Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Great new cafe in Mallow!!*

Options
  • 22-12-2009 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    Just to let anyone in the area know I found an amazing new cafe in Mallow today, the only reason I'm posting about it is that it's hard to spot in the town and apparantly they've been there five weeks and I only just saw their sign yesterday!
    Anyway it's great value, for 5.60 we got a cappuchino, an americano and a slice of the BEST chocolate brownie ever (american style). Which is the same price as Brudairs and cheaper than Food capers (I think).
    They do good looking sandwhichs with lovely fillings like smoked salmon, sundried tomatoes all that sort of thing, soups and an amazing selection of gourmet deserts.
    The decor is deadly it's a modern-vitntage style fusion with lovely mix and matched tea sets and furniture etc.. It's very comfy with lots of couches and armchairs and the kitchen and serving counter is in a different room so theres no noise from the coffee machines or till etc.. they were playing pretty good music too.
    Anyone who was greatly saddened to see URRU go earlier in the year will be happy to hear that not only is it much nicer in general it is also much cheaper although they don't have a deli or book section etc..
    It's across from the AIB above mode boutique.
    I have no connection with the owners whatsoever I'm not even sure if they're Australian or not :p, I just think that there may well be others around happy to once again be able to get a really good cup of coffee in Mallow and I don't want them to go out of business or there'll be nowhere nice to go again! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

sounds nice, ill check it out the next time im in town ;)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

sounds nice, ill check it out the next time im in town ;)

+1, will do as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Pineapple_Boi

boards meet up there someday'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

boards meet up there someday'?

Ya thats a good idea, I was also thinking the pine lodge might be a good one if theres another comedy night with people from boards performing as I missed the last one. Not very many of us is the only prob, I tried getting one together ages ago but it never came to fruition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Pineapple_Boi

if there is one i will definitely go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Flight19

planning on organising a bit of a hooley sing song soon great if some boardies could attend? location to be decided

Flight19 wrote: »
    planning on organising a bit of a hooley sing song soon great if some boardies could attend? location to be decided

Hooley sing song? Is that north cork slang for kareokee?

just a gathering of people playing music singing songs and drinking???

just a gathering of people playing music singing songs and drinking???

Sounds fun I wouldn't inflict my singing on anyone though it's unholy!
    Are you thinking of a pub in Mallow? The olde fiddle is supposed to be a good one.

Are you thinking of a pub in Mallow? The olde fiddle is supposed to be a good one.

If you ever pass the olde fiddle and see the poster saying " Gaz and Keogh" drop in and say hello. Happy new year

• Advertisement

If you ever pass the olde fiddle and see the poster saying " Gaz and Keogh" drop in and say hello. Happy new year

Thats great thanks will definately do that! What sort of stuff do ye do?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭youneverknow

the olde fiddle is the best place in mallow for a sing song have been there a good few times and always had a good night:D

Advertisement