playthrough too, ya they are the best...
    Made no effort at all to save Kaiden

The new cast looks good too, all "criminal scum" with the expect of one of two, It doesn't look like any of the previous squad mates return as squad mates for use in the 2nd. Could be wrong tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Most of the main plot points which could go either way I did them both good and bad. I think I have 3 character saves. Loved the first, so the second can't come fast enough.

I might play through the sequel with my hard as nails bitch, Slutty Shepard. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah I look forward to playing though the sequel as my hard as nails bitch Shepard too hehe

I heard it was coming out on both the PC and the 360 at the same time, is this true?

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I heard it was coming out on both the PC and the 360 at the same time, is this true?

I believe it is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I believe it is.
    **** yes. Gives me another reason (like i need another one :rolleyes:) to play through this again. Bad ass Shepard, here i come :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Cant wait for ME2, first was heavenly. From dev interviews, the game starts and asks which previous save you want to use. It shows some of the actions you made in ME1 so easy to pick your fave game to play in. if you have no ME1 saves, it asks "What if?" questions of what you probably would have done in those situations, have to sit down with the full thing to see how it works.

Its out on day #1 for both PC and 360 from what I've seen....yep, 29th of Janurary for both on Play.com

Garrus and Tali return, or at least feature, from vids floating around the web. Looks to be about 8 team-mates from the frre spaces shown on team selection vids. Loving Thane myself, looks cool and kicks ass.

And the full cinematic video is out on XboxLive today, gonna check now.

Thane does indeed look cool...

But Shepards new main squeeze looks even better..Miranda Lawson..:D

I think Liara returns too, she was in that cut scene where Shepard and her are looking for Thane.

I think Wrex is gonna be back too,
    If you or Ashley didn't kill him that is
    , as a few interviews I saw, he got a few mentions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm trying to get all of the achievements in the first game before the second comes out. I finished my second playthrough yesterday, with two more to go and I'll have 1200 out of it.

The achievements for 2 were released today, don't look if you wanna stay spoiler-free: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/mass-effect-2/achievements/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'm trying to get all of the achievements in the first game before the second comes out. I finished my second playthrough yesterday, with two more to go and I'll have 1200 out of it.

The achievements for 2 were released today, don't look if you wanna stay spoiler-free: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/mass-effect-2/achievements/

Getting all the achievments in ME1 was great fun. The achievments in ME2 though look easier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Apparently they've replaced the elevators with extremely long loading screens. Hopefully it won't be as bad as Dragon Age. The loading screens on that are driving me mad.
    The elevators are still there but they aren't really used to mask loading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

They have said your saves from Mass effect 1 will run for ME2 and ME3 in 2011.

They said from the start it was a 3 part epic story, But from what i have seen ME2 looks really dark, The same as where ME1 left off. I think il have to play ME1 again as i formatted a million times since i cleared it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This is one game I genuinely am looking forward to.

The first game may have had ropey combat and the usual RPG tropes (overly chatty strangers offering you quests and booty etc.), but the story, characters & presentation really were quality, top-drawer stuff. I'm eager to know how the stories of the various characters play out, I certainly hope they don't all get dropped (or give them glib cameos) to make way for the new, "edgier" ones. That new bald female assassin for instance is just plain annoying. Bring back Tali please ;)

Funny though, what I most look forward to is the music, anyone else? The first game's soundtrack is quality stuff - reminds me of a punchier, darker John Carpenter (80s style) - and regularly finds its way on my iPod. I'm a sucker for a bit of ambient electronica, so can't wait to hear the new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Mass Effect was exceptional. This one looks like it will be equally impressive, if not more so. Cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Really looking forward to it now.

Just found out that no matter how many time you play through the original game, you can still pick each playthrough to continue in ME 2. So if you finished good on your first Playthrough and Bad on the second you can pick which ever one you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

When I traded in my 360 to switch to the PS3 the only game I knew I would miss would be ME2. Now that it is coming out I feel as though I'm really missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I went through the first one 7 times. Its fair to say I am looking forward to its sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Only 5 times on the original for me, didnt even get the "use a character for the whole game" achievements (didnt know you had to do EVERYTHING: main, side and bonus missions.

Picked up ME1 on Steam for under €4, gotta play through before the second one drops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lads, one question: i finished game on xblender, but now i whant to get it on pc, will it transfer mine data from xblender to pc? :( will it be on: games for windows platform so i can use mine game tag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I haven't played any game properly in a good six months. I almost would have sold my box. I didn't realize this game would be out so soon! :D I loved the first one. This and Darksiders are my two must buys for this year so far.
    I'm really looking forward to this. I might even see if I can get another play through of the first one done before it's released. Maybe I'll even manage to get one of those ally achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Anyone pre-ordered the LE?
    If so where and how much?
    I was told by a friend that when he pre-ordered it, he was told €80 (in Xtravision) which sounds insane.
    lads, one question: i finished game on xblender, but now i whant to get it on pc, will it transfer mine data from xblender to pc? :( will it be on: games for windows platform so i can use mine game tag?

No and no, Mass Effect is not a GFW title.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I pre-ordered it at game.co.uk think it was £54 or there abouts plus a shipping fee. €80 is insane, there is not that much extra in the CE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

No and no, Mass Effect is not a GFW title.

Thank god for that at least !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im desperately trying to finish the first one so I can get straight into the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Guys off topic here so 1 answer will do i have time in February to get an rpg and was thinking Dragons Age or ME1, which is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Guys off topic here so 1 answer will do i have time in February to get an rpg and was thinking Dragons Age or ME1, which is better?

If you have a PC, Dragon Age; if you have an Xbox, Mass Effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Atlas_IRL wrote: »

Is this for the 360?

If so I will go with Dragon Age, ME has a much better story but is a fcuking mess technically with some of the most boring side quests since Paint Dry Sim1.1

Dragon Age looks like filth but I had less locks, freezes, glitches, reloads and I found playing the game more enjoyable than Mass Effect

I'll sum it up like this.
    Mass Effect, cracking story and main character but that's it.

Dragon Age, loads of hacking, slashing, spells, bow and arrow madness but not very deep story wise at all.

Both are terrible QA wise on the 360, real rough stuff at times. As both are by the same company they suffer from the segmented environment annoyance. Each area of the game requires a load to get from point A to point B. In ME this is generally a load screen in a space ship and in DA it is a set of foot prints on a Olde Style Map. Can be annoying considering how poorly they both run

If you want a better story get ME, if you want a more interesting game when it comes to combat, get DA. My 2c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I hope the score lives up to the high standard set by the first. Heard mention on a podcast that there has been some changes (vague because I can't remember if they specified the changes).

If there's any obnoxious EA Trax bs, I may have to kill someone. :)

Advertisement