Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Season 20 *** Spoilers for TG4 Viewers ***

Options
  • 22-12-2009 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Well, anyone who's seen Samoa knows exactly what's to be expected in season 20... :D If you haven't seen all of Survivor Samoa (it hasn't aired on TG4 yet) turn back now... you have been warned...

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Heroes Vs. Villains!
    Who do you think will be back? What team will they be on?
    If you have confirmation of someone being back or not, please provide a source.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

I have a full cast list. will get it now and put it in spoiler tags :).

EDIT: Do not read if you dont want to know the cast.
    Amanda Kimmel
    Benjamin "Coach" Wade
    Cirie Fields
    Candice Woodcock
    Colby Donaldson
    Courtney Yates
    Danielle DiLorenzo
    Jessica "Sugar" Kiper
    Jerri Manthey
    Parvati Shallow
    Randy Bailey
    Rob Mariano
    James Clement
    James "JT" Thomas
    Rupert Boneham
    Russell Hantz
    Sandra Diaz-Twine
    Stephenie LaGrossa
    Tom Westman
    Tyson Apostol

Source: survivorsucks.com, is also validated by the outlines in this picture as they do match up.
    http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/61026345780fd61bf1908cb9599dec9ca7571fa4.pjpg
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'm happy enough with the choices, if indeed they are as Bottleopener says.

What will be interesting is that on the Heroes team, there's a load of people with integrity, honesty, and loyalty, and on the Villains, well, the opposite. :) It's a tough one to call, which tribe will last longest. On the one hand, the Heroes may all stick together, but on the other, they know they can count on the Villains to do their dirty work. I look forward to it.

Also, the last 3 lines of the above post aren't really spoilers, for those curious among you!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If that list is true, its going to be a good season.
    I would have preferred
    Amber instead of Rob
    , though. :)

There are some very good villains there too. Alot of ego....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Looks like a good season if that is the list. Weird that
    Fairplay
    isn't in that list. Could've sworn I saw him in the promo the other night.
    Sandra
    really shouldn't be coming back. Worst survivor ever in my opinion.

Looks like a good season if that is the list. Weird that
    Fairplay
    isn't in that list. Could've sworn I saw him in the promo the other night.
    Sandra
    really shouldn't be coming back. Worst survivor ever in my opinion.
    I'd say
    Fairplay got production angry in Micornesia, and yes he was in the promo, but it was just a reliving of some of survivors greatest moments

• Advertisement

Glad that
    Ozzy
    and
    Bobby-John
    aren't there. I think it's pushing it a bit to have
    some people there for a third time
    . I'd have liked to see
    Crystal
    there, but glad that
    Randy
    is.

Aard wrote: »
    Glad that
    Ozzy
    and
    Bobby-John
    . I'd have liked to see
    Crystal
    there, but glad that
    Randy
    is.
    Nice to see a fellow
    Crystal
    fan. She's a hero :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Glad that
    Ozzy
    and
    Bobby-John
    . I'd have liked to see
    Crystal
    there, but glad that
    Randy
    is.

Sure for seven of them its their third time.
    Amanda Kimmel
    Jerri Manthey
    Parvati Shallow
    Rob Mariano
    James Clement
    Rupert Boneham
    Stephenie LaGrossa

They have all done it twice before already. Third times the charm and all that. But it's what people want to see, I know I sure as hell do. And its a shame to have an allstar type season and not include ozzy who was one of the best survivors of its twenty seasons.

It's going to be ineresting to see more former winners back in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Oh, just posted on the other thread, didn't see this. I'm very weak willed, and just read the cast spoiler. Interesting looking season, here's how I reckon it'll pan out. All just opinion obviously.
    Amanda Kimmel - hero - meh. Tends to be easily manipulated. Likely to be used and will go far as a result. Interesting to see if she teams up with Cirie and James again.

Benjamin "Coach" Wade - villain - looper. The fact that he's not much of an actual intelligent threat means a sharper villain could use him as a front to hide behind and pull the strings. Could go far, won't win.

Cirie Fields - hero - brilliant. A hero who can still manipulate with the best. A sensible player would vote her out early, but most of the heroes aren't! If she gets to the merge, she should do well. As usual she'll have to make a strong alliance to make sure her physical weakness means she isn't targeted early. I want Cirie to win, but fear for her on a team of physically strong players if they lose a few of the challenges.

Candice Woodcock - villain. An interesting enough player in her season. Not really a villain but the whole jumping ship thing she did in her season probalby means she'll be on that tribe? Bit of a dark horse. Might team up well with Parvati again.

Colby Donaldson - hero. Maybe too nice for his own good. I don't think he would have gotten as far as he did if he was in a later season. If he's still as physically atrong as before, I imagine he'll be picked off just before/after the merge.

Courtney Yates - villain. I liked Courtney a lot and don't think she's really a villain but I'd say that's where she'll go. Physical weakness and potentially rubbing some of the others up the wrong way means I think she'll be gone early. Her and Randy's interactions should be good to watch.

