Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw the worst thing yesterday...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

lrushe wrote: »
    I have three dogs and have paid for all three, I don't consider myself shallow, greedy or hung up on aesthetics, if I was I would have turned my back on that abandoned lucher and not given her a second thought. I work hard to earn my money. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I might only get away on holiday every few years, my dogs are my luxury in life which I could spend years saving up for. I have come accustomed to the snobbery which some pedigree dog owners have but I am constantly surprised by it in some rescue dog owners looking down their nose at anyone who dared to buy their dog. A dog is a dog, its the quality of life you give them thats the important thing

I did not mean ANY offence to you, OP, I was referring to the owners who will pay up front for the certain breed, without any thought of how they will fund the sterilisation, insurance, food, kennels if necessary, grooming etc etc, thinking the purchase is the biggest cost. Not even just for a certain breed- for any dog at all.

Clearly that is not the case with you, but I know you must have experienced this with other people. That is how we end up with so many cruelty cases, puppy farms, and dogs being abandoned. Alot of people unfortunately don't look at their animals as pets and friends, but as an accessory and until this changes the problem in Ireland will just carry on.

Us animal lovers have to stick together, and again, no disrespect to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

If you are going to do the awfull thing of abandoning a dog why do it in the middle of exceptional and prolonged cold spell. One could argue that a dog is after all an animal and that it's internal survival instincts would kick in. But these are domesticated animals which are not immediately adaptable to the wild. Mightly cruel!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

malman wrote: »
    If you are going to do the awfull thing of abandoning a dog why do it in the middle of exceptional and prolonged cold spell. One could argue that a dog is after all an animal and that it's internal survival instincts would kick in. But these are domesticated animals which are not immediately adaptable to the wild. Mightly cruel!

The people we rent from have two lovely dogs..One was abandoned at the house here as a small puppy..very isolated house.. They came to check the house a week after the people had left and found it.

Alone up here in the mountains.

They cared for it.

Often this is our role; spending no time or energy on anger,,, just caring and saving.

Advertisement