Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midnight Mass

Options
  • 22-12-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Anyone know if there is one being held anywhere, preferably in town or north Dublin?

By midnight mass, I mean at midnight, as opposed to 9 o'clock like our parish. Even though they still call it midnight mass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

St Pat's College Church in Drumcondra? I think it's on at about 11pm so you're leaving by midnight. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I attended proper midnight mass (12p.m) in Mount Argos,Harolds Cross about 4 years ago but with services diminishing they may now have changed the times. They don't have it on their website.

The Pro Cathedral is at 10. Nice choir etc. For some reason I always thought it was later in the Pro then 10!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Drunks strolling in after the pubs closing early on Christmas Eve put an end to most of these.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think the Polish church up in St. Audeon's usually have one. It's part of a whole 'Wigilia' evening though and usually packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It's difficult to get real midnight mass nowadays. Even St Theresa's, on Clarendon Street, which generally has a huge selection of church services, has the vigil mass at 11pm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement