Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panic set in yet??

Options
  • 22-12-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

why does no one seem to be panicing yet?? Im freaking out here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

yenoBAYUB wrote: »
    Alcohol/it's only a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

In my school there's some serious freaking out, few dramatic breakdowns. Yeah maybe it is only a test but it's a stressful one alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It's only a test. It's a very stressful time but think of it as any other test.

I did it last year and I thought the whole thing is overblown.

Remember, you can only do your best at it. Once you do 1 exam, forget about it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

Yeah its fairly stressful, i realised i have a rake of things to do for the big day, but have to say im fairly delighted with my timetable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Yeah its fairly stressful, i realised i have a rake of things to do for the big day, but have to say im fairly delighted with my timetable :D
    What are you aiming for out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

I think the amount of points you're aiming for is directly proportional to how much you're going to **** yourself over the coming months..

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

Forget about stressing about it. It's not good for your work rate. I panicked in April and I was left with a massive April-shaped hole in my course material, which is not good when June arrives.

Besides, it's not that important anyway. The first words that were uttered from my first college lecturer were, 'Forget everything you learned in the Leaving Cert' - that covers material learned, study methods, etc.

theowen wrote: »
    What are you aiming for out of curiosity?

wish i could tell ya, I have no idea what I wanna do, so just aiming for high as i can...
    stainluss wrote: »
    I think the amount of points you're aiming for is directly proportional to how much you're going to **** yourself over the coming months..

Lol i dont get it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

wish i could tell ya, I have no idea what I wanna do, so just aiming for high as i can...

Lol i dont get it...?

He's saying that if your aiming high, you're going to be worried more than if your aiming low.

Kevin! wrote: »
    He's saying that if your aiming high, you're going to be worried more than if your aiming low.

well we all know which one of us is going to fail english:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm a little panicked but only because i really want my first choice and i'm not sure if i'll get the points. I also think its very hard to just sit down and study so havn't been doing as much as i should be :o

I'm a little panicked but only because i really want my first choice and i'm not sure if i'll get the points. I also think its very hard to just sit down and study so havn't been doing as much as i should be :o

I honestly only started today, very difficult to get into it, and we just moved house so havent got my desk or anything, seriously stressed to bits!! Dunno how Im gonna handle all this. Where do ya start like?

I honestly only started today, very difficult to get into it, and we just moved house so havent got my desk or anything, seriously stressed to bits!! Dunno how Im gonna handle all this. Where do ya start like?

Start of 5th year :( but there's so much! I've got tons or work to do over Christmas from my teachers but I just don't feel like doing it at the moment :P

hmm i only got biology but i got ALOT. Nothing that cant be done in a few hours though. thats what ive done, ive just started on chapter one in every subject, its way too much stress for people who are like 16,17,18...

lol it's true, there's a lot of stress! Fair play for starting :) I'm in a christmassy mood so no studying for me yet. I might start tomorrow..
    I know i'l probably look back at this thread in august and kick myself though.

Advertisement