Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Car Alert OCTAVIA SILVER 09 D 8011 8am Tuesday morning.

• 22-12-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Would really appreciate if everyone in Dublin (west) would look out for this.

An elderly gentleman I know parked his car outside a butchers in Dublin 20 PALMERSTOWN this morning and someone hopped in and drove off. Needless to say, keys in ignition and engine running doesnt bade well for an insurance claim.

Anyone that spots this PLEASE call the cops or pm me.

SKODA OCTAVIA 09 D 8011 SILVER

Any help for this guy is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭kravmaga

I take it the owner has reported it stolen to Police.

They have ANPR now so with plenty of check points around at XMAS you never know.

As the car is new I would imagine plates will be changed or car will be moved abroad.

Its an expensive lesson learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Any other details, does it have alloys, interior trim colour, garage sticker and is it the hatchback or saloon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

Why would anyone steal a Skoda?! Must be some drag addict :(

Anyhow, sorry to owner. I'll keep my eye on every 09 Octavia. It coul also be parked somewhere here.

Looking at mywheels it's a DSG model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

pcardin wrote: »
    Why would anyone steal a Skoda?!

Sounds more like an opportunist I'd say. Hope he gets it back. Sickener

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Couldn't swear it's the same one, but at about 8:20 this morning, southbound on the M50 a silver 09 D 8... something Octavia veered across me from the overtaking lane and went up the offramp at either junction 11 or 12. I specifically remember that it was an Octavia because I was surprised that it wasn't an...other marque. I was actually trying to get the reg so's that I could ring TrafficWatch but didn't see beyond the 8. I think it might have been junction 11 because I was thinking they'd been advertising that junction for over a kilometer and it was a bit f***ing late to get the urge to get off there.

Don't know if that's any use, sorry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

All I know about it is its a 1.9 and maybe a turbo diesel.

The old guy as shocked. Its quite a quiet street, Manor Rd in Palmerstown.

Everyone please keep a look out. I feel quite sorry for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

why on God's sweet earth would someone steal a Skoda?

Thoie wrote: »
    Couldn't swear it's the same one, but at about 8:20 this morning, southbound on the M50 a silver 09 D 8... something Octavia veered across me from the overtaking lane and went up the offramp at either junction 11 or 12. I specifically remember that it was an Octavia because I was surprised that it wasn't an...other marque. I was actually trying to get the reg so's that I could ring TrafficWatch but didn't see beyond the 8. I think it might have been junction 11 because I was thinking they'd been advertising that junction for over a kilometer and it was a bit f***ing late to get the urge to get off there.

Don't know if that's any use, sorry :(

Thats quite interesting. Dont suppose you could think about which junction it may have come off on.....

May take a drive around tonight.

Barname wrote: »

Really useful comment there, an old guy has his 09car stolen and you crack jokes:(

• Advertisement

Really useful comment there, an old guy has his 09car stolen and you crack jokes:(

no, its the first line of logic in my linear detective work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

+1

Can do the idiot bit in After Hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Perhaps your car might get stolen sometime and you can ask "Why did someone steal my car"
    A car is a car to to a thief.;)

I know
    I had two stolen in my time :mad:

vectra wrote: »
    Perhaps your car might get stolen sometime and you can ask "Why did someone steal my car"
    A car is a car to to a thief.;)

I know
    I had two stolen in my time :mad:

why on God's sweet earth would someone steal a Vectra?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

You must not know much about skodas barname. They are nothing like the ones of the seventies with their engines in the back. They are fast cars cause some of them have the audi tt engines in them while others have fast vw engines, so are sought after.People don't laugh at skodas any more.

EPM wrote: »
    Sounds more like an opportunist I'd say. Hope he gets it back. Sickener

I think so aswell. It was sitting outside a butchers at 8am in the morning. It couldn't have been targeted so definately an opportunist. I might take a spin around tonight and see what I can find but its a big area.

Thats really interesting about the car being driven erratically at 8.20.

Must ring Tallaght station and ask them to keep a look out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Infracted. Please don't post any more crap in this thread.

If keys are left in the ignition of a car and an opportunist thief is walking by he will take the car doesn't matter if it's an BMW M5 or a Lada Riva, if it's easy to take it's gone, it's worth something to someone and so will be taken, Skoda's included...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Well,
    What I can tell you is that my Vectra was stolen to use in an armed robbery at a petrol station 25 miles away and when I got it back it had 2,700 Pounds worth of damage.
    That was the end of that being my pride and joy :(

So as the story goes.
    If a thief wants it they will take it for no matter what reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

unfortunately the thief has probably swapped the plates :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Thats quite interesting. Dont suppose you could think about which junction it may have come off on.....

May take a drive around tonight.
    Thats really interesting about the car being driven erratically at 8.20.

Just to point out, it might have been A car - a lot of people drive erratically on the M50 sadly. I'll PM you with anything else I can think of, but you've pretty much got the extent of my knowledge right there. I'd place a good bet that it was a male driving. It would have come up from behind me (the left lane was going about 50kph, the right lane a bit faster at the time - maybe 70kph - it was a surprisingly light traffic day) so no idea what junction they joined at I'm afraid, and I don't know if they were heading right or left when they exited.

I often see the same mad cars doing the same mad things each day, so will keep an eye out tomorrow as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭cascade35

If the scumbag that stole the car has not changed the plates the reg on the car is very easy to remember lads, 09 D 8011 = 09 D BOIL, if the word boil stays in your memory while your driving through Dublin today and the car passes you will spot it hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'll be all around Blanchardstown this evening and I'll keep an eye out for it.

If you are going to look for it you should be able to drive into most car parks and then drive out again with no charge if you explain the situation to the security guard. Unfortunately if it's been handed over to someone used to stealing cars, it could be in a lockup or plates swapped. :(

Did you try check the Moriarty security cameras?

I'll be all around Blanchardstown this evening and I'll keep an eye out for it.

If you are going to look for it you should be able to drive into most car parks and then drive out again with no charge if you explain the situation to the security guard. Unfortunately if it's been handed over to someone used to stealing cars, it could be in a lockup or plates swapped. :(

Did you try check the Moriarty security cameras?

It wasnt in the shopping centre. It was on MANOR RD which is just off the N4 opposite what used to be the shell station on the Palmerstown By-pass.

For what its worth, everyone please keep an eye out.

Advertisement