Danielle DiLorenzo - villain. Again I don't think Danielle is really a "villain", she just wasn't that likeable. And again like Courtney, I can't see her being popular on a villain tribe, and thus she'll likely go early too.

Jessica "Sugar" Kiper - hero. Can't see her repeating what she managed in Gabon. Would love to somehow have her and Randy together again. Likely out early again though as well.

Jerri Manthey - villain. The original villain (Richard was an anti-hero!). Seems to have poor social skills, won't go far.

Parvati Shallow - villain. Great social player, physically good. Will probably go far again, though the rest of those present should have her well figured out at this stage. Won't win again.

Randy Bailey - villain - douchebag. I know some people put these things on for show, and I know the arrogant ones are good TV, but I actually thought he was a step too far and was just an idiot. I'd like to see him gone early as possible.

Rob Mariano - hero. After All-Stars, Rob should really be a villain, but most people have a soft spot for him and he'll llikely be a hero. Again, one of the few heroes who can really play an intelligent game. Would love to see him team up with Cirie! Should go far again.

James Clement - hero. I expect James to meet the same fate again. Knocked out in about 7th place. Very nice guy, popular, strong. All enoguh to get him on to the jury. Just not enough of a player to make it to the end.

James "JT" Thomas - hero. Physically strong, likeable guy. Might not have the smarts to make it as far again though.

Rupert Boneham - hero. Token crazy on the heroes tribe. Helped in earlier appearances by his brute strength. The hero tribe is looking very physically strong though, so he might end up an actual liability among the males of the tribe. Also, his hunter-gatherer thing won't be as useful for a tribe who have all been through teh experience before. His popularity should make him an early target.

Russell Hantz - villain. Would be an instant vote for me if I was on his tribe. But as was mentioned in the other thread, they might not have seen him in Samoa. Won't have as many "dumb girls" to help him out, but still he might be clever enoguh to get himself far. I hope so!

Sandra Diaz-Twine - villain - just no. Shouldn't go far. I certainly hope she doesn't.

Stephenie LaGrossa - hero. Stronger than a lot of the men, and immensely competitive, she'd be one of the more ruthless heroes too. She went pretty much as far as she could possibly have managed on two occasions, which should set alarm bells off for other players. I actually think she'll go early enough.

Tom Westman - hero. Hard to know. Palau was such a lobsided season. He didn't really have to try too hard to win. He was in the final two against a pathetic opponent. In fact he probably wouldn't have even got that far if Ian hadn't mentally farted in the last challenge.

Tyson Apostol - villain - all talk. I never actually saw Tyson make one decent move in Tocantins. I think he was all mouth and no action. Bit of a douche again. If the villains do well, he'll get to the merge at least but if they lose a lot of challenges I don't think he'd be one of the last remaining.

As always though, it's pretty damn unpredictable. I know who I'd like to see go far anyway, and I just hope it's as interesting a season as it has the potential to be!!

Good speculation there Abelard... I'd agree with you on most... I reckon Amanda would be on the villain team though and Courtney on the hero team for some reason...
    And interesting that you placed Sandra in the villain side of things... I know she won her season and all, but I honestly can't remember what she did... Was she really a villain?

• Advertisement

Good speculation there Abelard... I'd agree with you on most... I reckon Amanda would be on the villain team though and Courtney on the hero team for some reason...
    And interesting that you placed Sandra in the villain side of things... I know she won her season and all, but I honestly can't remember what she did... Was she really a villain?

No, not a villain. But just not at all likeable. And she was the only one
    who saw through Fairplay, who everyone subsequenlty liked

The cast list and their respective tribes are up on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Heroes_vs._Villains

I don't think I need the spoiler tags anymore, but better to be safe than sorry:
    I'm surprised at the Sandra hatred on here, I love her :P.

I expect Russell Hantz to go far, as Samoa and heroes vs. villains were filmed back to back in Samoa, and were both concluded before Samoa aired, so yes Russell was an unknown entity to the rest of the cast.

I don't think I need the spoiler tags anymore, but better to be safe than sorry:
    I'm surprised at the Sandra hatred on here, I love her :P.

I expect Russell Hantz to go far, as Samoa and heroes vs. villains were filmed back to back in Samoa, and were both concluded before Samoa aired, so yes Russell was an unknown entity to the rest of the cast.

Having said that, were I out there and ended up on a tribe with him
    I'd definitely have to think that he did something spectacular to warrant being called back for a second season immediately after the first, and he must want it bad to agree to come back straight away! I know i'd be immediately wary!

Also I wonder
    who was jilted? If they were filmed back-to-back, Russell must have been a very last minute addition, so presumably they had someone else lined up who got the chop!

abelard wrote: »
    Having said that, were I out there and ended up on a tribe with him
    I'd definitely have to think that he did something spectacular to warrant being called back for a second season immediately after the first, and he must want it bad to agree to come back straight away! I know i'd be immediately wary!

