Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Season 20 *** Spoilers for TG4 Viewers ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How could you hate Parvati? Shes one of the sexiest women Ive ever seen on television.

Cant wait for the final, another great season, cant believe another year of it is over already it feels like it just started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

Thargor wrote: »
    How could you hate Parvati? Shes one of the sexiest women Ive ever seen on television.

Cant wait for the final, another great season, cant believe another year of it is over already it feels like it just started.

Only another female could hate her.. and it would be pure jealousy why.

Aard wrote: »
    Even if she didn't use the idol, Rupert would have gone. The only people to vote for her were him and Colby.

Didn't Russel vote for him.. if he didn't was a good move cos she did have and use an idol... but he wasn't to know or even suspect she had it, why would he change his vote.. he would have been much better off with Sandra gone.

janeybabe wrote: »
    I watched the whole season so far in the last 2 days as I'm sick. Great seeing it all in one go.

I never liked Jerri before but I actually would like to see a final 3 of Sandra, Colby and Sandra. I hate hate hate Parvati and have hated her since she first appeared on Survivor. I don't like Russell either. I think I tend to go for the good guys in Survivor. :o Jerri hasn't shown herself to be that much of a villain this season. I don't care who wins as long as it's not Parvati or Russell. I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed. :(

lol Parvatti and Russel are the two most deserving of winning... how could u justify Colby or Jerry.. now Rupert i would have loved to see win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thargor wrote: »

It's her voice and her attitude that I don't like. As I said, I seem to like nice people.
    molloyjazz wrote: »
    Only another female could hate her.. and it would be pure jealousy why.
    Yeah, it's always jealously when a woman doesn't like another woman. ;)
    molloyjazz wrote: »
    lol Parvatti and Russel are the two most deserving of winning... how could u justify Colby or Jerry.. now Rupert i would have loved to see win again.

As I said, I like nice people. :)

• Advertisement

Didnt realise you were female, even so you'd have to admire her if you're a fan of Survivor, she's good at the alliance building, she's good at challenges and she doesnt fall for bullsh1t the way the other morons do, I hope she wins now, Im switching from Russell because I think he's just too up his own ass at this stage, and he didnt learn any lessons from why the jury didnt vote for him on his first season.

Colby is so useless its hilarious at this stage, cant wait to see him explain it on the reunion. Do you notice he's allowed bring a huge flag of Texas as his personal item thats basically a free waterproof tarp for his teams shelter? He had it on his last season aswell. Thats like bringing a firelighting kit or a fishing rod as your personal item.

I agree with you that Parvati is a good player. Unfortunately I just can't make myself like her.

I didn't even notice the luxury items but I remember the flag from the last season he was in. Tbh fair play to him! I'd do the same if I could. But then, perhaps his close friendship with Jeff had something to do with it.

I think I'm leaning towards wanting Sandra to win. She has at least done something.

janeybabe wrote: »
    I agree with you that Parvati is a good player. Unfortunately I just can't make myself like her.

I didn't even notice the luxury items but I remember the flag from the last season he was in. Tbh fair play to him! I'd do the same if I could. But then, perhaps his close friendship with Jeff had something to do with it.

I think I'm leaning towards wanting Sandra to win. She has at least done something.

I love her..

yeah Sandra would be a good candidate, she's certainly playing a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Of the five left, I don't think the jury would give votes to Colby or Jerri. It'd make sense then for either Parvati, Russell, or Sandra to side with them and vote the others out. Assuming there's a final three, and not two.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

I think Parvati probably deserves it the most. She's the best player ever, so she's deserving of being the only person to win the game twice. I'll be happy if its her or Sandra. Can't wait to see it now. Pity its over after tonight. Wonder what the location for 21 will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can't wait for the finale... Debating whether to stay up late tonight or to wait until tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Spoiler just in case.....
    Sandra is just brilliant.

Russell is actually delusional.

Is Russell completely out of his mind?? He basically admitted in the reunion that he's playing a different game. He doesn't try to win jury votes. He just trys to get to the end. Good luck finishing runner up every time buddy. Best part of the show was Rob saying he'd gladly go back and kick Russell's ass all over the Island. And Erik got robbed in the Dumbest Survivor award!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Same **** different season. Better to be lucky than good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cavinio

Courtney was right a while back, Russell is a troll! Pure and simple..really happy with the result, hope we dont have to wait to many years for another allstars..micronesia and this have been in my top 5 seasons..

I actually hated Sandra up until this episode, but I think it was a fair enough win, although ultimately Parvati played the best game. Ya still gotta love Russell though. I'd love to see him on Big Brother US this summer - that'd be awesome...

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Amazing results. My favourite winner ever does it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Parvati deserved to win... Out of the final 3, she played the best social, physical and strategic game. Sandra played in everyones shadow - didnt deserve it, in my opinion.

Russell was great fun to watch during the season, but came across as incredibly unlikeable in the final Tribal and the reunion show. His arrogance meant he didn't get one single vote, and he still couldn't see why. Between Rupert and Russell, I really wanted Rupert to win the fan favourite award.

Great season overall. Roll on Nicaragua - with something that may surprise them all? Interesting.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Mr E wrote: »
    Sandra played in everyones shadow - didnt deserve it, in my opinion.

Russell was great fun to watch during the season, but came across as incredibly unlikeable in the final Tribal and the reunion show. His arrogance meant he didn't get one single vote, and he still couldn't see why. Between Rupert and Russell, I really wanted Rupert to win the fan favourite award.

