Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Vodafone(DSL) throttle or charge per extra Mb?

• 22-12-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I've been a BT customer for 4 years - just after being switched over to Vodafone. Download caps have not been an issue for me until now - have had someone move in to the house that is used to eircom 7Mb unlimited package and wants to download the universe (russian - so its the only way of accessing home tv for him)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 lawrenceSummer

you can pay for extra download allowance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

I suggest moving to someone else, if you have no LLU and UPC are not available, you should go with UTV tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 feckoffcrow

I checked back with smart telecoms website and it seems that i can avail of their (bitstream..not llu) service. From recent threads here, it seems they enforce a cap at 170GB - which should be plenty for this guy. Its a 2Mb product instead of the 3Mb that i'm currently on - but the cap is important so if Smart confirm that they can do it, then I will make the switch.

In the meantime - for this month - what happens when you approach the limit of a vodafone download cap. Do they throttle the connection, charge for the excess per mb or can the 'extra download allowance' be paid as a one off - just for that month?
    Just want to get out from under them without any scary bills - as guy in the house now has his laptop running 24/7!

Advertisement