Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dry skin on hands

• 22-12-2009 10:33pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm male, by the way.

This seems to happen to me every winter. The skin on the back of my knuckles and the back of my hands gets dry, rough and sometimes even cracked (if I rub it with a towel too hard, for example).

Why is this? How can I solve this? Never really liked the thought of going to bed with cream all over my hands, because then it would just get on the duvet or pillows!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

Neutrogena_Hand_Cream_3219.JPG_3219.jpg
    More gel like than cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Garnier_handsensitive_soothing_hand_cream_2363_new.jpg

I have sensitive hands, I ofte get major dry patches and find this great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Try and get some bottled Aloe Vera, as good as you can find, and use that. (Is great for all sorts too, including sunburn and general burns. Handy to keep in the fridge so it's nice and cool :) )

Or buy your own Aloe plant, just make sure to use the substance that comes from the *middle* of the plant, than the substance that seeps out of the plant when it's cut (The latter being a bit of an irritant).

Advertisement