Also I wonder
    who was jilted? If they were filmed back-to-back, Russell must have been a very last minute addition, so presumably they had someone else lined up who got the chop!
    My sources say
    Natalie(Micronesia) was cut last minute out there.

My sources say
    Natalie(Micronesia) was cut last minute out there.

Wouldn't that have meant uneven gender balance then though?

Wouldn't that have meant uneven gender balance then though?
    Well theres normally 2 alternates out there so there probably was a male one too I guess. I only remember reading in the same place I got the cast list that she was cut.

A sneak peak of Heroes Vs. Villains which aired at the People's Choice Awards the other night...

and a fan made intro of Survivor: Heroes Vs. Villains with the official cast with confirmed tribes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ringlarryduff

Survivor is a fantastic series, it's such a pity that it never gets shown on Irish TV in time (I know TG4 shows it but they're often a series or two behind). I'm sure parts of it are a bit contrived and it's a little less transparent than other reality shows but it never disappoints. It's much better fun when compared to Big Brother or I'm a Celebrity.

For the Heroes v Villains my money is on James Clement, Colby or Russell. Russell was brilliant in Samoa and deserved to win it if you ask me.

From the Girls Sugar or Amanda could win. The last 'All-Stars' series was brilliant. The best place to watch it is <SNIP>

Careful now, ringlarryduff, you can't say where the show can be watched online, unless they can be watched there legally...
    I assure you however that there are better places to watch it than what you mentioned...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ringlarryduff

Whoops. All in all it's a great tv show, wherever you watch it.

There's a special episode airing tonight in the US to celebrate 20 seasons of survivor... The Heroes Vs. Villains series starts next week - I've heard it'll be a 2 hour episode next week...

There's a special episode airing tonight in the US to celebrate 20 seasons of survivor... The Heroes Vs. Villains series starts next week - I've heard it'll be a 2 hour episode next week...
    Aye, tis true :)

Unrelated news:
    Meanwhile Crystal from Gabon has been done for drug use:
    http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/2010/01/29/US-track-star-Crystal-Cox-suspended/UPI-56091264806960/

The Surviving Survivor special was very good... Did anyone else watch it?
    It contains a decent preview for the Heroes Vs. Villains season...

Was it a kind of 'documentary' style, or was it more interviews like CBS had on before?

Was it a kind of 'documentary' style, or was it more interviews like CBS had on before?

Bit of both to be honest... There was some great bits where they interviewed Richard Hatch and Russell Hantz at the same time...
    They also had some documentary style bits about Ruperts career and another bit about Ethan and Jenna's relationship and the two of them talking about Ethan's battle with cancer...
    I recommend giving it a look anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Yeah the surviving survivor special was very good (there must of been a 10th anniversary reunion also as the survivors in my facebook friends list have loads of pictures up from it)

It's definitely worth a look as it does a brief synopsis of some of the highlights in the last 19 seasons that have led up to this season.

Well the 2 hour premiere was excellent in my opinion... Good to see all the greats back again... Looks like it'll be a good season, but I'm definitely rooting for the villains, even though I do like the Heroes too...

Well the 2 hour premiere was excellent in my opinion... Good to see all the greats back again... Looks like it'll be a good season, but I'm definitely rooting for the villains, even though I do like the Heroes too...

THIS IS FULL OF SPOILERS UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN THE SEASON PREMIER

Agreed, I really enjoyed the premier, though perhaps they spent a little too long introducing it. I'm willing to give a lot of leeway to an All Stars season though!

Chellenges were both good. I hope they aren't going to have every challenge a repeat from previous seasons, though I have to admit I didn't remember either of this week's ones from before. The first one in particular with the injuries was a great first challenge. Tyson's comments on Colby got a proper lol. Danielle in fairness to her did look pretty weirded out that she managed to dislocate Stephenie's shoulder, but Sandra showed no remorse.

As for the vote, I think it went the right way. I was very scared a certain favourite of mine might have gotten the chop but luckily not this week at least.

Interesting to see some of the relationships forming. I had kind of forgotten Stephenie and Tom played together. For some reason I didn't think Amanda would stick so close to Cirie. Really thought JT and Sugar would stick together more.

On the other side, the comparison between Danielle and Parvati's reactions to Russell's advances was hilarious. Was surprised how Russell's demeanour was different, even on the private cam slots. It seems he might not be the boss he was last season. Randy and Tyson seem very low key, though again it's perhaps just the edit. Coach, still a tool. His relationship with Jerri could be fascinating in a car-crash way though. Sandra and Boston Rob could make an interesting alliance.

Not sure who I'm rotting for tribe wise. I'd usually say villains, and it could just be this weeks editing, but the Heroes are actually more appealing for now, and a more interesting tribe. Maybe when the villains first go to tribal that'll all change though.

The promo they showed for next week looked pretty dramatic too. Kinda
    Hope it's not as bad as it looked for the person in it....

• Advertisement

Really thought JT and Sugar would stick together more.

Why would they though? They weren't in the same season...

Advertisement