Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Season 20 *** Spoilers for TG4 Viewers ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Why would they though? They weren't in the same season...

Supposedly they were an item...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

abelard wrote: »
    Supposedly they were an item...

Oh really? Well if were is the operative word, maybe they don't get on too well anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Brilliant episode, really great start to the season.
    Coach schooling Colby was hilarious (as were Tyson's comments on it).

Promo for next week looks serious though... hope that person is OK, but it doesn't look good. Could just be something like dehydration....

Would they really have shown us who it was, if it were that serious? If that person were to be removed from the game, they wouldn't show us during the promo for next week, would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Would they really have shown us who it was, if it were that serious? If that person were to be removed from the game, they wouldn't show us during the promo for next week, would they?
    Thats what I thought, as it would have counted as the elimination that week if someone goes out for medical reasons doesnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Russell S's incident was shown last season in some promos.

Anyway, great first episode. Sandra FTW! :P. Jerri and Coach - amazing showmance! :D

Anywaay @ the JT + Sugar thing, nothing beats my fave survivor couple: Stephen (Tocantins) + Courtney (China/HvV) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Great season opener. Coach is hilarious as always, although I hope his screen time is limited. There's only so much I can take of his asshattery.

I really hope they increase the amount of commentating done by Tyson. He's by far one of my favorite characters from the last few seasons. That print banana hammock he was running around in and his sarcastic arrogance are always winners.

Have to say, I'm glad to see Sugar go. Her whinging would get old fast, and she doesn't have the death of her father to fall back on this time.

Overall, I'm surprised with myself but I'm gunning for the Heroes. I really do like Tom, Amanda and James Clement.

I think having a snake in the grass only really works when nobody but the audience is aware they are a snake in the grass. Russell was so excellent last season because he was surrounded by sheep that he could play with and prey on. The villains tribe is just a bunch of snakes who know each other. I find it far more interesting to watch the heroes turn into villains, then to watch the villains be themselves.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Great season opener. Coach is hilarious as always, although I hope his screen time is limited. There's only so much I can take of his asshattery.

I really hope they increase the amount of commentating done by Tyson. He's by far one of my favorite characters from the last few seasons. That print banana hammock he was running around in and his sarcastic arrogance are always winners.

Have to say, I'm glad to see Sugar go. Her whinging would get old fast, and she doesn't have the death of her father to fall back on this time.

Overall, I'm surprised with myself but I'm gunning for the Heroes. I really do like Tom, Amanda and James Clement.

I think having a snake in the grass only really works when nobody but the audience is aware they are a snake in the grass. Russell was so excellent last season because he was surrounded by sheep that he could play with and prey on. The villains tribe is just a bunch of snakes who know each other. I find it far more interesting to watch the heroes turn into villains, then to watch the villains be themselves.
    Well the villains didn't know Russell before Heroes vs. Villains, so they don't know the extent of his tricks.

As for Coach, I actually liked him this episode! He was nowhere near as annoying as usual.

Well the villains didn't know Russell before Heroes vs. Villains, so they don't know the extent of his tricks.

I'm not so sure about that. Parvati seemed to know a fair amount about Russell.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about that. Parvati seemed to know a fair amount about Russell.
    Aye, that's the exception, I saw this addressed elsewhere, aparrantly Parvati's really good friends with one of the top casters of survivor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Parvati just isn't gullible.

Glad to see Sugar go too. So high-maintenance.

I agree about Tyson's quips.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

That season opener was epic. Opening challenge was amazing (Stephenie continues to be a beast, the girl is tough as nails). Things that I liked were Boston Rob screwing with Coach, the budding romance between Coach and Jerri, Russell up to his old tricks. I'd love to see Boston Rob or Colby get the win. If I had to put money on one hero and one villain that I think would win, I'd say Cirie and Russell.

Stephenie is annoying as ever, but I think she was gotten rid of far too early. James was totally out of line - he always needs to have the last word!

Aard wrote: »
    James was totally out of line - he always needs to have the last word!

Well he was angrier than usual but I don't think he was out of line. She was mocking his speech as she left saying "y'all".

If someone mocked the way I pronounced something in my Irish accent I'd tell them to shut their mouth also. Stephanie was just bitter and couldn't leave with any dignity.

