Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Season 20 *** Spoilers for TG4 Viewers ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Thargor wrote: »
    The preview showed them all running around looking for it next week, surprised Russell hasnt been looking yet.

I reckon Russell will find one next week. The guy is an immunity idol magnet...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

And the best thing is nobody knows that, he can start again with a blank slate, maybe the producers will even put them in similar places in the camp this time around again aswell for the entertainment value.

Nice Blindside... Finally the right person got their comeuppance...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Great episode. Way too short though :)

Russell couldn't have been more stupid. "I'm going for a walk." What was he thinking!? It's the oldest line in the book. That stuff might have worked when he was playing with, in his words, "idiots", but this is All Stars Mark II. That kind of talk makes people go to Defcon 5.

Cirie should have kept her mouth shut. Now instead of Candice being gotten rid of,
    she's seemingly defected to Tom and Colby's side.
    With JT in tow, most likely. Unless Amanda rekindles that fleeting alliance with Tom and Colby, she and James are on the outs.

I'm unsure about Rupert. He has the whole "good guy" vibe that I thought would gel with Tom and Colby, but after TC tonight he's pretty much sealed his own fate.

It's all the I'm so noble stuff on the villain side that will be the downfall of many of them... JT, James, Amanda and Candace all seem willing to backstab, but Tom, Colby and Rupert need to get there head out of the clouds or they'll find a knife in their backs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Actually gutted! I know Cirie is a bit of a marmite player but I'm a massive fan. I think she's one of the most intelligent to ever play the game and always made for fantastic viewing once the merge hit.

You could tell it was gonna be her though pretty much from just after the immunity challenge. The downside of having watched 20 seasons is you get used to the editing!

JT's in my bad books now, hope he goes pretty soon!

Cant believe Russell is so dumb this time around. Another brilliant blindside episode, James is my favorite this time out I think, hope he goes far.

Best bit of the episode was oiled up Amanda in the green bikini:

ECAD6D08-9BD9-4274-9471-600EC854FD11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27 imboredstupid

is this on tg4 ?

i have followed the past episodes but didn't realise this has started ?

Not a hope, TG4 is always way behind, this is Season 20, last time I saw Survivor on TG4 I think it was literally 4 or 5 years behind the series I was watching at the time. Fair play to them for getting it though, no other channel in Ireland or the UK seems to have twigged what an awesome programme it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 imboredstupid

Thanks for that. I'll watch it on the net so

• Advertisement

Just looking there I see Survivor Micronesia: Fans vs Favourites only started last month on TG4:

http://www.tg4.ie/bearla/Scei/scei.asp?Dt=2010-2-1

Thats the 16th season and definitely one of the best Survivors if not the best. You lucky fecker you have 3 different series of Survivor to watch and then you can watch the current series, Id give my left testicle for that.

Fairly sure Tocantins was on TG4 just before christmas, which is season 18... Maybe they're only repeating Micronesia...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

First smart move from JT. He really needs another Winner in the final two to even have a hope of getting another million.

Cirie is one of the smartest players in the game. I always wondered how she got into the heroes camp as she manipulates people brilliantly. She just got too loud, too quickly and should of let Candice get the chop. She made a power grab at the worst possible time, when Tom had the idol and could instantly rubbish any votes thrown at him. It meant the votes needed to get rid of her where marginal.

Russell seems to be off the ball. Not noticing the hidden message and then letting Rob read it out to everyone, and then obviously going looking for the Idol (I'm sure the camera crew hovering around him helped :rolleyes:) He really needs to snap out of it. Robs description of him as a "Hobbit on crack" was hilarious :D

Oh, and did anyone else think Jeff was a little more irritated than usual at the tribal? Rupert looked zonked and was just agreeing with whatever Jeff was saying and then he jumped on him like he was mad they weren't acting like heroes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think Cirie was just unlucky in this. She would have gone far if Tom didn't play the idol (good move, by the way...)

Unless Russell can oust Rob Mariano, he will be gone sooner than later. He'll have a tough job convincing his fellow villains to get rid of Rob, though. I think Russell is screwed.

