Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with new build CPU runing at 90 c on startup

Options
  • 23-12-2009 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

My cpu is flying up to 90c with in seconds ive got my cpu water cooled and have a display on the front to tell me the temp 90 semms very high should the water be flowing in the pipes fast it seems to be moveing slow going by the bubles in the pipes :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I hope that's 90F, not 90C! :eek:

If its the latter check software temps pronto. If CoreTemp, Speedfan etc. all differ from the hardware reading you have a bust sensor on the WC display panel...

If all readings agree, you're in trouble. Immediately remove the cooler, reapply thermal paste and reassemble, making sure to fit the CPU cooler retention mechanism correctly! Check temps again. If its a discrete WC setup you've done something horribly wrong and its time to start over. If the temps are still high and you're using a CoolIT or similar (those things have a temp display) those integrated CPU watercoolers aren't user-servicable and its RMA time :(

Advertisement