Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skin/lips in cold weather

• 22-12-2009 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

My lips are in bits since the weather got really cold lately, slapping on the carmex every few hours. So far my skin is okay. Any of you suffering the cold weather? What do you use to protect your skin/lips?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

My lips always get really bad in cold weather. So much that my mum has been convinced several times that I'm wearing lipstick and lip liner, but it's just how bad my lips go.
    They always end up totally cracked and dry.
    I generally use vaseline, but find that can make it worse sometimes.
    Might give carmex a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

kateos2 wrote: »
    My lips always get really bad in cold weather. So much that my mum has been convinced several times that I'm wearing lipstick and lip liner, but it's just how bad my lips go.
    They always end up totally cracked and dry.
    I generally use vaseline, but find that can make it worse sometimes.
    Might give carmex a try.

Definitely do give Carmex a go, Vaseline wrecked my lips, Carmex is the only thing that really works for me. Blistex is good enough too but keep away from Vaseline.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

burts bees lip balm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

elizabeth arden 8 hour cream
    also use a sally hansen thing for chapped lips that comes in a gold stick type thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Styleiser

Stay clear of vaseline, it does more damage than good...I use Carmex too, love the flavour. Recently tried the new cherry flavour but prefer the original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I swear by Carmex as well - I have original, strawberry and cherry flavour :)
    My hands and skin get very dry - so use E45 hand cream and body lotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

i know exactly what you mean, my lips get torn to shreds as soon as there's the slightest hint of cold weather :( i go to singing lessons every week & work in a job where i deal with the public so it's kind of embarassing to have cracked, peeling & bleeding lips.

i try my best not to lick them and drink lots of water in the winter time. i also try to make sure my lips are covered by a scarf if there's a cold wind blowing.

i've tried a ton of different lip balms, labello, vaseline, carmex, burts bees etc! the one that works best for me is the palmer's coco butter one or just the palmers coco butter cream directly, it really moisturises instead of sliding all over my lips (works great on dry skin too if your knuckles are prone to cracking in cold weather like mine!). i apply it constantly during the day when winter arrives and it really helps :) you can buy it in boots.

Silcocks Base is also very good. Only about €5 for a big tub that will last a month or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Elizabeth Arden at night on my lips, and the skin on my browbones which gets really dry for some reason, then during the day I use La Roche Posay Ceralip. It's awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

i think the blistex that you get in the tube is the best, its like a lotion. My doctor reccommended la roche posey products for my skin, but haven't tried them.
    I like the aveeno moisturiser a lot.

• Advertisement

The latest from Maybelline contain honey nectar is apparently very good at protecting lips and very reasonably priced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

vaseline is a disaster all right

8hr cream is great but doesnt look or taste nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

For once in my life I have to agree with irish bird... Miracles happen at xmas..

Burts bees. is t the best for the lips...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Have been using Labello but found a pack of Carmex so have moved to that. My lips are really cracked on both sides of my mouth. It looks awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

well i was hit with the biggest coldsore known to man!! It was a result of a weekend in boston and then 3 nights in hospital with a sick baby!!! the burts bees really sorted out the lips, vaseline does feck all. except remove eye make up, carmex isnt bad.

But burts bees is definetly worth its wait in gold..

Advertisement