Mr E wrote: »
    I think Cirie was just unlucky in this. She would have gone far if Tom didn't play the idol (good move, by the way...)

They knew Tom was going to play the idol though, which is why they split the votes. You never rock the boat when an alliance is forced to split votes because the number of votes needed to blindside somebody else is usually minute in comparison to an average tribal council where the idol isn't in play.

It was a stupid move by Cirie. I imagine she wanted to keep a strong female alliance like before until she got to the merge and couldn't let Candice get the axe. She should of let Candice get voted off and then formed an alliance herself with Tom and Colby.

Good ep this week, Im glad the heroes keep losing, cant wait to see the strong villains team start tearing themselves apart after the merge aswell. Im not sorry to see Tom go either, he was a bit too self righteous, just hope James's knee heals up now, I want him to win but I dont think he has a hope at this stage, the Villains have only lost Randy. Cant wait to see Russell vs Boston Rob next week.

Doh, no Survivor for 2 weeks :(

Boston Rob is a fool, if he intends to take on Russell, while Russell has the immunity idol...

While I do see that Rob has changed, he's still got that ego.

Russell was clever - I think the risk he took is paying off. He's got Coach and Parvati on his side, so they'll be able to get two others on board too.

If Russell does get to the final again, these 'veteran' Survivors are way more likely to give him the prize than the last bunch.

Because the latest episode "Banana Etiquette" aired a day earlier than usual, I'm gonna spoiler tag this post... but the new episode is already out on the interweb folks - back to Thursday nights next week though... Weird that they changed it, but you've been warned - the spoilery area below does reveal who was voted out...
    Russell Hantz is an absolute legend... That was probably one of the greatest moves in Survivor history - I really thought his number was up for a minute, but that definitely paid off... Sad to see Tyson go, but what a way to go it was... Also sad to see James go, but I guess it was the wise move to make...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Will spoiler this for the same reason as the last post
    Tyson, tyson, tyson *shakes head* That really wasn't very smart. In spite of your "I'm still awesome comment" you've gone down in my estimation.

Remind me, if it had gone to a 3-3(-3) split, it would have been everybody but Russell and Tyson voting again for just one of those 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

I really don't see the need for spoiler tags but I'll follow suit.
    One of the best tribal councils ever. Russell was between a rock and a hard place but once again identified a weakness in an opponent and exploited it to the max. I do think that for him to stay in the game he will need to find another immunity idol pronto or hope the heroes avoid tribal council. I'm not sure I understand Rob's strong desire to get rid of Russell. Ego I guess. I desperately want Sandra out. Can't stand that wench. She's never done anything.

^Only reason for the spoiler tags was because this episode aired on Wednesday, when usually it airs on Thursday - if someone stumbled in not realising the episode had aired a day earlier they may have been spoiled...
    But as it is now past the time the episode would usually air, anyone who stumbles in should know better, so spoilers are no longer necessary...

I really want Russell to win - he's a legend... He made a risky move giving Parvati the immunity idol, but I reckon it paid off... He'll definitely have Parvati and Danielle on side and I reckon he'll have earned Coach's respect... Not to mention the guy is an immunity idol magnet, so if another one is put in to play, I have no doubt he'll find it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'd love nothing more than to see Russell win myself. I think it will be some accomplishment for him to make the merge though. As things stand he doesn't have the numbers to make it. How many weeks til a likely merge? I don't know if Coach will be able to move past his dislike of Parvati. I don't doubt that Russell will have gained his respect with the bold move of handing over the idol but I think it will take something else to make Coach switch camps. Maybe if Russell targets one of the non-players like Courtney Coach would come on board?

The immunity idol will make things interesting again though. We don't know who will receive the clue or how it will come into play. Hopefully this time around it won't be another botch job with everyone on the tribe knowing about it!

It seems unlikely he'll make it to the merge - then again I thought he was a goner tonight... I think if he actually made it to the final, he'd win... The Samoa bunch were stupid and couldn't see he played an excellent game... These players are the best of the best (except for Sandra and Courtney obviously) and I think no matter what personal feelings they have they'll award the person with the best gameplay - and so far that has been Russell...

