Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Vacuum/PC Cleaning

Options
  • 23-12-2009 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Folks,

Anyone know where I can get a decent mini vacuum for cleaning the dust out my tower or does anyone have any other suggestions for getting rid of dust?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

sometimes i get cans of compressed air or generally i just use cue tips to clean the grills, cpu & gpu fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You're not supposed to use a vacuum, it creates static which doesn't go well with components. Get Yourself a can of compressed air, most pc shops have them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You're not supposed to use a vacuum, it creates static which doesn't go well with components. Get Yourself a can of compressed air, most pc shops have them
    this, lol
    usb_vacuum_cleaner.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

I was in Maplins today & seen this one for EUR 22.00:eek:

41eADef-%2BLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Whats the difference between the above & the one below other than the price?

31nLBFsTwML._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

amidoinitrite?

pc_melted.jpg

to OP, the nozzle could be different, waht you need is a good quality can and nozzle that sprays a constant blast instead of huffing and puffing here and there (bad nozzle/can). as one person said before, 'you get what you pay for'. cleanin out a pc with compressed air doesnt need much. you could probably dust your pc 9/10 times with one can

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

You can get special vacuums/hoovers for this but they're crazy expensive and not worth the money. Go for the air in a can for about €10-15 and you won't go wrong.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My sister got me a really small henry vacuum cleaner for christmas. Can't wait to try it out later. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

My sister got me a really small henry vacuum cleaner for christmas. Can't wait to try it out later. :)

Was probaly in early sales since it has Henry on it, with losing the footie and all!!:D

hope it has no hands

Advertisement