Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licence required for busking?

Options
  • 23-12-2009 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Heya guys, just wondering could someone clarify for me, are you required to havea licence while out busking, and if you're caught without one, what's usually done about it? thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

None that I know of, but the coppers can "move you along" for acting the maggot, creating a disturbance, etc, if your busking is vulgar. Also, use a musical instrument, and sing a few liked, but not so well sung songs. IE: not "merry christmas", but maybe "Fairytales of New York" by The Pogies, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Cheers for clearing that up

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

Who is the tall elegant gentleman attired in a dress suit and bow tie who sings in Oliver Plunkett street?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

ya you need to apply for one,I enquired about it before. from the Guards as far as I know.

Advertisement