Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pete Doherty

Options
  • 23-12-2009 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does that f**ker Doherty keep getting caught for drink driving, cocaine\heroine possession....but never actually goes to jail??

I hate this c**t with a passion and would love to see him wiped off the music scene completely. I shouldn't even have done him the honour of putting this post under "music"...there's more musical ability in the gunk on the sole of my shoe. If there's a forum called "talentless wasters & junkies" I'll move it to there

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Have you ever listened to his music?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Never listened to his music and hate the f**ker.
    only people he seems to impress are crusties and losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I really enjoy his music, he's a great writer

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Listened to his music, and I don't understand the fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Agree with everything the OP says here, how many impressionable young kids are actin the bollox just cos this idiots does.
    If it's just 1 then that's 1 too many

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

He's a down and out who happened to be a decent band. He sells papers/magazines for some unknown reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I was expecting that inevitable response "have you ever listened to his music?" from someone. The answer is no, I have never had the inclination to go out intentionaly and listen to anything that twat is involved with.

And don't bother trying that "he's a misunderstood genius" bit....like the guy above said, hes a waster who got lucky. Amy Winehouse has similar issues but the girl has an obvious talent in her voice, and from the little bits I'v heard by accident of doherty, his voice is nothing special.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I was expecting that inevitable response "have you ever listened to his music?" from someone. The answer is no, I have never had the inclination to go out intentionaly and listen to anything that twat is involved with.

And don't bother trying that "he's a misunderstood genius" bit....like the guy above said, hes a waster who got lucky. Amy Winehouse has similar issues but the girl has an obvious talent in her voice, and from the little bits I'v heard by accident of doherty, his voice is nothing special.

By your own logic i am now going to say that you are completely usless at your job and have no talent whatsoever. What a loser.:rolleyes:

I also find it so funny that you form your opinions about people from the tabloid press. But at least the obvious talent of Amy winehouse isn't lost on you. Did you hear her on the radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Yes, hes obviously a twat. Based on all the constant arrests/convictions etc, its amazing hes not in jail atm.
    But for me[while it doesn't justify him being a twat] his music speaks for itself-while lately hes gone into mediocrary[the solo album,2nd Babyshambles album] , the Libertines 2 albums, and Babyshambles first album are great peices of work.
    And hes not half bad live either, when hes bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Mike... wrote: »
    Never listened to his music and hate the f**ker.
    only people he seems to impress are crusties and losers.

Excuse me your all intited to your own opinion. You should respect other peoples opinions also. I am a fan of his music. So does that mean im loser. Fine if you hate him but who cares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Music4life wrote: »
    Excuse me your all intited to your own opinion. You should respect other peoples opinions also. I am a fan of his music. So does that mean im loser. Fine if you hate him but who cares?
    I hate the guy personally, i dont like his music, but I gotta agree here with music4life. Its one thing to call the guy a talentless junkie, but to insinuate that all his fans are crusties and losers is a bit harsh.

Hes is apparently a very bright guy, even going as far as winning some poetry thing when he was 16. His music is also much loved throughout the world so I dont believe you could call him talentless.

In your first post you seem to be more annoyed with his personal antics than anything else. Maybe you should move this to After hours or celebrities. Last time i checked this was a music forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

there's more musical ability in the gunk on the sole of my shoe...<cut tabloid-esque rant>.. I have never had the inclination to go out intentionaly and listen to anything that twat is involved with.

So how would you know if he has talent or doesn't? You couldn't have any clue.
    Mike... wrote: »
    Never listened to his music

Your opinion is written off.
    I was expecting that inevitable response "have you ever listened to his music?" from someone

Well when you create a thread about a musician, in the music forum, er yes.. one would think you might have expected that question... indeed, nothing gets passed you.. :confused:

I'd also think you might've listened to his music too before posting such drivel as "talentless waster" etc from a standpoint of (self-admitted) total ignorance, but nevermind.. no ones perfect I guess.

Carry on..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Not much of a fan but the stupidity in this thread is immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

Love his music. Anyone who judges him by reading the tabloids, and says that they hate him and that he's talentless without ever listening to his music cannot be taken seriously.

And Amy Winehouse? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I have listened to his music and I concur with op

Advertisement