Dunno what's up with James though. Roid Rage perhaps? You don't get muscles like he has on his neck and back naturally I know that much, not without some sort of steroid, I don't care how many graves he's dug :pac:

Coach had a fantastic line in that episode. Something like;

"Everyone's starting to lose it...*pause*...nearly everyone's starting to lose it - I'm not...*points to his head*..."

I think Stephanie is a b*tch, so glad that she went... Looks like the Heroes tribe are completely falling apart, while the Villains are working really well together...

Looks like the Heroes tribe are completely falling apart, while the Villains are working really well together...

The heroes are just a tribe of egos at the moment. All of them have been self congratulated themselves on how loved and awesome they are and its gone to their heads.

The heroes are excellent to watch, their individual arrogance is going to destroy them.

It could all flip on its head in an instant though with the villians, I'd say as soon as they lose an immunity challenge the lines will be drawn in the sand and they will fracture.

I think Stephanie is a b*tch

I actually like Stephenie. She proved herself to be something of a complete player.

Amanda on the other hand....well it just struck me in that last episode that she has that same oddly disturbing vacancy as Jedward.

Good on Colby and Tom for sticking up for Stephenie. They're good blokes. James was like a roided up nutcase. How are they not getting rid of Rupert?? He's completely useless to them with the broken toe.

Also I wonder
    who was jilted? If they were filmed back-to-back, Russell must have been a very last minute addition, so presumably they had someone else lined up who got the chop!
    [/QUOTE]

Probst said in an interview that Shane Powers got bumped in favour of Russell. Think they should have put Shane in there instead of Randy.

• Advertisement

Probst said in an interview that Shane Powers got bumped in favour of Russell. Think they should have put Shane in there instead of Randy.

Anyone know why Richard Hatch isn't in this season? Is it something to do with his recent jail time?

^Yeah, he wasn't permitted to leave the US...

Him and Danielle would have been interesting together. Didn't they absolutely hate each other?

abelard wrote: »
    Him and Danielle would have been interesting together. Didn't they absolutely hate each other?

To be fair, I think everybody in that season hated Shane! He made for great TV though.

After ep 3, I have an awful feeling, this is gonna turn into Micronesia 2. Jerri and Randy were right,
    they have to start focusing on getting rid of Parvati, and the heroes on voting off Cirie, James and Amanda. The last thing they want is to get to the merge with those 4 still in the game.
    Wasn't a great episode.
    James is continuing to be a real jackass. Can't believe Colby beat Boston Rob in the challenge!

James must be going through something particularly ****; he's acting the bollox.

Btw, spoiler-tags aren't necessary here - there's a warning in the title. Every time I highlight the tags, I do it slowly in case the winner is going to be revealed :\

I thought it was a good episode. James losing it is great TV to watch. I mean he was twice the size and half the age of Randy, yet when he knocks him out he acts like a complete douchebag, throwing his blocker at his head. It wasn't a fair fight so he shouldn't of felt proud about it. It's like punching a woman in the baby maker then raising your hands in victory.

I actually want to see James last in the game to see how far he goes.

This season has been a complete turn around for me. I was rooting for James and didn't want to see much of coach. Now I find coach consistently entertaining, and I hope James gets a complete blindside knockout (would make it better if he had the immunity idol in his pocket to regain his crown :D)

Here's a question, you're on Survivor and sharing a bed with Parvati and she asks you to be in alliance with her? Do you agree?

That girl is like a archetypal femme fatale. She has perfected flirting to an art form. I guarantee she will have Coach wrapped around her finger in no time as well. I'd like to say I wouldn't go into an alliance with her, but I don't know how strong I'd be against those charms. It would be like a Siren beckoning you onto the cliffs.

I also think the reason Parvati dislikes Jerri is because her charms don't work on her. I'd imagine she will be gunning for Jerri next, then she will be able to manipulate Coach all she wants.

@leimrod:
    Speaking of James and hidden idols, I think I saw that his luxury item was indeed the infamous idol from China!

Aard wrote: »
    @leimrod:
    Speaking of James and hidden idols, I think I saw that his luxury item was indeed the infamous idol from China!

Ha, I saw that too. Hopefully somebody tries to play a fake idol this season. It's always good for a laugh. Strange that there's been no mention of a hidden immunity idol yet. Saving it til the merge maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The preview showed them all running around looking for it next week, surprised Russell hasnt been looking yet.

Advertisement