Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revision book for Irish Oral

Options
  • 23-12-2009 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Basically my Irish teacher is useless. He has done no oral work with us, but expects us to do our mock oral 2 days after we return from the Christmas hols.

In French I had a similar situation (i.e. teacher not preparing us), but I found that the book 'Shortcuts to Success: The French Oral' helped me work on my own.

Is there a good Irish revision book that would allow me to be prepared for my Irish Oral?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

There's a Shortcuts to Success Irish Oral book too. My friend has it and says it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I have a relatively new book - Labhair Amach by Diarmaid Ó Tuama (CJ Fallon) - finding it very good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

Theres an oral leaving cert course for 20 euro on this website http://www.folum.com/ Worked very well for me and i got between 145-150 out of 150.(you arent told what you got but worked it out).

The great thing about it is it gives you great spoken notes on all the common areas of the oral.Plus u can use the more advanced notes on areas like the recession the environment and the irish language in essays.

You can sample the material before hand and see if you want to purchase it.well worth it my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jc2008

That folum website looks good! Does anybody else have any expierence with it?

Do all the notes have to be learned while sitting at a computer or can they be printed also? Is it enough on it's own for the oral? Does it cover the 30-mark reading pieces?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

jc2008 wrote: »
    That folum website looks good! Does anybody else have any expierence with it?

Do all the notes have to be learned while sitting at a computer or can they be printed also? Is it enough on it's own for the oral? Does it cover the 30-mark reading pieces?

Nah u cant print them off thats what i did and sometime i just listened to the sentence and repeated it two or three times.it helped alot with retention.It has an awful lot of notes and it did me for the oral.U will need to practise with someone or speak out loud to urself to do well.yeah it covers all of them.It goes thru the pronounciations of all of them and gives helpful suggestions

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the help everyone!

However, the folum website confuses me. It refers to the lessons as classes. Do you have
    to log in at a certain time in order to get the information? Where abouts on the website do you pay? It's just that I have my mock oral next week

Thanks

Sorry to drag this topic up again, but I'm really confused.

On the folum website, where do I go to access the oral preparation course? If I go to the Oral course for 2010, it only lets me see a demo for Cuid 1, but doesn't give me an option to purchase the rest of it.

If I go to Béaltriail CCC Leaving Cert (Pass) 2009/2010, it asks me for an enrolment key from my teacher. My teacher didn't give me an enrolment key, I want to do this website on my own, if you know what I mean.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement