Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Help

• 22-12-2009 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hey,

Was wondering can someone explain difference between Golf GTi and Golf GT tsi?

I am 22 and i know for a fact a 2008 GTi no point because insurance.
    Was wondering is the Golf Gt tsi any different thinking 1.4 140 hp insurance wise...or should i give up on the idea of GT.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Moved to main motors forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

GT spec is either a 170 brake 2 litre turbo diesel or 1.4 turbo and supercharged petrol. The GT sport is a spec that replaced sportline that has the 1.4 turbo in 122 or 140 brake. The GTI is a 2 litre turbo petrol only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

GT and GT Sport were trim levels on the MkV Golf, TSi is the insignia for VW's direct injected, force induced petrol engines:

TSi - 122bhp - 1.4 litre turbo charged
    TSi - 140bhp - 1.4 litre turbo charged
    TSi - 170bhp - 1.4 litre turbo and supercharged

media?id=8729618&width=400&height=300

The GTi is a 2.0 litre turbo charged hot hatch with 200bhp:

media?id=9044317&width=400&height=300

Insurance companies also go by bhp rather than just capacity, the 170bhp 1.4 TSi is also loaded though not quite as high as the GTi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

The 140 tsi is turbo and supercharged as well. They also attract higher insurance:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Robb

Alright Cheers :) Yea thats annoying with the insurance...will ask before I get I get one.

What about the Hondo Civic Typse s say a 2008 think thats a good buy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

To me anyway what lets the civic down is road noise and suspension thud. Otherwise I'd go for one in a heartbeat. It's because of a weight saving regime Honda were on but really takes away from the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 theocn

Robb wrote: »
    Hey,

Was wondering can someone explain difference between Golf GTi and Golf GT tsi?

I am 22 and i know for a fact a 2008 GTi no point because insurance.
    Was wondering is the Golf Gt tsi any different thinking 1.4 140 hp insurance wise...or should i give up on the idea of GT.

Cheers

I have a 122bhp model which I bought new in '08, really nice to drive and having road tested the 140bhp at the time, found very little difference in performance.
    Unfortunately going to have to sell it in the new year, so if you're interested or would like any further info, you can pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Robb

EPM wrote: »
    To me anyway what lets the civic down is road noise and suspension thud. Otherwise I'd go for one in a heartbeat. It's because of a weight saving regime Honda were on but really takes away from the car

What you mean the suspension thud?

I think the design looks alright abit futuristic but the inside looks savage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I'm 22...wish I had enough money to be considering a 08 car!!!

The Golf GTI can be insured, and next year it should drop quite a bit. Try 123.ie

Advertisement