Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC: Plot to bomb the house of commons from a plane foiled

• 22-12-2009 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

French police thwarts terrorist group as they attempt to cross the channel in a plane carrying a large bomb destined for the House of Commons in London.

Terrorist cells have positioned themselves around the capital with the purpose of assasinating top British politcal figures, most notably Britains Foriegn Secretary Earnest Bevin British intelligence sources have revealed.

“Members of the Stern group are now being organised and are under training. It is expected that they will be sent to the United Kingdom to assassinate important members of his majesty’s government, particularly, Mr Bevin.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/document/document_20060724.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This happened in 1946.....what's the conspiracy??

Can you spell out the conspiracy, Black Uhlan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭Black Uhlan

namloc1980 wrote: »
    This happened in 1946.....what's the conspiracy??

The conspiracy to secretly plan to murder civilians and government figures.

okay - I'll expand. Edit in red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The conspiracy to murder civilians and government figures.

A terrorist organisation plans to murder civilians and government officials isn't a conspiracy in my book....it's the policy/objective of the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

No, I'd disagree, if it was undertaken in secrecy I'd see it could be legitimately considered some kind of conspiracy. It's not all about Big Pharma and the government.

I don't really get why you posted it though, just for discussion of an older topic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭Black Uhlan

Undergod wrote: »
    No, I'd disagree, if it was undertaken in secrecy I'd see it could be legitimately considered some kind of conspiracy. It's not all about Big Pharma and the government.

I don't really get why you posted it though, just for discussion of an older topic?

Wow! Thats 4 or 5 of your posts I've thanked of yours in a row, keep it up:D.

Why I posted it was that up until 30 minutes ago I had never heard of it and I found it fascinating and I hoped that maybe someone else might share that view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Wow! Thats 4 or 5 of your posts I've thanked of yours in a row, keep it up:D.

Why I posted it was that up until 30 minutes ago I had never heard of it and I found it fascinating and I hoped that maybe someone else might share that view.

But I'm a skeptic!

Could this be the dawn of a new era of peace on the CT forum?

I'll try check it out more over the coming days, may not be able to listen to it tonight.

Advertisement