Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating The most epic Irish Band of all Time.

Options
  • 22-12-2009 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

This new genre of music will be created from the ashes of the old Irish trad
    style and the epicness of that which is metal.
    It will capture the essences of old school traditional Irish and also the raw ecstasy of the metal,
    combining for the first time ever the fiddle and the over distorted guitar.
    It will be forever known as epic irish-trad metal.
    We propose that the fiddle and its fello trad instruments act as the leads
    where as the guitars take rhythm roles. This means that the celtic music
    is dominant and the guitar will enforce the classness with solid riffage.
    In parts both the fiddle and guitar will play together in harmony.(This will make babys cry)
    All we need now are people who play :

1. Speed Metal Guitar Player
    2. Fiddle Player
    3. Acoustic Guitar Player
    4. Bass Player
    5. Drummer
    6. Female Singer ( This will come in time)
    7. Flute Player

I Gary Murphy and my fellow companion Conor McCormack Will play the esciental rolls of manager(Getting gigs and taking care of business) and graphic designer(Making posters and whatnot and someday CD Covers). We have many contacts in the music industry and built up many faviours and would like to put this Style on the map.

Leave comments if your intrested and/or have Ideas to add to the greatness!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAzZ0GVlmwM(Listen from 3:30 onwards) + http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnM6r3M7T9k = EPIC!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

This has Uilleann pipes, which are so much more Irish and more metal than the fiddle.

Oddly, these are apparently italian.

I dpn't really like Kila, and don't think of them as trad really, more kinda watery trad-ish world music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Sounds like a very interesting project. You have a hard road ahead of you if you want to out-do Horslips or Moving Hearts but the best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

This a joke? Basically you and your buddy want to be band managers?
    would like to put this Style on the map.

This style is already well and truely on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm with GhostInTheRuins. Is this a joke or are you actually serious about putting a band together? If you are serious then you're going to need to bring a bit more to the table than "I'll be the manager".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

no offence man, but a speed metal guitar trad band. It screams of spinal tap at its best/worst. It can only end in tears or sore sides from the comedy effect of it.

best of luck with it anyways.....:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SymphonyX

BarryCreed wrote: »
    no offence man, but a speed metal guitar trad band. It screams of spinal tap at its best/worst. It can only end in tears or sore sides from the comedy effect of it.

best of luck with it anyways.....:o

Spinal tap made a lot of money.... And all funnies aside they were a good fake band! If anyone can send me a link of a trad band playing with one speed guitar player I'll let it go. Bands who metal with trad influenced don't count... This is a type of music that can sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SymphonyX

Malice_ wrote: »
    I'm with GhostInTheRuins. Is this a joke or are you actually serious about putting a band together? If you are serious then you're going to need to bring a bit more to the table than "I'll be the manager".

Ok maybe manager Is the wrong word. But I have contacts places to record if it ever happens. I can create and manage websites for free. And this is no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

SymphonyX wrote: »
    This new genre of music will be created from the ashes of the old Irish trad
    style and the epicness of that which is metal.
    It will capture the essences of old school traditional Irish and also the raw ecstasy of the metal,
    combining for the first time ever the fiddle and the over distorted guitar.
    It will be forever known as epic irish-trad metal.
    We propose that the fiddle and its fello trad instruments act as the leads
    where as the guitars take rhythm roles. This means that the celtic music
    is dominant and the guitar will enforce the classness with solid riffage.
    In parts both the fiddle and guitar will play together in harmony.(This will make babys cry)
    !

Jesus Gary! how long has college been out? A week??? And already we reach this!!! Flogging Molly? Horslips?

Two of ye should stick to the martial arts!

Malice_ wrote: »

Worked for the Commitments didn't it!!!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

If anything actually happens from this I'll eat my own head.

Best of luck though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Worked for the Commitments didn't it!!!!!!! :pac:
    Didn't they break up after their first gig just before they were about to sign a lucrative record deal? It didn't work that well then! :p
    Schism wrote: »
    If anything actually happens from this I'll eat my own head.
    Quoted just in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Spinal tap made a lot of money....... This is a type of music that can sell.

At least you're in it for the right reasons :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Ok maybe manager Is the wrong word. But I have contacts places to record if it ever happens. I can create and manage websites for free. And this is no joke.

It aint that hard to make call's to a few recording studios and book time...

there's also a wealth of info online about putting together a website... but that's no use as long as people don't know who to look for.

You'll need to be providing media exposure and putting forward a product...

NOT

acting as a lacky...

NOT

Thinking you've got a "good" idea...

Everything sells... the issue with your market is how much...

- Drav!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

So you're putting a band together, you're almost there, so far you have... no-one?

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

ehhhhh:confused::confused::confused::confused: that sounds like a tribute to the mighty SKYCLAD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

1. Speed Metal Guitar Player
    2. Fiddle Player
    3. Acoustic Guitar Player
    4. Bass Player
    5. Drummer
    6. Female Singer ( This will come in time)
    7. Flute Player

Not that I particularly like the sound of the accordian but the Pogues wouldn't have had half their energy without one. And you've heard of the Drop Kick Murphys or do they not count?

I believe i know the OP and if that is the case, i have no doubt (however poorly he is putting himself across) that if he got the people and they gelled, he would have them promoted very well and managed as he has with another well known band in the country!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I believe i know the OP and if that is the case, i have no doubt (however poorly he is putting himself across) that if he got the people and they gelled, he would have them promoted very well and managed as he has with another well known band in the country!

Name & Shame?

er... I mean...

Care to tell?

- Drav!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Care to tell?

- Drav!

No very likely I'd guess.

No very likely I'd guess.

And you'd be right. Messing a man's integrity on boards.ie isn't on my list's of things to do today. ;)

• Advertisement

And you'd be right. Messing a man's integrity on boards.ie isn't on my list's of things to do today. ;)

So we've got this guy who has worked with a "Successfull" nameless band before...

... looking to put his "stamp" on things

The way he's putting himself forward doesn't seem to be fairly strong. There's no clear indication of previous work. Actually naming that other band may help us take this guy seriously...

... or will it?

- Drav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Right, closed for a few reasons.

You've cross-posted this in bands/musicians already. You post a thread in one forum only, posting the same thread across more than one forum is against the rules. Even if this is a serious thread, it's going way off topic with people just taking the piss anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement