Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting from 02 to 3?

• 22-12-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi,
    Am seriously considering porting from 02 to 3 because for my particular usage pattern 02 appear to be considerably more expensive, any experiences with porting? will 02 release me from the contract or are there any nasty loopholes I should know about?

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I would only port to three if you have no intention of using them for telephone or data purposes... worst network imo

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I would only port to three if you have no intention of using them for telephone or data purposes... worst network imo

Is that the general consensus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is that the general consensus?

Their is quite a love to hate 3 yes. Basically because of their lack of good customer care, thats what it pretty much boils down too.

o2 would release you yes, once you pay the final bill, which will be the full amount for the rest of your monthly commitments. Think you would be mad to switch while your still in contract, this will wipe any saving you think you will get by moving to three. Wait till your contract ends and revisit the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Bluefoam wrote: »

You are joking aren't you? I mean the only network who recognised and built up their network based on data use....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

3 are perfectly ok so long as you never have to contact them. That is when the fun begins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sorry can you elaborate on this? what do you mean by wipe? My contract is 18 months from June 09.
    Then you are out of contract or almost out. O2 will release the number now if you want to port.

I am using 3 for my phone service. The service is good and the price is right. The only issue is their customer service is not great, that is not an issue so long as you don't have to call them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

As long as you don't need to ring their customer service 3 are grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

As Bond & Almighty state 3 are fine if you remain problem free. Their C.S are based in India and you will get a typical Indian accent answering you. You will be lucky if you can understand it. On the plus side their phones are all 3g and mostly pretty good. And they will give you an upgrade every year. I've been with them for 3 yrs and the only time I had to contact C.S.was to have my old phone unlocked.

Advertisement