Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange log entry on my rapidshare account from eircom address

• 22-12-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just had a look at my rapidshare ip access log for my account.
    Seems there's an entry
    Date - Ip Address - Traffic
    Wed, 9. Dec 2009 159.134.233.XXX 1593 KB

This stands out as the rest of the log messages have the ip range 86.***.***.*** as they should.

Google shows me the 159 address as
    http://www.robtex.com/cnet/159.134.233.html
    which belongs to eircom's name servers.

Any idea why this happened? (other then the possibility of tracking..:mad:) but that doesn't explain why a 1593KB file was transferred using my rapidshare account.

Just extremely confused...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You got a static ip? otherwise Your ip will change dynamically every so often, this is probably the last one You had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is eircom your ISP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You got a static ip? otherwise Your ip will change dynamically every so often, this is probably the last one You had

I have dynamic...ahh that's probaly the reason. Just seemed strange every other time i've used rapidshare...or indeed seen my ip address while online, (got to love the fact you get to see the modem settings page a lot on eircom.....<3 the red light :D) it's begun with 86.xxx.xxx.xxx

Normal then you'd say? :)

Normal then you'd say? :)

yip

Advertisement