Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roads - thurles to Edgeworthstown

Options
  • 22-12-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have to drive from thurles to edgeworthstown via Athlone - anyone know what conditions the roads are in? Heading tomorrow? Anywhere I need to be xtra cautious?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

the road from athlone to longford is pretty bad even in good conditions. that is going to be horrible drive. birr to ferbane could be rough enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

the road from athlone to longford is pretty bad even in good conditions. that is going to be horrible drive. birr to ferbane could be rough enough too.

thanks for that - may have to consider going up towards Naas and taking bypass from maynooth - longer but nearly all motorway - though hate going through sallins - clane to maynooth..

anyone know what those roads are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

another road i know very well.

its about 20 mins from Kill/JOhnstown to Maynooth. I found it shorter than Sallins/Clane/Maynooth. You'll need to take your time on those roads too. But as you said you will have motorway all the way apart from them.

Given the current cold weather you are just going to have to allow plenty of time.

It's definitely a route that will probably be easier to drive but will not necessarily save you time.

Either ways, give yourself plenty of time.

Safe driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

another road i know very well.

its about 20 mins from Kill/JOhnstown to Maynooth. I found it shorter than Sallins/Clane/Maynooth. You'll need to take your time on those roads too. But as you said you will have motorway all the way apart from them.

Given the current cold weather you are just going to have to allow plenty of time.

It's definitely a route that will probably be easier to drive but will not necessarily save you time.

Either ways, give yourself plenty of time.

Safe driving!

thanks a million.
    had not thought of the kill - maynooth option. where those roads restructured recently?
    Wont be in a hurry - I have the whole day.
    so regardless of time - which roads will be clearer - sallins or kill route?
    and if kill route, do i stay on the motorway and exit for kill then head for straffan - maynooth?

Advertisement