Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Income Levy?

• 22-12-2009 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

This week i got paid 293.68

180.53 was made up of weekday hours i worked and 113.15 was made up of sunday hours i worked and a few hours that i didnt get paid for, that i worked last week.

From that 293.68, 5.87 has been deducted for income levy. I assume that i can get that back, seeing as my total earnings this year are 10,636.27.

In total i have a paid 24.83 in income levy, and 45.88 in PRSI. Can i claim it all back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Income Levy is calculated on a week by week basis, so if you go above the threshold in one week, it will be deducted.

As you are below the €15028.00 annual threshold, you can claim this back. your employer shold give you an Income Levy Cert for 2009, and you can send this to Revenue, reqesting a refund.

You would need to contact the Dept. of Social & Family Affairs regarding a refund of PRSI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I got absolutely stung by the income levy- I normally pay €7.98 a week (I'm going to be just under the threshold at €14,890) but on Christmas Eve payday I got €85.16 levy taken off me. Apparently it backdated back to when it was 1%, bahh. Most people only got €40 taken off them but they're over the 15k limit, and other people who are further under it than me got money given to them- so I really don't get the logic behind that.

You should get an income levy form with your P60 in the New Year. It may or may not be more complicated if you didn't work the whole year- you might have to contact Revenue directly. PRSI is more complicated- the yearly threshold is €26,000. You need to send off a copy of your P60 to the address listed on the revenue website- oisín house I think.

Advertisement