Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband suggestions for outside castlebar area?

Options
  • 22-12-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi, i've just returned from australia, and want to get setup with a decent internet connection again here at home. I'm living out the newport road from castlebar about two miles, and a housemate currently has o2 mobile broadband, which personally seems to be the most pathetic excuse for an internet connection ive seen so far, and aparrantly its actually an improvement on her previous connection, which was with 3, which i find shocking because i cant actually imagine a worse provider than this current o2 as regards connection reliability and speed, its just impossible to get work done online at any decent pace at all, and its getting very frustrating.

Any suggestions gladly appreciated!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well we have Westnet, am 4 miles outside Cbar on Westport side and can't have any complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you're only 2 miles out the road you should be able to get it almost as strong as in town. Depends on what strength you need. Max you may get may be 7 meg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I have Westnet as well, few hiccups but very impressed overall - pisses all over eircom:)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

That seals the deal so, westnet it is. Thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I live out the newport road in Castlebar and westnet were not able to establish a signal where I live so I went for Eircom. You have to get a landline in which is a bit of a pain and it is expensive, but I think it is cheaper than westnet. The connection is brill and I would def recommend it if westnet don't work out. I also had a vodaphone 'internet in a box' before I got eircom and it was beyond useless....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Westnet. You won't be sorry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement