Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get free Irish landline to UK Landline calls?

Options
  • 23-12-2009 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

My mate is on BT Ireland (which have now changed to Vodafone) and he gets free calls to the UK landline to landline from Ireland - up to 60mins.

I contacted Vodafone to sign up but they say they do not do this offer! Anyone know of any other comapnies that offer this?

Cheers in advance.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - Moved to Bargain Alerts Requests

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lifes_a_Witch

try utv talk package. not sure he it is available as a stand alone. my folks have it as part a broadband pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

astrofluff wrote: »
    My mate is on BT Ireland (which have now changed to Vodafone) and he gets free calls to the UK landline to landline from Ireland - up to 60mins.

I contacted Vodafone to sign up but they say they do not do this offer! Anyone know of any other comapnies that offer this?

Cheers in advance.

Now i know this isn't free but there's an awesome way of keepin ion touch with peeps in UK

I have 3 teenage kids back in Wales and keep in touch with them like this

1. I have an O2 (UK) Pay as ya Go phone, sim cards can be picked up free, i pay 1.99/month for the Ireland Bolt On, that way they class the Irish O2 network as being part of UK so ya pay no Roaming charges at all, just the standard UK rate, and when peeps call ya it costs feck all to answer, cool if they have free minutes to UK mobiles :D:D

2. My lad was over last weekend, i sent him back with an old mobile with a meteor sim card that i picked up for free at Meteor. Stuck 10euro credit on it and told him when he gets back to Wales he must choose the T-Mobile network, i can now use my free meteor to meteor calls to him as if he stays on t-mobile network it costs him feck all to answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭positron

Not free, but if you use cheapcalls.ie access number - 1890 99 07 07 - it's 'local rate' to UK landlines.

From the website:

Local rate: Sa-Su: 1.26 ct/min
    Mo-Fr 6pm/8am: 1.26 ct/min
    Mo-Fr 8am/6pm: 4.92 ct/min

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

astrofluff wrote: »

Cheers in advance.

Sign up to utv....technically its only off peak hours(which suits our house)
    You get local, national, and uk landline free off peak....
    My woman is always nattering away to her english relatives,
    Only one catch though(well its not really a catch)you cant stay on the phone for more than an hour at a time(why anyone would talk for an hour is beyond me.......)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Eircom talktime UK anytime €38.99/month

• Unlimited calls to UK landlines anytime (60 minutes)
    • Unlimited calls to landlines within Ireland anytime.
    • Anytime landline calls to the US & Canada 10.04c/min
    • 20% off all other international calls to landlines.
    • 10% off calls to international mobiles anytime
    • 22c per minute to Irish mobiles Any Time
    • Package includes monthly line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

try utv talk package. not sure he it is available as a stand alone. my folks have it as part a broadband pack.

I have the UTV talk package without broadband. Any time calls to the UK and Ireland for €9.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Thanks for the info guys.

I actually have UTV Talk and Internet bundle but I am having some issues with the broadband - the connection keeps dropping out. I have asked UTV to sort it but it still hasn't.

So, I am looking at the other providers. I wasn't aware Eircom do a similar offer and am hesitant to go to them. I'll have to sit down and 'think about it'.

So in Summary: Eircom or UTV

Cheers again, Astro.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement