Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Banks? Easy or no?

Options
  • 22-12-2009 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭

Hi all

After many a fight with the half witted cretins at my bank, I feel I have no choice but to move my business elsewhere.

Can anyone tell me the procedure in moving banks? I have several accounts and all my bills come from these so I'm assuming it's going to be an absolute nightmare.

At this stage though it's actually less hassle than dealing with the morons I'm dealing with at the moment, so no point in telling me stay where I am.

Any help? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

Kimia wrote: »
    Hi all

After many a fight with the half witted cretins at my bank, I feel I have no choice but to move my business elsewhere.

Can anyone tell me the procedure in moving banks? I have several accounts and all my bills come from these so I'm assuming it's going to be an absolute nightmare.

At this stage though it's actually less hassle than dealing with the morons I'm dealing with at the moment, so no point in telling me stay where I am.

Any help? :)

switched from AIB to PTSB earlier this year. wasnt actually as painful as I thought. I took care of opening the new account, and in the new bank the 'Switch' team takes care of contacting the old bank, transfer the bills onto the new account etc.
    the most painful thing was actually deciding the new dates for the different direct debits I had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Easy as pie nowadays.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cianor

Same story here as nmesisca. Went from BOI to Halifax. I just went into Halifax and opened the account. Their Switching Team contacted BOI to move over all of the Standing Orders and Direct Debits. They contacted my work (but of course so did I) to get them to change over Bank details.

The hardest Part is choosing the correct date, but Halifax gave me an interest free overdraft to ensure that if things did not match up, I would not end up in the Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Will investigate in more detail then!

Thanks all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement