Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira Elite ST problems!!

Options
  • 22-12-2009 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have a Mira Elite St Electric shower that doesn't work properly anymore.
    The pressure is ok (although the same on medium as high pressure) but the temperature is not working well... When it is set to the high pressure position the water is extremely hot but if I turn it to cooler it simply goes freezing cold... If I turn the pressure to medium it is warm, but not warm enough...

I know that we live in an area with very hard water, and that it most likely is lime scale built up on the element. But how do I descale the element?? Or what can I do? (buying a new shower sounds like a temporary solution as the new shower probably will end up the same way)
    I did descale the shower head but that does not help. I found a thread on another website where it was described how to clean some filter by the element but that was for a Mria Elite 2 and doesnt seem to apply to my shower. When I removed the cover of the shower I could see where the splash guard was over the element, but I dont know if I should or how to remove that??

hoping for swift replies :o
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares/mira/mira-elite-st.html
    18 on the drawing is the filter.clean that anyhow first and report back.
    it may be possible to remove 'heater tank ' (5) but that wouldn't be routine afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

smae thing happened to me, I changed showers but i never knew that there was a filter to clean until the lads here pointed me in the right direction, on the newer model Mira ST has two filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭beatle

Thanks for the replies lads. Will try cleaning filter and report back within the next few days.

-Beatle

Cleaned the filter and that solved the problem! The filter was filled up with dirt so no wonder it wasn't working properly.

The strange thing is that the shower says Mira Elite ST on the cover, but it is set up as the Mira Elite 2 inside!

Thanks for advice Davelerave!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ab20

Just a little tip as well on the Mira Pump Showers. I have one in the Main house and it works perfectly. I have one in the Granny Flat and I have had to have the whole guts replaced €200 it cost me. The reason the one in the granny flat broke I was told was that it was not used enough and the limescale built up inside. They are both the same age. The Fitter recommended that I run the shower at least once a week for a few minutes to prevent this happening. So if you have one that you do not use too regularly make sure to run it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 trevor jones

i have a mira elite st shower it is not heating the water the power light is on and the low flow light is off any suggestions whats wrong

i would suggest cleaning the filter. it worked for me and i have to do it once a year or so.... worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

just fixed one last week was a problem with thermal switch on the canister 15euro fix get a spark to look at it for ya

Advertisement