Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible double charging (again) on Laser - please check account

Options
  • 23-12-2009 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi all,

In the last few months there have been a couple of incidents that I seem to recall whereby customers of particular banks were accidentally double-charged on Debit Card/Laser transactions. Has anyone noticed something similar having happened since the weekend (19th Dec)? In my online statement, I can see the same value of Laser transaction popping up twice on the 19th - it was in a service station where I used Laser chip & pin to buy petrol (just the once however!). It is probably nothing (i.e. localised / not bank-wide), but I thought I'd ask if I'm the only one. Might be worth taking a look at your recent transactions....

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Sometimes that can happen. A transaction will appear twice, but your 'Balance' will only be reduced by the correct amount (i.e. not double).

The extra transaction usually dissapears off the face of the earth overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

Looks like that was what happened - the second charge is gone now..

Cheers.

Advertisement