Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Presents For Godparents ?

Options
  • 22-12-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Quick question, should the Godparents receive presents for standing for the children ?
    I stood once myself, but cannot remember if I recieved a present for it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I've been godmother several times for nieces and nephews and never once got or expected a present for it. I was really happy to be asked to be a godparent that was present enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Do you mean on the day of the baptism? I have never seen it although in my husbands family godparents and godchildren get each other extra presents, so if we bought his godson a present he would go and buy another present just from himself and on my husbands birthday even though his sister buys him a present his godson also buys him a present, even though he is only 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Never got any presents for being a Godparent, have never given one to the Godparents of my children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭MelissaLahive

nesf wrote: »
    Never got any presents for being a Godparent, have never given one to the Godparents of my children.

Same with me and can't remember any of my friends receiving a gift in the same situation

• Advertisement
Advertisement