Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gamecube, what was it like?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

My Gamecube was played to death (not literally, it still works). Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 1 and 3, Resident Evil 0, Remake and 4 are amazing games. I would always buy the Gamecube versions of games over the PS2 versions too, they looked better and the controller was superior. And the Gamecube Soul Calibur II had Link!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I loved the two Rogue Squadron games. Two of my favourite titles for the gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

i loved my gamecube. I played it more than my ps2 even though i only had 6 or so games for it. I loved harvest moon back in the day(dont ask me why but it was fun) and viewtiful joe remains one of my favourite games ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No need to be ashamed ofloving harvest moon. That game is a total time sink and so addictive.

I think the best thing about the GC was the 4 controller ports. It really was a great multiplayer machine and always got use when my mates were over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No need to be ashamed ofloving harvest moon. That game is a total time sink and so addictive.

I think the best thing about the GC was the 4 controller ports. It really was a great multiplayer machine and always got use when my mates were over.

Yeah Harvest Moon was one of those games I either didn't play at all or else played for hours on end.

Also my stupid Wii won't play Gamecube games anymore:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Played wind waker, pikmin and metroid and loved em all.
    didnt know you could play them on the wii though, will have to fish them out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Panda wrote: »
    Played wind waker, pikmin and metroid and loved em all.
    didnt know you could play them on the wii though, will have to fish them out...

Couldn't you just plug in a GC controller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

It had a way better catalogue than the Wii, I'll tell you that.

Eternal Darkness, The Wind Waker (way way better than Twilight Princess imo), F-Zero GX, Super Smash Bros Melee, Super Mario Sunshine (better than Galaxy imo), Luigis Mansion, Rogue Squadron 2 : Rogue Leader, Rogue Squadron 3 : Rebel Strike, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil remake, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil 4, Viewtiful Joe, Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes, Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes, Star Fox Adventures, Mario Kart Double Dash, Pikmin, Super Monkey Ball. On top of that, it actually got it all the decent multi-platform game that the xbox and ps2 got.

I wish nintendo would make consoles up to the standard of the n64 and wii again or at least support the wii with more than 4 or 5 decent games - Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros, Twilight Princess(which was a bit meh) and Metroid Prime.

Advertisement