Thanks for the original spoilers, Cap'n :) I hadn't realised it was a Wednesday air.

I'd reckon that, though he's unlikely to admit it, Rob has raised his opinion of Russell. If he put his ego aside, the two of them could come together to dominate the game. Unlikely to happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

It seems unlikely he'll make it to the merge - then again I thought he was a goner tonight... I think if he actually made it to the final, he'd win... The Samoa bunch were stupid and couldn't see he played an excellent game... These players are the best of the best (except for Sandra and Courtney obviously) and I think no matter what personal feelings they have they'll award the person with the best gameplay - and so far that has been Russell...
    Sandra's one of my fave winners ever, and I think she can go all the way this time again. She has a wonderful strategy which is truly very effective. I also love her outbursts <3. "I CAN GET LOUD TOO!!!" <3. As for Courtney, her comments were a good part of China, she provided us with some pretty funny stuff :D

I think Russell can now go far. He can get people to swing (Hello Coach), and Coach has a friend (Hello Jerri). Sandra will stick with the majority no matter what. Nice. Although my issue is Parvati. I'm not sure some people would be comfortable teaming with her, she really seems to be a hate figure in the camp, and she could be the factor that prevents Coach/Jerri from flipping (that is if Russell tries to work them and doesnt use the idol approach)

As for Tyson. Micronesia Spoiler:
    Erik R just lost his title.
    Congrats Tyson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mickalis

Thank you God that there's somewhere I can talk about Survivor! None of my mates watch it and this Season is on fire!! First of all Russell is the God damn King of Survivor! Such a good player! This episode "Banana Eth" was unbelievably tense!! Show would not have been as good if Russell had been voted off! Was a really good play cause now Pav is (hopefully) gonna be loyal to him now and Coach might flip over to Russell cause of what he did with the idol!

As for the other players: Even though James was injured Codys' attitude sucks ass! And his game has been pretty much below poor from the get go! I don't get why Sandra is even on this show?!??! She SUCKS!! Hasn't done a thing at all, totally coasting! And I'm so glad Cerie is gone!!! She was irritating as hell, even though she had a good 'outwit game'. Can't wait for next episode!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

russel is the legend of survivor every move he made: perfect

he had no chance there but he did it

on the sandra being good likeable point i just don't see it short of the coat-tail riding in the last series she skrikes me as one of the least deserving winners

they have to put back in the idol or rus will be in trouble tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Tristram wrote: »
    I really don't see the need for spoiler tags but I'll follow suit.
    [deSPOILER]
    One of the best tribal councils ever. Russell was between a rock and a hard place but once again identified a weakness in an opponent and exploited it to the max. I do think that for him to stay in the game he will need to find another immunity idol pronto or hope the heroes avoid tribal council. I'm not sure I understand Rob's strong desire to get rid of Russell. Ego I guess. I desperately want Sandra out. Can't stand that wench. She's never done anything.[/SPOILER]

russel is a villan believe it or not

also + 1,000,000 on sandra

• Advertisement

wow.. what a move by Russell. Best moment for me was seeing Rob eat his words and look completely confused at what had just happened.

I don't actually think Tysons move was stupid. I probably would of done the same thing in that position. Rob was gambling with Tysons safety, Russell only needed 1 vote to flip and he'd of been able to get enough votes to get Tyson ousted.

What Tyson assumed, understandably as well, was that Russell would never give up the Idol. I'd of assumed this also. So he flipped his vote, expecting Russell to save his hide and then the majority of votes would go to Parvati nullifying any need for a re-vote.

Under normal circumstances this should of worked. Which is why Russells move has to be one of, if not the best moves in the game ever. He definitely would of outwitted me with it. It was Kamikaze and completely broke the standard decorum of the tribal council.

Like with Russell searching for the Idols without clues last season, this seasons he's also showing an exceptional ability for lateral thinking.

In some cases, the best move may be to go all in on a 2-7 split.

Advertisement