Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Season 20 *** Spoilers for TG4 Viewers ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Airs thursday night in the US so its usually available from your American cousins the next morning, God knows when/if TG4 will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

JT

YOU
    ARE
    A
    DOPE

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Dunno if they made the right move voting Courtney out before Sandra... Although at least the villain alliance now have two idols in their posession - that's gonna come in handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Yeah voting out Courtney before Sandra wasn't clever. Sandra has Rupert, whereas Courtney only had Amanda on the other side. My guess would be that if Amanda flipped, Parvati would be one of that new alliance along with Courtney, and they could get Danielle and Candice in too. Russell as a sixth would give numbers and two idols. I don't know why Parvati didn't let Danielle in on her little plan; Courtney would be going soon otherwise anyway, and it would have helped solidify the former two's alliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Was so funny after Colby jumped in the water and the camera just zoomed in on Russell giving that evil smile while lightning goes off in the background and it starts pouring. You can't script TV like that.
    Parvati is really in charge of this game. She's smart as hell and I can see her casting Russell off as soon as she doesn't need him anymore. Or she might take him to the end, cos he'd take all the hits from the jury and she'd get the votes. Looking forward to the merge. It was a bad idea to keep Sandra around instead of Courtney, cos Sandra is a great player and will start making big moves after the merge. She could screw up Russell and Parvati's plans.

• Advertisement

Never want this season to end... That was F$#*ing epic...

This is so funny that I'm starting to think it's all scripted.

Even if it did turn out the whole thing was scripted - its still quality TV so I wouldn't care... I know it isn't scripted though...
    Just hope Russell isn't gonna did a hole for himself... Althought the promo for next week
    suggests Russell is in danger and if there's one thing that I've noticed about these promos is that they try to throw us off by making us think Russell's in danger, but he'll actually be safe...

Think that was a great play by Parvati though...

ahahaha.

Great play at tribal council. The person who got voted off fully deserved it for their stupidity. Though i guess it's kind of ironic that if the heroes had struck by their original plan they actually could have forced it to a tie. Lesson - Amanda cannot lie for sh1t.

Promo looks good for next week, though as Captain Negative said above, they usually do everything they can to throw us off the scent.

I want to see one of Parvati, Candice or Sandra win at this stage. As much as I can respect Russell's game, I just can't like him. I wouldn't be upset if things panned out how the promo makes them look (unlikely as that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Completely forgot to post here in recent weeks. Excellent season.

My love for Sandra continues to grow, and I was really upset Courtney went last week :(

This week was amazing though, excellent move by Parv :).

As for the heroes... you know your tribe is dumb when Rupert's the voice of reason :pac:

Anyway, you all should check out the Ponderosa videos [the vids from where the jurors stay while waiting for the end], they're brilliant. Coach and Courtney are hilarious :D.

As for next week @ CN
    I'd assume Russell is safe. Whenever a fan favourite is said to be under pressure, they generally stay.

• Advertisement

Jesus this is epic, by far my favorite tv show of all time.

Following in the footsteps of Richard Hatch it seems...

Does anyone else get the feeling that Parvati's move was a little too good in this episode? She knew that either Jerri or Sandra were being targeted. How?? I think a lot must have happened in camp that we didn't get to see. Amanda must be the worst liar on the face of the planet. How has she made it to the end twice? If the heroes had thought sensibly they could have ousted Russell here. After Parvati stepped down in the challenge, they knew she had an idol. Which meant that Russell was lying to them. But nobody realises this! The villains wouldn't have expected a vote against Russell and he would have gone. Bloody JT was so gung ho about trusting him that he screwed them all. Can't believe Rupert is the most strategically aware of all the heroes. They really are screwed!
    This season just keeps delivering. Unreal stuff again.

Good point about Jerri, although you could tell by her expression that she was blown away by it aswell so maybe Parvatis just a bit of a Survivor genius. Very little mention of Russell breaking a swear on his childrens lives compared to similar incidents in other seasons aswell, bit of a scummy thing to do but I suppose he got what he wanted, maybe next week at the start when they get back into camp t'll come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cavinio

hey!..just stumbled along this thread..so happy feels like im only one watches survivor! esp us pace anyways..anyone see last nights ep yet?, too many idols for my liking now..
    shame about amanda going, would like to see her make her third final tribal!
    :(

very glad that wagon is gone... its about time - the way she acted on the reward challenge was ridiculous...

Russell and Parvati going tit-for-tat with idols is ridiculous.

Now would be an opportune time for Jerri, Sandra, and Candice to team up with Rupert and Colby (who really have nowhere else to turn), and get rid of one of Russell, Danielle, or Parvati. They can't get enough idols to save themselves, and they won't see it coming, especially after Sandra and Candice's votes last night.

Aard wrote: »
    Russell and Parvati going tit-for-tat with idols is ridiculous.

Now would be an opportune time for Jerri, Sandra, and Candice to team up with Rupert and Colby (who really have nowhere else to turn), and get rid of one of Russell, Danielle, or Parvati. They can't get enough idols to save themselves, and they won't see it coming, especially after Sandra and Candice's votes last night.

