Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impromptu night photography in Galway City, Wednesday 23rd

Options
  • 22-12-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

The nights in Galway this past week have been very clear and sharp, and as far as I'm aware tomorrow night (the 23rd) will be no different. So how about we try for an impromptu night photography expedition into the frozen heart of Galway city? I'll be at the fountain in Eyre Square around 8pm tomorrow if anyone is interested in meeting up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

That's a couple of Galway expeditions I've missed now! :mad: - I'll hopefully be photographing the snow in Donegal for a few days! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Shame I wont be around to join in. Have fun, wrap up warm and all the very best for Christmas peeps!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Preacher: Galway City center is pretty bad, if you are thinking of sky photography. Too much light pollution that is compounded by ice and mist in the air.

If you can travel, I can suggest a few interesting locations in and around the city. Call me on 086 198 1097. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Sounds like a good idea, wont be able to attend as a bit short notice (impromptu and all!) but intested if anyones considering one in the New Year when its less festivally mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

Fenster wrote: »
    Preacher: Galway City center is pretty bad, if you are thinking of sky photography. Too much light pollution that is compounded by ice and mist in the air.

If you can travel, I can suggest a few interesting locations in and around the city. Call me on 086 198 1097. :D

I was thinking more along the lines of some night time street photography, but thanks for the offer!

A less impromptu meet-up sometime would be groovy, as it is tonight I'm running late...

• Advertisement

I noticed you were late. I gave up at 8:20, went home and got into bed for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭3-D Preacher

Fenster wrote: »
    I noticed you were late. I gave up at 8:20, went home and got into bed for the night.

Someone turned up! :eek:

I am very, very sorry for getting you out into the cold for nothing, Fenster.

This is why I should never try to organise anything...

Bad weather isn't a bar: It is a challenge. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Is everyone posting Galway winter/ice etc photos to the Random thread?

Advertisement