Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet explorer??

• 22-12-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

First not really sure if this is the right forum but i couldnt really find anything else. My problem is that after downloading a dodgy torrent a while back my computer became infected with a a virus that closed down my avg, blocked access to the internet etc. I got rid of it by running my computer in safemode and using malware bytes. The problem i have had since tho is that internet explorer keeps giving me that message saying its not connected to the internet. The same with safari. Firefox is the only one working. I'v tried re-installing explorer but still no luck. Am i doomed to a lifetime of firefox??

Btw internet explorer diagnostic is telling me to check the firewall settings for each HTTP port 80, HTTPS port 443, and FTP port 21.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

For our benefit, could you tell us which version of Windows and Internet Explorer are you running?

And now that you've got AVG back, I'd recommend that you update it and run a complete scan on your system, just to ensure that you've removed all and any nasties that are on your system.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭banquet

Internet explorer 8 and xp sp 3. I ran the avg scan as soon as the malwarebytes got rid of the virus and everything seems to be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Check your Lan Settings.

Tools - Internet Options - Connections - Lan Settings.

Anything in there settings wise?

You should just have Automatically Detect Settings ticked for a simple home network.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭banquet

Yeah i have it clicked, just did a search and this semed quite relevent. I havent really a clue what this guy is talking about tho. Seems like my problem could be virus related.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/db66317e-af38-4705-8786-703244bae65d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Read this sticky:

"I think I have a virus" - Please Read & Try BEFORE Posting (Updated 04/06/09)

Do as much on that as you can and then post the relevant info in a new thread in the Virus & Malware Removal forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Alearner

The conficker worm has been out for two years. Microsoft and symantec produced nearly 60 pages of information about it.

It blocks access to security sites such as AVG.

Naturally the software could be damaged.

SFC is part of Windows XP. Running SFC. System File Checker, could help, if one has a disk with the OS to hand to feed the computer with fresh copies of corrupted or deleted files.....

Advertisement