Had just been thinking that it might be really in Sandra, Candice and Jerri's best interests to work together. I don't know if Jerri realises she is on the bottom of the villain alliance though (I'm not caunting Sandra or Candice who I'd now class as floaters).

The one thing that could really change the game is when Parvati makes a move against Russell. He will stop at nothing to get rid of someone who he feels is a threat. I can't help but think that they're going to end up at odds in the next few episodes.

Ideally now I'd like to see it eventually come down to Parvati v Sandra

Why in the hell did Colby even bother coming back this season? He's been so useless, its unbelievabe. He's not playing this game at all. At least Amanda fought for the clue. The heroes desperately needed it. Colby just sat his lazy ass on the bed eating popcorn and then sided with Danielle. At the start of the game I wanted Rob or Colby to win. Now I just want Colby out cos he's wasting space in the game. I'm starting to feel that Russell, Danielle and Parvati are never gonna be taken out. Sandra is the only one smart enough to stop them, but she doesn't have the numbers to do it. If Jerri and Candice had brains, they'd go with her, cos there is no way Russell is gonna take them ahead of his girls. And please god, no more hidden immunity idols in this game. It's getting ridiculous now.

• Advertisement

And please god, no more hidden immunity idols in this game. It's getting ridiculous now.
    This +1000. I mean seriously it's like the producers are handing idols to Russell at this stage. I wouldnt be surprised if he was handed one going out of Tribal Council :P. Hopefully in the future HII's become less common, and even removed from the game, although this won't happen due to Russell's popularity with the American people :rolleyes:

I think they're necessary, without them there to act as wildcards the show could sink into a very repetitive format of one alliance getting the upper hand in numbers and lying around on the beach all day until they go to Tribal to pick off another one of the smaller crowd, that would have happened twice already this season and last season aswell if they hadnt been there to shake things up, plus they're resonsible for 3 or 4 of the greatest episodes of Survivor ever so far in the last 2 seasons :p

Its just because Russell is so good with them that it seems like there are too many, if they were distributed more randomly it would probably be better alright.

Fantastic episode this week. Russell's really starting to lose it I think. How does he expect to get a single jury vote?? And he's just alienated his biggest ally. Trying to bully Parvati is a terrible idea. He's got to remember he's not playing with idiots this season. Sandra has got herself into a very good position with her secret idol (and managing to stay out of all the conflicts in this episode). Colby continues to suck beyond belief (stepping down in the first challenge for some donuts, when your ass is on the line, WTF dude???). Impressed that Rupert actually made a really good move this week with the fake idol.
    Only one more episode to go before the finale. Predictions?

Good episode alright... Nice to see the main alliance crumbled... I think Russell was right to break up Parvati and Danielle, because they would've blindsided him if he didn't get rid of them... I think Russell, Jerri, Rupert and Colby should allign against Parvati and Sandra and vote out Sandra... Then I reckon Russell and Jerri should re-allign with Parvati and get rid of Colby and Rupert...
    Is it final 2 or 3 this year?
    I wanna see Russell win it, but if he doesn't I hope Jerri or Rupert get it... Parvati and Sandra have won before, so don't wanna see them win again and Colby doesn't deserve it after his performance this season...

I think its a final 3 this year because then there will be 9 on the jury. It leaves 1 elimination next week and 2 eliminations in the finale. Thats usually the way it goes in seasons with 20 players.
    I think Parvati or Sandra deserve the win. They played the best all round games. Russell does not stand a chance of winning this game. He wouldn't get a single vote. I think the jury would see through Colby. Rupert might have a good shot because he upped his game in the last couple of weeks. And he would prob get votes from JT and Amanda (and Colby and Sandra if they were on the jury, probably Coach too). Jerri is a coat tail rider and thats not gonna be rewarded this season. (Although she's got Coach's vote!)
    Personally, I'm hoping Sandra wins.

Can't wait for the next episode :D. Go Sandra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

jesus did ya hear colby roarin at his brother.. if he spent less time shouting and more time actualy doing the task! he should be long with his preformance all season..
    was raging she used it in the end.. wouldv'e been nice to see Rupert win again, he played a game true to himself.

i think im in love with Parvatti .. but want Rus to win as i only got into this show in season 19 because of him.

Even if she didn't use the idol, Rupert would have gone. The only people to vote for her were him and Colby.

Ha love the way Russell looked so "shocked" when Sandra played the idol. Gotta love the editors!

Rupert's stare of death at the end - directed at Russell or Sandra? My money's on Russell, Rupert must have copped Russell turned on him again.

Russell, Parvati and Sandra would be a fantastic final three. Cut the chaff of Colby and Jerri at this stage. Hopefully Jerri to go next, then Colby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I watched the whole season so far in the last 2 days as I'm sick. Great seeing it all in one go.

I never liked Jerri before but I actually would like to see a final 3 of Sandra, Colby and Sandra. I hate hate hate Parvati and have hated her since she first appeared on Survivor. I don't like Russell either. I think I tend to go for the good guys in Survivor. :o Jerri hasn't shown herself to be that much of a villain this season. I don't care who wins as long as it's not Parvati or Russell. I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed. :(

Advertisement