Great season overall. Roll on Nicaragua - with something that may surprise them all? Interesting.... :)

Deserve doesn't really come into it. I guess it's human nature that if someone who "played" the game goes up against someone who did SFA the jury members are going to vote for the latter. Annoying as hell.

I never watch the Reunion episode past the winner announcement, who won the fan favourite?

Tristram wrote: »
    I never watch the Reunion episode past the winner announcement, who won the fan favourite?

Russell beat Rupert in the fan favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You should watch the reunion... it was actually good this year.

Enjoyed this season. Looking forward to the next.

I wish Russell hadnt gotten anything, I hated him by the end, he used to be my favorite. Wish it was Parvati that had won, I thought she'd swayed the jury at final tribal when she pointed out hers was the best game. agree that it was a good reunion and agree that it was one of the best series ever, I nearly pissed myself when all 3 were going for the necklace at the same time in the blindfold challenge.

Only 3-4 months to the next one :p

I hope the next season won't disappoint in comparison - we knew all these players from previous seasons, so we knew beforehand what to expect... It'll be weird going back to a bunch of newbies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mickalis

I loved this season at the start of it but as it dragged on I really started to dislike it. Don't get me wrong I love Survivor but towards the end I just thought it was a joke. Russell should have won last season and he should have also one this season. Sandra is a joke of a player and everything Russell said at the Reunion about her was so true. She could never get rid of him and as far as her game plan was....WHAT game plan?? She didn't outwit or outplay anyone!!! She only outlasted just cause she sucked!! And I did like Ruprecht from the past seasons but this season made him come across as a complete tool. He was quick to call Russell a disgrace, bad person bla bla bla at the Reunion and give him lots of dirty looks but he was fine teaming up with him, joking with him and all that when it was in his interest. And when he gets dumped he's all 'oh you spat in my cornflakes'. For seasoned veterans to the game they sure did whinge and whine when they were voted off and blindsided eg Danielle. It's Survivor, stop holding a grudge and recognise that Russell made a good move to break up her and Pav. Guess it's no secret that I was a fan of Russell :) haha. Sorry for the rant. Really looking forward to a new season when no one knows each others game. And as for Colby I did think his excuse for sucking this season was pretty good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Russell, again, throws the rattler out of the pram at the Reunion. I think he's delusional: not only could he not answer Jeff's direct question; he didn't seem to understand why not pissing the jury off might matter. He needs a good dose of jury-membership to bring him back down to earth!

I had hoped Jerri would win. I really liked her this season (as opposed to her previous two), and while perhaps not having the most refined gameplay, she certainly made some moves.

Of the actual Final Three, though, Parvati should have won. I get the feeling a lot of people don't like her because she's got it all - looks, intelligence, wit, and self-conciousness. I wouldn't be surprised if there had been a spiteful vote or two against her.

Excellent post Aard. I totally agree with you about Russell. He is a terrible player, and he can never win this game. The jury is made up of real people not robots. If you treat them badly it will come back to haunt you. Russell is a delusional sore loser, and has prooven this to us twice now. He does play well for getting to the end, but what he lacks is the ability to perceive emotions, something incredibly important in the game of survivor.

I feel Sandra did play well this game. She knew who to go with to keep herself alive in the game and that's the most important thing. She also knew what way to go to ensure she had jury votes at the end. It was also clear when she helped get rid of Coach earlier in the game she was able to make good strategic moves - closing in on Russell's weak point - his paranoia. Finally, she knew her audience perfectly at Final Tribal council. She already had Courtney's vote guaranteed - so she just had to play to the heroes and emphasize how she tried to save them to get their votes, and that she skilfully did.

Parvati would also definitely have been a worthy winner in my opinion, while Jerri would've beaten any of the final 4 in the final 3.

Feels like theres something missing from my weekend without Survivor to look forward to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I'd very much defend Sandra as well, I think it could have gone either way between herself and Parvati, and either would have deserved it.

Parvati is a fantastic long term planner by the looks of it, but Sandra excels on a vote-by-vote basis, making sure she's where she needs to be each time. She always leaves herself room for options and manoeuvre. Also, she never seems to commit herself too much to anyone so people can always come to her and try use her. I mean, she was even able to get away with telling Russell outright she was against him, and he knew there was nothing he could do about it as in the end he needed her. Her final tribal strategy was perfect too.

One thing I noticed - did it seem like most of the Survivors actually didn't really enjoy themselves by the end of this season? Parvati didn't really seem to care too much at the final tribal, Colby never really gave a damn, Amanda looked miserable, Candice looked bored, even Rupert didn't seem to be having much fun. I wonder if it was something to do with the location, or camp, or just the group dynamics.

Since it looks like seasons are being filmed back to back in the same location (ie Seasons 21 and 22 will be shot one after the other in the same place) from now on to save on production costs, is it likely Season 22 will be another 'gimmick' season or another season with returning castaways. I've been wondering for a long time if they might do an 'underdog' season or something, bringing back people who were voted out before tribal merges for a second chance....could be interesting. Or they could just end up doing another all stars with some sort of different twist.

• Advertisement

abelard wrote: »

Since it looks like seasons are being filmed back to back in the same location (ie Seasons 21 and 22 will be shot one after the other in the same place) from now on to save on production costs, is it likely Season 22 will be another 'gimmick' season or another season with returning castaways. I've been wondering for a long time if they might do an 'underdog' season or something, bringing back people who were voted out before tribal merges for a second chance....could be interesting. Or they could just end up doing another all stars with some sort of different twist.

Yeah, I agree, a second chance season would be awesome! So many potentially amazing survivors went out early :(

Advertisement