Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MPEG TO DVD....Help??!!

• 22-12-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,
    I'm trying to convert video cassettes to DVD. I bought a video grabber device which loads the video onto PC no problem. However, the next problem is encoding them onto DVD after editing. The project file can be saved as MPEG DE-AVI or AVI. However when i go to do this after editing it says 'Disk space in output folder is not sufficient'.
    My question is, is there some other kind of format i can save the file in and then edit and save on a dvd. Is there some software (free would be nice) that i can download for this task, also what format should file be in for DVD (.wmv?)

Many thanks in advance to all feedback

Comments

Convertxtodvd will auto convert the file with menus and will burn directly to dvd. Not free but can be acquired for...testing on torrent sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

An hour of authored video material (ie. video that has been formatted, ready to be burned to a dvd disc) is rarelly less than 2gb in size.... so, disc cleanup is in order.

As for mpeg to dvd... there is a post started here yesterday "avi to dvd" which is more or less the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Siob185

Thanks for your reply,
    How can i do a disk cleanup on a file. My question is prob. lame but I'm not much of a pro on computers:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

Errrrm... My Computer > right click on Local Disc (C) > Properties > Disk Cleanup

This however is likely to free up marginal amount of space. Try uninstalling programs that are not being used or backing up some stuff onto blank dvd-s. Large external hard drives are good investment too (approx. 80eur for 1tb these days). The simple fact is that video conversion and authoring can be done even with the slowest of the machines available today, but you need disk space.

CCleaner does a good job on cleaning up hard drives, hence the name C(rap)Cleaner. www.ccleaner.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Siob185

Thank you so much, all seems to be working now! Will get my dvd made in time for xmas!

A Happy Christmas to ya :)

Advertisement